Super Smash Bros Brawl

AlienFromBeyond
Resident
Resident

Re: Super Smash Bros Brawl

#26 Post by AlienFromBeyond »

ToXiK wrote:No one has even mentioned that it got delayed until February 10th?

Fail
They just put it on the site today, give people a little break.

And fuck tournaments. I understand banning items, but banning characters that make items!? That's part of the design of that fighter!

Mills
Addict
Addict

#27 Post by Mills »

AlienFromBeyond wrote:They just put it on the site today, give people a little break.
So?
tehw00tz wrote:No jamn, any character that can drop behind items is usaully banned from tourney play. It's pretty much why every tournament consists of: Captain Falcon, Fox, Falco, and Ganondorf. Not to mention the fact they're higher tier characters.
[/quote]

Fox, Falco, Captain Falcon, and Shiek 1v1 on Final Destination with all items turned off is the way the game should be played 60% of the time, all the time.

AlienFromBeyond
Resident
Resident

#28 Post by AlienFromBeyond »

ToXiK wrote:
AlienFromBeyond wrote:They just put it on the site today, give people a little break.
So?
What do you mean "So?" I didn't even know it was delayed until I saw it on the site, so how the hell am I supposed to comment on it?

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#29 Post by Tehw00tz »

That really sucks. I hope it's worth the two month extra wait.
Woo, King Dedede, now all I need is Megaman, Bomberman, or Geno (From Super Mario RPG)
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#30 Post by Perhaps »

Yet another leak that has happened before a character is released. This one is by Sega.
Character Leak (Not Sonic)

Express your thoughts and feelings with keen vigilance.
イクゼ
MAKE SOME NOISE!

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#31 Post by Tehw00tz »

I give up on you, Perhaps, I really do.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Tehw00tz

#32 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/760/760880.html
Under the screenshots
Brawl confirmed for Resident Evil.
Backwards E's are badass

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#33 Post by Reaper »

I want to meet someone who is going to main wario
[Reaper]

Mills
Addict
Addict

#34 Post by Mills »

Reaper wrote:I want to meet someone who is going to main wario
My one friend up here at Albright has developed a mean Wario, albeit not as good as my Diddy.

Reaper
Retired
Retired

#35 Post by Reaper »

REAL MEN CAN WAIT UNTIL ITS US RELEASE
[Reaper]

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict

#36 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-oA1ccSQ5o
Those wacky tournament players and their Fox and Final Destination.
Backwards E's are badass

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#37 Post by A_New_Dawn »

You know, if your going to play this game you might as well go with WOW, aleast its fun, although highly time consuming.

Ion
Communist

#38 Post by Ion »

I don't quite fully understand your post Dawn.
Ion.

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict

#39 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

WoW takes time that I don't have. I can't sit there and devote 5 hours every day to a game.
Oh and it costs money per month.
Oh and it sucks.
Oh and it's not fun.
Backwards E's are badass

Ion
Communist

#40 Post by Ion »

Oops. I was going by the coherency of his other posts and spent a bit of time pondering that one. Not much of a puzzle, but I was expecting one.

My bad.
You know, if your going to play this game you might as well go with WOW
I don't understand how purchasing a Nintendo-Allstars (and now other) Fighting Game would logically lead you to purchasing Blizzards sequal to Warcraft III and first foray into the world of MMORPGs that costs 12$ a month and an addition 45$ to purchase, as well as requiring several hours a day of gameplay to make it semi-fun- where Brawl can take up six hours of your time and you have no idea what just happened because you were having too much fun pwning.

I think getting Brawl, and getting WoW, are two completely different situations where one eats away at your life and the other simply enhances it.
Ion.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#41 Post by Soulbourne »

If it takes away 5+ hours of your life daily, then it's basically a no-monthly cost WoW. And one that has fewer variety unless you have a lot of different people playing. No social interaction except beating each others skulls in during serious play. And if online, none at all most likely.

A lot of people play WoW not just for gameplay, but social interactions. I wonder iof to rpers on an rp realm were bf/gf in real life, if one was a paladin, would that be awkward in game?
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#42 Post by Strychnyne »

I socialize for my social needs. Playing a game society follows no logic what so ever.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#43 Post by Soulbourne »

I go to school for mine...nobody lives near me though, well, a bunch of kids a lot younger than me....And a self proclaimed evil empress who.....ya, probably can't socialize with her.....
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

Ion
Communist

#44 Post by Ion »

If it takes away 5+ hours of your life daily, then it's basically a no-monthly cost WoW. And one that has fewer variety unless you have a lot of different people playing. No social interaction except beating each others skulls in during serious play. And if online, none at all most likely.

