Putrid Eidolon

Restricted access balance discussion

Moderator: Mills

BustroQuick
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: googlypoo

Putrid Eidolon

#1 Post by BustroQuick »

While I'd normally base my argument on what I believe to be a conceptual error, I don't really see one here. What I do see though, are very high numbers alongside fairly high frequency. If you haven't guessed already, I think Eidolon is too strong, though with only a few minor tweaks I think his power can be deflated.

Wilting: This skill hits harder than most other nukes in the game, and due to the nature of spawns, they don't walk away from its effects (that being the downside of a DoT spell in an area) and hence it simply outclasses other nukes. It deals something like 4 x Int damage at maximum level over four seconds; with a multiplier that high any spawnwave is brought to its knees. Not only this, but the cooldown is very low, and due to the Eidolon's innate, mana typically isn't a problem. Pushing against an Eidolon with this skill in his repertoire is nigh impossible. You'd have to rely on hero strength alone to kill the Eidolon if you want a decent push, which leads to the next problem.

Fungal Shield: Originally, the regeneration provided by this skill was enough to outheal Ice Lance, even at low levels. Then Yak nerfed it. But it's still too damn strong; the Eidolon remains almost unkillable AND regenerates his hit points while under its effects. It makes enemies fall asleep as well, giving the Eidolon an easy escape even if you manage to lower his hit points by an amount that would will him to do so. By the time you catch him, the shield will likely have boosted his hit points out of killing range.

Entangling Seed: This skill wouldn't be that much of a problem if it couldn't effect a hero more than once. The entangle is long enough that it hitting three times a row with the talent (which happens in inordinately large amount of times to me) usually leads to death given a hero is in the vicinity or you have bad positioning with the spawns. I wouldn't say this skill is a major problem, but it definitely adds to the Eidolon's unkillable factor.

Spore Cloud: Highly effective clouds aren't uncommon in EotA, but when you can spam them as much as this, they get to be a problem. Particularly when you can keep the Arcane Wagon permanently invisible. The long duration doesn't help either. Without detection methods, this spell is devastating (but hey, that follows a paradigm too, doesn't it) and the sleep is at a point where even the strongest units do not escape its grasp (yeah, it hits magnataurs and makes catapults sleepy).

With modified cooldowns and durations (and some talent alterations) I think all of these skills will be fine. But as they stand, they euphonize and form a monstrosity.

One we know only as the Putrid Eidolon.

Casval
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Casval

Re: Putrid Eidolon

#2 Post by Casval »

I agree with all points here. You can pretty much build him however you want and still be super-effective. AFAIK neither FS nor ES is dispellable either, which makes him that much more annoying.

His innate just makes him that much more annoying because of its seemingly massive range. Just attacking two or three of them by yourself will take out a good half of your HP on most heroes, which is just ridiculous if PE puts them out of the way, as most players do.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by DarnYak »

The nerf bat has been swung.

DarnYak

Elreth
Resident
Resident

#4 Post by Elreth »

I was under the impression he was supposed to be limited to 4 stumps, and im not sure if this is a bug or some stat based expansion of this but I have seen rothwyns litter lanes with stumps before. In any event this needs to be nerfed/fixed.

Luftwaffles
Communist
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#5 Post by Luftwaffles »

Can you tell us exactly what you nerfed?

I just want to inquire because I hope Roth doesn't end up on the other spectrum next version, with all shitty spells that do nothing and him sucking intensely and rather then us all dying when we see Roth picked simply because he's ridix imba, we all die because he's useless and can't do shit. =p
- Luftwaffles

BustroQuick
Battle.net name: googlypoo

#6 Post by BustroQuick »

Check the changelog on the wiki.

http://eota.emufarmers.com/wiki/Next_Version

Or if you're too lazy-

Code: Select all

*  Spore Cloud
          o Units under sleep can no longer be re-slept until after they wake up
          o Sleep duration on heroes reduced to 2 seconds from 4
          o Sleep duration on units reduced to 6 seconds from 9
          o Chance to miss reduced 
    * Wilting
          o Range reduced to 250 from 300
          o Damage reduced
          o Cooldown increased to 19 seconds from 15 
    * Fungal Armor
          o Chance to sleep a hero reduced to 25% of the chance to sleep a unit, from 33%
          o Regeneration reduced significantly
          o Barrier health increased slightly 
    * Entangling Seed damage reduced
    * Infestation
          o Number of locusts per stump gained by strength reduced from 1 per 10 strength to 1 per 13 strength
          o Base health reduced to 120 from 240
          o Additional health per Strength reduced to 2.5 from 4
          o Talent Venomous Bites cost increased to 25 crystal from 10