Fort Yak

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fort Yak

#26 Post by DarnYak »

After almost missing the ability to trade (Lord Yak was doing everything from building bridges to hauling seeds everywhere), managed to trade a bunch of prepared food (its still overly valuable + just about the only thing i've made anyway) for a lot more food, some leather, some cloth, and some shields. Yay for the ever popular syrup roasts.

Nevermind, didn't get the shields. Asshole wanted all the food in my fort to add the shields on top and make an...well, i guess its not that outragous of a profit considering he's likely to die on the way out.

They made it, narrowly missing an accursed smoke.

Winter passed without much note. Still trying to build all the entrance bridges, working on a great dining hall since its inevitable my dwarves will get upset over zombies. Also almost done exploring the first cavern layer, going to move down and try to setup magma forges to. Surprisingly, little ore of any kind so far.

Nick almost starved to death during exploration. Somehow a ramp to get back up got destroyed, so he was stuck in a tunnel doing nothing.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#27 Post by DarnYak »

Spring migrant time!
Unfortunate Migrants.jpg
This is a swarm of 100+ giant zombie mosquitos. Slghtly to the right and below are all the migrants. There's a hatch open and waiting for them, but who knows how many, if any, will make it there.

Wow a pet goose made it in by flying up to the unfinished roof and walking in the original tunnel. Dwarves are running around in utter chaos so far.

6 dead (including some of the most skilled dwarves, damn). Mirror suddenly got taken by a mood. Dwarves still running everywhere.

Many dwarves almost making it to safety, but then they see the donkey skin zombie sitting near the hatch and run back into the pack of zombie mosquitos. Never thought butchering a donkey could result in this much death. Up to 11 deaths.

Damn, lost a Master Miller. Probably for the best, her husband and one of her children were also killed, so she'd probably just tantrum all over the place. One lone child and a bull calf still outside running in terror. I can only watch helplessly. The dead miller's daughter is now throwing a tantrum.

Another kid throwing a tantrum. Turns out its Roflfax's neice, who lost both parents. Roflfax is jsut fine though.

Last child fell into a pond and died. Time to name the survivors (and mention thier losses to explain upcoming tantrums0:
- Apollyon: a thresher/miller (lost a child and spouse)
- Lunargent: a marksdwarf
- AgentFX: Weaponsmith/Gemcutter/Macedwarf (lost a child and pet)
- Casval: Gemcutter + drafted into army
- Cokemonkey: Clothesmaker (lost a pet - also is Lunar's wife)
- Disco: Fisherdwarf turned weaver since i dont need more goddamn fisherdwarves
- Jamn: Amazingly awesome dwarf that started with good stats in: Speardwarf, Marksdwarf, Dodger, GREAT Fish Dissector, Clother, Cheese Maker, Metal Crafter, Soaper, and Expert in almost all the conversation skills. Making nto part time army and part time everything he does.
---Ok that's odd, i can't name Jamn. Maybe he's a vampire. Or weredwarf
- Coramoor: Milker/farmer
- Kibi: Great Brewer (lost spouse)
- Thermie: Beekeeper (with no bees - yet!)
- Crazyedd: Spinner/Dyer
- Googlypoo: Recordkeeper with a bunch of awesome skills...and i oddly also can't name. Might have to draft these two into some sort of vampires that kill zombies team.

Also there's 3 random unnamed children, some new some old.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#28 Post by DarnYak »

NO SIEGE DONT GO INT THE SWARM OF MOSQUTOS TO PICK CRAP UP

Siege died. So much for a year of training for one of two dwarves with the teacher skill.

OMG WTF Strych just turned into a zombie in the middle of the fort with no indicaiton at all what happened. He's even listed as missing while he's a zombie killing people! Also one of the dwarf zombies that helped killed siege is now parading up the main hallway.
Strych.jpg
Strych.jpg (25.8 KiB) Viewed 9176 times
Yak, Rokhan, Funk killed by Strych. WTF HAPPENED.

Shit, I found the combat log. One of those bitch dwarven children tantruming killed Strych.

Zombie cascade in progress. Only Reborn and jamn are walking around calmly doing dwarf stuff. Definiately vampires or some other traitors.

Seasons has gone berserk! Charged the zombies and immediately died. Jamn and Googly are now draftd, standing in the middle of a room full of zombies neither attacking nor being attacked. See this picture - Red is zombies, Green is jamn+googly:
Zombiefriend.jpg
'Strych has been missing for a week'. 'Strych has been found dead'. no shit he was killed in a room full of othe rdwarves, by a dwarven child, and then rose as a zombie to murder everyone.

