New Obelisk Locations

For discussions about discussions in the Conclave by those without posting permission

Moderator: Mills

Thermie
Visitor
Visitor
Battle.net name: Thermie

New Obelisk Locations

#1 Post by Thermie »

Seeing no one created this post in the Common hall....

I am not a big fan of the new locations of the top and bottom obelisks. It's my opinion they are not too hard to take, but too easy. I find myself in many games simply porting to the path, spawning a wave of guys, marching them to the tower with battle plans, and then building another in its place.

...only to have it taken back a minute after completion...

I think these new obelisks should be more team oriented either through one of Elreths ideas...
a) make each side start off with its close ob on top/bot
b) make each side build obs on its close lane faster
or by perhaps (my favorite idea) moving them into the bases of the closest team. I think this would help increase the importance of these bases that tend to be the first to go down, and it would take these obelisks out of the high-speed-limbo-land that they seem to be in.

Rockness
Visitor
Visitor
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Rockness
Ignastio

Re: New Obelisk Locations

#2 Post by Rockness »

I agree, I never liked the changes, still don't.

I would like to see the north & south obelisks placed by their respective goldmines so as to be in a lane & contested/protected by more than just the players with brains.

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#3 Post by Discombobulator »

(Why can't I post in the conclave? o.O)

I support the plan that the top and bot obelisk be inactive for a certain time in the beginning of the game. That could be done with other contested obs as well.
I'm this forum's MVP.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#4 Post by Tehw00tz »

Maybe benefits should be added in for the obs in middle, possibly even the obs in rock and middle, like if you take the ob that is closer to the other team's base you should get more control/cores. This would actually cause more people to commit to pushing the mid lane instead of just staying by themselves in a side lane. The problem with this is it would cause games to spiral out of control much faster than normal for the losing team, but I think that adding something like that would actually add to the team dynamic of the game instead of just people spending 350 gold on mercs and claiming that they did all that they could. Out of all the games that we played on the weekend, the team that just committed two or even one hero to mid completely dominated because they could control both the obs, but got no advantage for said domination of the middle lane besides the normal control/cores. jamn had the lane pushed at all times because of abberation and they had generators up at the obelisks, but holding those risky obs has no benefit at all for you, because two merc waves and you can absolutely run through the closer ob. You may as well just save your money and rebuild the ob at rock or inn because those are easier to hold than the opposite one in middle.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by DarnYak »

I actually noticed something related in a different game. Taking the "enemy" Ob on Inn/Rock puts you in a stupidly good position. Besides just having a bridge choke point, from there you can shuffle back and forth to the far ob in mid, effectively protecting 3 Obs and two lanes at once. Add in some good replenishment gens for good measure. And you're near a gob shop + fountain if your desperate.

DarnYak

SuIIy
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Sully24

#6 Post by SuIIy »

actually add to the team dynamic of the game instead of just people spending 350 gold on mercs and claiming that they did all that they could.
Agreed.