Shouldn't there be a subforum for ability suggestions?

Suggest improvements to the forums' appearance, function, or management.
TDN
Wanderer
Wanderer

Shouldn't there be a subforum for ability suggestions?

#1 Post by TDN »

People are rarely going to go out of their way to create a whole new hero suggestion, so wouldn't it be better to have ability suggestions, as they are much quicker & easier to make? Once there are enough ability suggestions for DarnYak to choose from, he can pick some and create a new hero, adjusting the abilities slightly to include some synergies etc.

DarnYak was looking for abilities that are more like wc3's base abilities (Storm Bolt etc.) instead of heavily modified trigger abilities for 2 reasons:

Time (he has to spend much more time creating triggers to make the custom abilities work)
Bugs & Leaks (simple spells are easier to fix)

However, I really feel that moderately to heavily customized spells & abilities are much more impressive, and make the map more impressive overall (main reason why Dota got so popular in the first place). So, DarnYak should request the suggesters supply the trigger code when they suggest abilities/spells. So,

Steps-
#1: Suggest an ability/spell.
#2: Provide the code (if needed), as accurately and bug free as possible. If it is complicated, explain as accurately as possible.
#3: Have people vote on the ability. If it's good enough, and gets enough votes, consider implementing it.

just my thoughts...

Emufarmers
Site Admin
Site Admin
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Emufarmers

Re: Shouldn't there be a subforum for ability suggestions?

#2 Post by Emufarmers »

Ok. :)

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Shouldn't there be a subforum for ability suggestions?

#3 Post by DarnYak »

I deleted the forum, as it was both under the wrong category (suggetsions is for modifying existing heroes), and it fits well enough into the main category of Development Hero Ideas (modified the description to make that clearer)

DarnYak