Googly and jamn own the shit out of zombies if specifically ordered to attack one. The two of them could probably rebuild this fort from scratch with their zombie immunity.

Down to just the vampires. Reloading from the auto save at the start of spring now.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#29 Post by DarnYak »

Alright, start of spring again. Redoing the exploration caves, drafting pool as an architect so shit gets built faster.

The migrants return. This time, no giant swarm of mosquitos.

Rolffax withdraws from society...

The waterbuffalo head hair is blocking the dwarves from reaching safety. The horror.

Most the dwarves made it inside, except for one being chased by a giant grasshopper zombie. God i didn't want to name like 30 dwarves.

Nick and Emu got married. Grats!

The water buffalo skin chased a cat into the fort. Now it's in my training area. Zombie disposal system not yet ready. Hopefully it's not very dangerous and will be good practice for my army.

Last dwarf made it in. Time to name this giant mess of dwarves.
- Lunargent, great marksdwarf
- Casval, a marskdwarf
- Cokemonkey, drafted
- AgentFX, a marksdwarf
- Appolloyon, drafted
- Coramoor, drafted
- Thermie, metalcrafter/furnace operator
- Disco, drafted
- Kibi, drafted
- RSOG, farmer
- Crazyedd, spinner
- Salt, Great cook
- Leek, cook/farmer
- Rockness, drafted
- LaserWolf, miller/thresher
- Elreth, drafted
- AlienFromBeyond, weaver
- ZDig, mechanic
- Lanthis, drafted
- Furion, marksdwarf
- Diana, hammerdwarf
- Konnar, bowyer
- Soulborne, mason
- Storamin, mason

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#30 Post by Dekar »

Kid killing grown ups in a tantrum and causing a zombie spiral - awesome!
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#31 Post by DarnYak »

After almost forgetting, I finaly got a cut gem for Roflfax. 3 peices of stone and a gem, and he' sstarted a mysterious construction.

Roflfax made a boring earring and became a legendary engraver.

Elven caravan! Which i don't give a shit about since i have nothing to trade.

Rokhan has given birth to a girl. Another worthless mouth to feed.

After killing the water buffalo skin a dozen times (and making Dekar very mad in the process), the disposal system is finally done and its been flushed down the chute. Kinda sa,d i think the dwarves were getting good exp from it. Nextt ime i'll have to butcher something far more non-threatening, like a kitten.

Oh hey, i forgot about the elves. Hello elf zombies.

Oh, joy, a tree grew in my zombie smahser causing the bridge to deconstruct instead of flattening it.

Seasons gave birth to a boy!

Holy shit I opened upt he pit and told Dekar/Siege to go kill the zombie so i can dump its corpse outside elsewhere, Dekar was in the middle of a drink, is pissed off, comes charging down the tunnel still carrying the barrel to go kill that stupid zombie. The zombie skin head has been thrown outside the walls while i fix the garbage disposal again.

DarnYak

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#32 Post by DarnYak »

Summer migrant time...and a cloud of smoke spawns near the hatch. Dwarves manage to run ahead of teh cloud, but now a donkey skin zombie is guaridng the hatch.

I have to deconstruct the zombie disposal bridges, build a stone floor, then rebuild the damn bridges because of these stpid trees. You would think shutting the bridge on a sapling would destroy it.

The water buffalo head skin made its way back to the entrance hatch to party with the donkey skin.

Migrants aren't getting names anymore unless thier notable. Takes too much damn time to find names at this point.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#33 Post by jamn455 »

At least I can be proud in the fact that my dwarf was so damn powerful he could win the game on his own.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#34 Post by Kalrithus »

Legendary engraver, awesome. Should make DF for War3 =P

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#35 Post by DarnYak »

jamn455 wrote:At least I can be proud in the fact that my dwarf was so damn powerful he could win the game on his own.
Yea, but he didn't, worthless.

Resuming the dwarf fortressing. The second cavern layer is mostly explored, now going for the third and trying to find some lava because I'm depserately in need of forging some weapons. Found a tribe of ant people. A random craftsdwarf got a fey mood - even if he makes something that gives him legendary, it'll just be woodcrafting. Too bad for him, Dekar's the only dwarf in the fort iwth an axe and he won't cut down any of the goddamn trees.

