Old Hero Thoughts

For discussions about discussions in the Conclave by those without posting permission

Moderator: Mills

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Cokemonkey11

Old Hero Thoughts

#1 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

(viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1395)

Of all the older heroes, arboreal crusader is probably my favorite just because she's so versatile.

As we all know the dispell stuff doesn't work correctly, so why not just give her a new spell?

Here are some ideas:

Binding Poison (passive switch)(low cd)(0 mana) While enabled, attacking drains mana but deals a small int agi based DoT. The debuff lasts 10 seconds, and at the expiration of it, if the target is more than 2000 game units away from the arboreal crusader, it will be slowed by 20% and take an additional agi based damage.

Talent: Seeded Poison: Gives Binding Poison a chance to entangle the enemy in place of taking the 20% slow.

Spirit of the Wild (stack)(low/medium cd)(low mana) While the stack is empty, casting this on an owl will add 10 to the stack. While it is not empty it can be thrown in a target direction granting the caster vision of the first unit it hits until it dies. If the affect hits a unit that is already being watched it will take significant agi based damage.

Talent: Nature's Fair Share: Casting an empty stack on an owl adds 15 to the stack instead of 10.

Ambush (active target)(medium cd)(medium mana) Causes the Arboreal Crusader to hide invisible in target tree until she moves.

Talent: Blessing of the Owl: Waiting in ambush in a tree being watched by an owl grants doubled hp regeneration.

Just some ideas, hope you like.
I miss EotA :(

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Re: Thoughts

#2 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

I honestly don't know what to think of Drayd, on one hand, shes pretty scary with all her disables (gale, entangle, ult), but on the other....

For the longest time I hated her, and still kinda do. My main complaint is that she is (imo) rather bland in comparison to most other creep heroes, which are just freaken awesome (Creep heroes are by far my favorites). Still, I have come to see some good merits in her, but as you stated, she needs some reworking...

Her ultimate is, put plainly: boring.
Her heal is decent, but only healing herself for 75%? is a negative. Fortunately, the talent makes up for this. Still, TC's heal easily outclasses this. Even Neph's standard heal is comparable (low CD).
Gale I have big issues with. On one hand, the skill is awesome, with the pushback effect. But the dmg is totally pathetic.
Weed is another iffy skill. It is easily killable, and takes long to set up. But the trap effect is vey nice. And it hits like a truck.
Her dispell would easily be one of the best in the game if it actually worked....

All in all, if the Drayd was reworked some, I could see myself playing her often, but as it stands, she is anything but epic, and often, simply mediocre.

Note: I am really glad you made a thread on this, Coke, this hero could use a slight revamp. To name a few others, so could BP, Naga, and TC (to some extent). But I heard Yak is looking into those so meh.
(viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1395)
Oh, and in concordance to Harpy on this thread, I think she is still borderline OP...
...but that's another topic...

America!

Teh_w00tz
Wanderer
Wanderer

#3 Post by Teh_w00tz »

Her ultimate isn't really a disable so much as an annoyance.

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Cokemonkey11

#4 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

If you go hardcore evocation/intelligence gale can be a force to be reckoned with, especially considering its cd and mana cost. It's just the dispel I was thinking for here mostly.
I miss EotA :(

Thermie
Visitor
Visitor
Battle.net name: Thermie

#5 Post by Thermie »

Cokemonkey11 wrote:If you go hardcore evocation/intelligence gale can be a force to be reckoned with, especially considering its cd and mana cost.
That and gale hitting buildings is a very big plus in my book.

As for replacing I was thinking a aura or a buff, More specifically an aura/buff that gives the slow poison effect when affected units ar hit. with higher ranks increasing damage and duration. And if that ist still a bit too weak a movement speed increase, seeing she has four legs hops everywhere she goes.

Lunargent
Regular
Regular
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Lunargent

Re: Old Hero Thoughts

#6 Post by Lunargent »

Dryad used to be amazingly fierce back in the 1.05 to 1.08 or so days. Then one day, Mean Ole' Yak nerfed Tangleweed by severly reducing its casting range and activation times. Ever since then, I've never been able to get back into the spirit of playing my beloved Dryad.

Also, I'd love to see more pushback on Gale, give it a longer range, or a talent to spawn other little mini tornados that push units back, but slightly off path too. Pushing people into Tangleweeds just isn't possible anymore, and it makes me sad. Bring back Tangleweed!

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#7 Post by Reaper »

It is possible you just have to finesse it a little more. Dryad is still really really good
[Reaper]

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#8 Post by Dekar »

I think the largest nerf to AC was gale losing damage with every hit.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer