Wiki Hero Format

Suggest improvements to any aspect of the wiki.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wiki Hero Format

#1 Post by DarnYak »

I've been trying to put together a format for hero sections that covers everything, is easy to read, and is easy for people to edit. My current work in progress is here. Not all of its been moved into templates yet, but most of it will be by the time its over so editting should be nice and easy.

Feedback is welcome, and I know its got a ways to go. You can even mess with it yourselves if you want, just don't completely destroy it. Well, i guess you can, since wiki has a rollback thing built in.

DarnYak

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2 Post by DarnYak »

I've updated this to be what will probably be its final version (for now). Comments are welcome.

Btw, please don't fill in the blanks. Yes, i'm using some of the aero's data, but this is just meant to be a sample entry for all others to copy and then fill in the blanks.

DarnYak

Edit - I lied, I'm still fucking with it, like making the spell details box collapsable

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

#3 Post by Pheonick »

Is there much point in collapsible spell details? They're a core part of information of a hero.

For stat variable spells it would be pretty nice to have a statistics calculator for different ranks. Would give people a better idea of spell strength.

Otherwise, it looks nice. I'm glad no one put my name up as a noob. Any actions on this will be lamely unoriginal (albeit with a chance of actually being funny).

Noob should be added to the post dictionary.
I've been told that, with major surgery, I can become a preeetty good combination doorstep and draft excluder.

I feel...zomg.

"Stop getting up at night, just pee in your closet, it's that easy!" - Billy May

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by DarnYak »

Pheonick wrote:Is there much point in collapsible spell details? They're a core part of information of a hero.
Page length was rather long, with a ton of empty space. I'm also considering going with something inbetween, where the summary is always shown but not the spell details.

DarnYak

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

#5 Post by Pheonick »

Nothing on the stat calculator then?
I've been told that, with major surgery, I can become a preeetty good combination doorstep and draft excluder.

I feel...zomg.

"Stop getting up at night, just pee in your closet, it's that easy!" - Billy May

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by DarnYak »

Pheonick wrote:Nothing on the stat calculator then?
That's a bit more time then i'm willing to invest at the moment. Plus there's some question as to how useful it is vs just being a cool feature.

DarnYak

Eltonbrand
Visitor
Visitor
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Eltonbrand

Re: Wiki Hero Format

#7 Post by Eltonbrand »

A template for talents would also be nice
I like EotA. Need more be said?