General Funk gave birth to a girl. Luftwaffles gave birth to a boy. Human caravan has arrived! Hit magma & adamantite.

Crap, a kobold got caught by accurssed smoke and snuck in. Hell, i hadn't considered how to deal with tons of ambusher corpses...

Good news, the kobold still acts like a theif and ran as soon as it saw a dwarf. Time to wall off that back entrance I forgot about.

Human caravan guards can't seem to kill the zombie headhairs. And for some unknown reason a bunch of dwarves surged outside (I assume relating to the kobold) and are now also scared of the zombie headhairs. Among them was Luftwaffles with his newborn girl. Terrible parent.

Managed to get everyone back inside safely. Trading time. This is some pretty fucking legendary food you humans are willing to risk your life over.

I've thrown Dekar out of the military in hopes he'll cut down some of these goddamn trees. Great, he decided to run straight outside, ended up finding a zombie goblin along the way, which caused him to go into a tantrum and try to punch the goblin. Oh, and his axe is missing. One of two fucking weapons in the fortress, and he loses it.

GeneralFunk has died ot the goblin snatcher. Several other dwarves injured (they don't have weapons afterall). A nameless recruit has died to a zombie hand. Pwnography chased the zombie hand down the garbage chute somehow and has bled to death. GeneralFunk is now a zombie and is sitting around where he died. Tried to dump the nameless recruit's body, but just as i sent that order he rose as a zombie.

Ordered dwarves to seize the only weapon the caravan brought - an axe thank god. But only one of them, wtf. Also took all their wood. Apollyon, Coramoor, another nameless dwarf died to the zombies. Siege's arm has been injured, we no longer have a military with weapons. Rockness dead. Siege bled to death. One of the zombies attacked sparda, he killed it (again).

Woodworker completed his artifact, a shitty wooden cup. Yea that'll help against the zombies, thanks.

Zombie pwnography killed a dog and is making his way to the main hall. I don't anticipate this lasting much longer. Roflfax and many others dead.
Overrun Again.jpg
I have the miners and Dekar (without an axe) patrolling the main hall. Trying to move the other dwarves somewhere sorta safe. In the midst of the retreat, Hammel gave birth to a boy.

Emu and Casval died. Dekar has given into melancholy (DAMNR RIGHT YOU SHOULD THIS IS ALL YOUR FUCKING FAULT). Nick, Seasons, and Sparda down, meaning no miners remaining at this point (problem: no more picks). Zombies made it to the retreat point anyway. Disco is throwing a tantrum while leading a fighting demonstration. A single dwarven child was in the dining hall, I locked him in and told him to throw the switch to shut the front bridge.

Two survivors at this point. One is the dwarven cchild, trying to attend a meeting. The other is Lord Yak, trying to hold the meeting but is currently trapped at the entrance. He let the human merchants out to draw away the zombies, and may now succesfully run away to start a new fort.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#36 Post by DarnYak »

New embark. A Terrifying Freshwater Marsh, on the other side of the world. The terrifying biome only covers one world tile, but that shouldn't impact how terrifying it is. No aquifer here, so getting started will be easier.

Starting Dwarves:
- Siege, Teacher/Axedwarf
- Watermelon, Farmer/Armorsmith
- Warskull, Concentraion/Shielduser
- Yak, appaiser/teacher/dodger
- Googlypoo, weaponsmith/mechanic
- Dekar, student/striker
- Mills, teacher/hammerdwarf

The basic plan is to have Watermelon/Googly do basic survival needs for start of game, then switch them to crafting late game. Yak/Dekar/Warskull will be mining until the first wave of migrants arrive. Mills/Siege will be on guard duty. Going to be short on food to start and no building materials at all, but much more heavily armed. All the dwarves will ultimately become responsible for training the military, hence the shortage of most dwarf skills.

SON OF A BITCH ALL THAT SETUP AND IT CRASHES ON THE INITIAL LOAD.

Can't embark there, crashed again. Meh.

Different embark also crashed. And another random embark. This world is fucked.

New world genned. Hit the 'Age of Heroes' and stopped at year 182. Using same basic setup, embarking in an area that's part haunted and part terrifying so with luck we'll see different rain & clouds.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#37 Post by DarnYak »

Starting Over.jpg
Kinda worried about this embark. Lots of living animals, and the grass isn't the crazy evil grass, but i'm certain I started in a terrifying biome. Will have to wait and see what happens.

