Tower Cores

For discussions about discussions in the Conclave by those without posting permission

Moderator: Mills

Luftwaffles
Communist
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

Tower Cores

#1 Post by Luftwaffles »

I'll bring this over to the Common Hall as well.
Are you guys happy with the way Tower Cores work now? With a lot of the bitching that comes with Drakes, Perhaps proposed a system where you make Spawn Towers cost points instead of just a uniform core. I think it's interesting and worth looking into, but that adds another level of confusion to the game that already befuddles new players enough. To me, just balancing Drakes would be preferable but I keep an open mind.

What are your thoughts and how do you feel about the way they work?
- Luftwaffles

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Cokemonkey11

Re: Tower Cores

#2 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

I like the way they are, but I think the rate of new cores should exponentially reduce as game progresses.

This could fix some lag as well as make creep countering a more logical approach instead of just spamming all kinds of stuff.
I miss EotA :(

DiscombobuIator
Visitor
Visitor

#3 Post by DiscombobuIator »

I'm pretty much fine with this system, but it would be cool if you could make some big uberspawns with towers that cost 2-3 cores each.

Thermie
Visitor
Visitor
Battle.net name: Thermie

#4 Post by Thermie »

DiscombobuIator wrote:I'm pretty much fine with this system, but it would be cool if you could make some big uberspawns with towers that cost 2-3 cores each.
agreed, but not too uber, instead of big hp's/damage creeps make some with some player oriented utilities.

Example: some sort of creep akin to a summoner that summons pets and such but can be selected by a player and summoned to in a fashion similar to the normal spawn buildings.

Lunargent
Regular
Regular
Battle.net name: Lunargent

#5 Post by Lunargent »

I'll toss up my idea again, of using a tower core to fortify an obelisk tower. It would give the obelisk a defensive tower, and spawn units that would move to the tower and stay there to defend it. Just something else to use cores for, since obelisks are quite fragile and so easy to destroy with cheap battle plans.

As for the super spawn towers requiring multiple cores, I love it. These units should also have some major creep buffing abilities or auras, or something to make them frightening on the battlefield.

Thermie
Visitor
Visitor
Battle.net name: Thermie

#6 Post by Thermie »

Lunargent wrote:I'll toss up my idea again, of using a tower core to fortify an obelisk tower. It would give the obelisk a defensive tower, and spawn units that would move to the tower and stay there to defend it. Just something else to use cores for, since obelisks are quite fragile and so easy to destroy with cheap battle plans.

As for the super spawn towers requiring multiple cores, I love it. These units should also have some major creep buffing abilities or auras, or something to make them frightening on the battlefield.
*highfive*
this is a beautiful idea.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#7 Post by Reaper »

I also would like to see an option like that for fortifying obs
[Reaper]