A lot of people play WoW not just for gameplay, but social interactions. I wonder iof to rpers on an rp realm were bf/gf in real life, if one was a paladin, would that be awkward in game?
requiring several hours a day of gameplay to make it semi-fun- where Brawl can take up six hours of your time
A subtle difference in wording, however important in conveying the meaning of my sentence. I said it could take up to six hours of your time and you wouldn't notice, I didn't say every day.

Honestly, I'm not even going to get into WoW being a field for "social-interaction", but I think you have WoW and Brawl backwards. Here's the difference between a WoW party and a Brawl party:

WoW Party: Everyone is at home, at their computer screen, or not facing each other cramped in a tight room on LAN. You can't sit on the couch and play because computers are too phat, and unless you got $$$ you're not going to be able to afford a decent laptop to play with on the couch. No one's looking at each other, and everyone's trying to meet up from being half-way across the world at some specific point so you can start a raid that might take you 4-6 hours to complete.

Brawl Party: Everyone comes to your house. You guys crack open a few beers, everyone's sitting around; probably about half or more then half the people in the room either don't play Brawl or don't want to, but love watching it anyway because it's so entertaining. People are talking, partying, enjoying themselves as you try to plug in your Wii but you forget where the fuck the chords go and in what jacks..

WoW Party: You guys finally meet up. You go through a few rooms but by then

Brawl Party: Brawl is up. Four people step up to the plate and choose from one of over 20 chars. and start kickin' each other's ass. People are yelling, screaming, some leaving the room and re-entering. You're waiting your turn, laughing and watching and making off-hand comments about how nerfed Marth got and how much you love Landmaster.

WoW Party: One of your party members goes AFK cause he probably wants to jerk off, and the rest of you decide to get food. Unfortunately

Brawl Party: By this time more people have shown up and you're all just chilling. Now everyone's played a round, since rounds aren't that long, and you can start doing epic 1v1s, 3-stock on Tourny-stages or FD 3 games. Kick everyone's ass, keep switchin' chars and enjoying the fun of hanging out with everyone and showing off something you're good at.

WoW Party: He's still not done and you're wishing right about now you could change chars, since that Level 65 Orc Warlock is getting a bit boring; but in order to do that you'll have to invest something around 40-60 more hours into the game. Unlike

Brawl Party: A Brawl Party, where you would've already spent the less-then-10 hours it takes to get all the characters, since most of the characters can be earned through matches played; which you can do at parties like this! Wow, how lucky. Or you could do the Subspace Emery, which doesn't take 40-60 hours to complete, or you could just enjoy maining Metaknight or Wario since he's so pwn. At any rate, the selection kick ass.

WoW Party: Three hours later you guys wipe and are super pissed off. You are start blaming each other and then you decide to go get a coke.

Brawl Party: After maybe 2 or 3 hours everyone's gettin' tired, it's time to get something to eat. You can break, play the few people who are serious 1v1 while everyone moves rooms. Food comes, you can take a break; eat, talk, return if you'd like but no rush. You and a few others wanna go outside? Not a problem. More beer? Easy. Does it affect your gameplay? Probably, but who cares.

You know, it's like. Brawl, you sit there face to face. Yeah, you can play on Wi-Fi and w/e but I'm still gonna invite people over to play it. WoW? WoW at a party- it's not gonna happen. Unless you got some super cool friend with like 5 computers, WoW is one of those games that's just not fit for fast-fun playing. You invest time in it, and perhaps it rewards you.

Brawl<3.
Ion.

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict

#45 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

I fully agree.
Also, if you do happen to have everyone on the WoW party in the same room it's usually hot as hell and you need to crank the AC down to a good 60 before it feels anywhere near comfortable.
Backwards E's are badass

Reaper
Retired
Retired

#46 Post by Reaper »

Nominate Ion for epic post award
[Reaper]

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict

#47 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

Since when can 1up write good articles?
http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.off ... Id=3166748
Backwards E's are badass

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict

#48 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

Post friend codes now
mine- 4983-4598-6896
Backwards E's are badass

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#49 Post by Strychnyne »

When I replace my Wii I'll post. It'll be in my info as well.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#50 Post by Perhaps »

Well with the special brawl options... "bunny ears, fast, heavy gravity." The highest character only needing 450 matches. It was was a fast opperation getting them all unlocked. ^_^ .b