Nevermind, here come the zombies.

Somehow I hit stone while making preparations to smash through the aquifier, meaning I have easy access down. Right under my wagon too.

Accursed Fog spawned, but it didn't hit anything so i'm not sure what it does.

Just as i went to seal off the entrance, a zombie louse man (again wtf, this a differnet world) showed up and killed siege and mills

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#38 Post by Dekar »

As you are in a multi biome area you probably started out in a biome without aquifer.
How do you usually break though?

You dont write enough about Dekar's exploits.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#39 Post by DarnYak »

With the amount of soil I've had in these biomes, I usualy just drop a giant block of sand from above into a pit i dig in the aquifier. It's a big hassle if its a two level deep acquifier, but that's how it always is.

Managed to make it inside safely this time. Place is crammed, but everything is now inside and the wagon deconstructed, with a locked stone hatch over the ramp in.
Hovel.jpg
Hovel.jpg (24.34 KiB) Viewed 9155 times
Apparently I was really lucky, the rocky area letting me get through the aquifier was just a random tiny peice near my wagon, this is it when i carved out the sand around it.
Rock.jpg
Rock.jpg (18.09 KiB) Viewed 9153 times
Also appears that the aquifier is a 2 layer pain in the ass, which I doubt i'll bother to breach the hard way.

You'll note one of my new approaches: doors fucking everywhere. If a zombie gets in you can just close off a section. They don't attack doors (or at least not rock ones so far).

Opened up the caverns so cave moss starts growing so we can feed the livestock. Unfortunately I missed the first layer and hit the second, oh well.

Giant swarm of giant zombie mosquitoes again. It's like almost the exact same creatures but in a completley new world.

New farms setup, trying to make a burrow specifically for farmers, but will probably have to wait before completing it, need to get basic industry setup. Almost out of booze, THIS IS A CRISIS.

Mills and Siege have become romantically involved while training together. Awwwwww, how sweet. Mills also became a Hammerlord...for some reason, having one dwarf as a high level student seems to really accelerate training rates. Siege is about to become an Axelord.

Drinks up to 60, food's a bit low but should be fine with the seeds produced by drinks.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#40 Post by DarnYak »

SUMMER MIGRANT TIME

Oh well that was boring. Only 3, and no zombies nearby so everyone got in safe. Also 2 pets (chick & poult). Assignments:
- Emu, farmer
- Shortling, miner
- Sparda, craftsdwarf

Warskull has been retired from mining for now and transfered to the military to begin training.

A plant processing area has been completed.
Plant Proc.jpg
It's not too far from the farms, but should provide enough isolation in an outbreak. Next I should probaly work on a disposal system again...

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#41 Post by DarnYak »

Not much going on. Found the first cavern (kind of in a shitty position for my planning but i can work with it).

FALL MIGRANT TIME. Once again, all reached it in complete safety. Assignments:
- Roflfax, armorsmith/miner
- Seasons, cook
- Strych, mechanic
- Hammel, farmer
- Mian, leatherworker
- Rokhan, glassmaker/miner
- Mandien, clothesmaker/cook
- Pheonick, drafted

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#42 Post by DarnYak »

A stray gossling somehow was wandering around outside and has become the first zombie victim. Oh, apparently thers' two other random livestock over on the other side of the river too. How the hell did they get there, or why did they spawn there..

Dwarven caravan has arrived. They succumbed to a freashy baked syrup roast and traded away most of their goods for it. I love hungry traders. Got a bunch of leather/cloth/more food in return. Winter has arrived without any substantial events.

Some kobold theives arrived but were instantly spotted and ran off. Not much going on, just expanding the kitchen area and trying to make a dining hall deep in the fort.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#43 Post by DarnYak »

Spring migrants, holy fuck there's a ton - 30 or so. Naming a few notables but not all of them. 8 children too.

Named:
- Pwnography, axedwarf
- Jamn, drafted
- Luftwaffles, swordsdwarf
- GeneralFunk, drafted
- Nick, mason
- AgentFX, drafted
- Pool, manager
- Lunargent, drafted
- Kibi, macedwarf
- Cokemonkey, drafted
- Coramoor, hammerdwarf
- Casval, marksdwarf
- Apollyon, drafted
- Sully, drafted

I realize this has been uneventful lately, but the past few times it was one tiny event that triggered the entire fort dying, so who knows what's going to happen.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#44 Post by Dekar »

fixed overabundant giant mosquitoes

Looks like I will start playing with the next release, in the hope that there will be no severe bugs.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#45 Post by DarnYak »

All the dwarves were hanging out at the entrance to the fort while a new meeting area is being dug. This includes the entire dwarven military. A goblin snatcher somehow got in, grabbed Pool & Luftwaffles child, and ran out before anyone attacked him. He also left the child's right arm behind, I presume to animate and kill everyone in the fort. He got away, but on the brigth side the child is at least more likely to survive than being here at this fort. Unless the giant mosquito zombies kill the goblin and him on the way out.

Jamn found a differnet goblin and is foolishly chasing him out into the wilds. Infact, there's a whole parade of dwarves inexplicably running off to the lower right corner of the map. Making a burrow and ordering all the dwarves back inside, hopefully the giant swarm of zombie mosquitoes won't claim any victims.

The parade of dwarves continues, now their swimming through the river. Dwarves NEVER voluntarily swim, what the hell is going on. Ok, one of them ran to the far side of the river, in the middle of the map, and started drinking from the river. When there's plenty of booze available. They're on their way back now... I'm not sure if any dwarves were lost, it almost looked like some were swept off the map while crossing the river, but i can't locate any missing.

OH JESUS WHY IS THE WHOLE FORT SUDDENLY OUTSIDE UNDER THE SWARM OF GIANT ZOMBIE MOSQUITOES.

Oh, ok. The elven merchants died. Everything's set to auto-forbid. Except the goods they brought with them didn't auto forbid, and now they all want to go pick up random crap the elves were going to sell us. Fucking dwarves.

Fort's lost due to two random bugs, reloading from save.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#46 Post by DarnYak »

Reload lost almost no time. Not letting the elven caravan in this time, since it'll just get killed by mosquitos (and may still regardless). No goblins so far, but also moved the dwarves deeper into the fort just incase. Spada's given brith to a girl, grats! Shortling's the father.

Summer arrived. Elves still alive, barely hovering outside range of the zombie mosqiutoes.

More migrants. Crap. Unlocking the door for them meant the elves tried to get in, which angered the mosquitos, which the elves are now leading to the migrants.
Stupid elf.jpg
New dwarves (only 8 or so thank god)
- Elreth: Bookkeeper
- Konnar: Drafted
- LaserWolf: Drafted
- Diana: Axedwarf
- Storamin: Drafted
- Furion: Drafted

Btw, i need names for new dwarves, feel free to suggest people i've forgotten.

Seasons got elected mayor at some point, but he's upset about something. Not having a room I guess. Or a bed. Not that any dwarves do yet. New meeting area has been finshed, which is where the beds will go. Deep in the fort, nice and hopefully safe.

Mian has withdrawn from societ. Always knew it would happen someday. Here's an updated view of the fort:
Layout.jpg
The kid's room is a burrow with all the children assigned to it. Party to avoid them from chatting up everyone till they get elected mayor, and partly so they don't get snatched and make their parents unhappy. Speaking of kids, Roflfax gave birth to a girl. Grats! Strych is the father.

A pub miner decided to go outside to fish. He found the mosquitoes.

Mian has begun a mysterious construction! With 3 peices of leather only.

Awesome, a giant bat leather tunic. And he's legendary Leatherworker now.

The miner that went fishing somehow made it back in alive. No fucking clue how he avoided 200 giant zombie mosquitoes. The human caravan should be arriving soon, I expect disaster.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#47 Post by DarnYak »

Dug down and found the magma sea. Somehow missed cavern layer 3.

Human caravan has arrived. Guard killed a zombie elf with one shot. Managed to make it safetly inbetween two swarms of mosquitos. This fort's luck has no possible way of holding out. Damnit, they didn't bring any useful weapons. Oh well, they brought lots of food, which they'll trade it all for one syrup roast. Also got lots of wood, leather, and some cloth.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#48 Post by DarnYak »

Autumn's arrived, new migrants. BUT THERE'S A MYSTERY. A unnamed fishery worker has been found dead, drained of blood. Which is also a crisis if we don't get rid of his corpse fast. Somehow he was killed without witnesses in the child dwarf room. I tried to see how to use the new witnesses/conviction deal, but instead I ended up accusing him of his own murder. Oops.

OH GOD ALL THE DWARVES ARE PISSED NOW. Every single dwarf has "outraged at the bizarre conviction against all reason of the victim of a crime recently" unhappy thought.

Corpse has been disposed of without incident. Slab is being prepared. I do wonder if there's a depth at which undead won't come back to life. No sign of who the vampire might be. I'm preparing a vampire smashing room for when the bastard is found.

Hammel has given birth to a boy! Seasons is the father.

An armorer has been possessed. Crap, I don't have any magma forges up yet. Tried building a normal forge next to him, thankfully he accepted it. And he started construction already, with a gold bar, 3 gems, and a random rock.

GeneralFunk is throwing a tantrum. Better not fucking kill anyone..

ITS DONE
Gold Legs.jpg
Now that's an artifact. Worth 127,200 dwarf bucks. And oh god, it's saying my dwarf civilization is lead by a vampire (although I don't THINK he's in this fort).

A memorial slab has been made for the vampire's victim. It was placed in the children's room where he died, to remind all the children of the inevitable fate that awaits them because their terrible parents decided to come here.

Dwarven caravan inbound. Somehow it avoided the zombies yet again. And wow these assholes want twice the value of the stuff their selling. Not much choice though, only way to get meat here. I just hope one day all the slabs of meat won't suddenly awaken and flop down the halls creating a stink.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#49 Post by DarnYak »

Corner Zombies.jpg
For some reason the merchants took a really long path to get off the map, and ran into the corner that is turning into a giant deathtrap. All the permanant zombies are hanging out over there (ie, stuff that died on the map, as opposed to other zomies which only come and hang out for a time).
AgentFX died.jpg
AgentFX died.jpg (24.61 KiB) Viewed 9097 times
ANOTHER VAMPIRE DEATH. This time, it was AgentFX. He's still listed as "missing", which means nobody saw the kill, nor do they even see the corpse, despite surrounding him. This vampire is batman or something. He's still not listed as dead after ordering his corpse dumped and being carried through the fortress. And like 4 dwarves are upset at "witnessing death". I stopped him from being dumped in hopes it would let witnesses come foward, but so far eveyrone's walking over his body and ignoring it.

AHA! Checked a random dwarf's deity that I suspected. Turns out it wasn't that dwarf, but the diety lists Storamin as being a vampire. TIME FOR A SMASHIN! Crap, trying to get him into the smash room ended up sending all the dwarves in there. I guess it was kind of like a send off party. God now a few dwarves refuse to leave the smash room. Must be bleeding heart liberals that are anti capital punishment for the guy that can't stop killing other people.
Storamin.jpg
Storamin.jpg (3.63 KiB) Viewed 9097 times
It is done.
Storamin Smash.jpg
Storamin Smash.jpg (1.89 KiB) Viewed 9097 times
Rokhan acted as executioner.

Oh hey, the memorial slabs also list who the vampire was. Kinda a giveaway.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#50 Post by DarnYak »

Two random dwarves gave birth to more useless mouths. Too bad we can't make a deal with the vampires for who gets eaten.

The original entrance has been walled off now that another, theoretically safer entrance has been added.

OK THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS.
Wool.jpg
Wool.jpg (5.16 KiB) Viewed 9097 times
I sheared a Llama to make some yarn. It fucking came to life and starts attacking my dwarves. The Llama didn't die or was otherwise injured. Imagine if the dwarves were to shave their beards off. God now the Llama wool is split into like 12 differnt zombies and I'm haivng a hard time throwing them away. Including one "Llama nose wool".

Also, some random dwarf + kibi have given birth to more stupid dwarf babies. And now an unnamed mason. And an unnamed metalsmith. And an unnamed farmer. And coramoor. And an unnamed glassmaker. This was all in a row too. There must have been one hell of a party in the spring.

Diana just ran off to stand in the smasher room inexplicably.

There's Llama blood all over the garbage shoot now. I don't think this will cause the ground itself to come to life but at this rate you never fucking know. I dont even know where the blood came from, it was only the wool.

Dekar has grown attatched to a copper battle axe! Way to grow attached to a really shitty weapon I planned to replace soon. Oh well, at least you hopefully won't loose it this time.

Most of the Llama wool zombie has succesfully been spun into yarn. I had only been throwing away the small parts (ie nose) in hopes of getting something out of it still.

GeneralFunk is unhappy again, this time because he was attacked by the Llama wool. It does say he's happy he started a fistfight recently...i'm not sure with who.

Oh god not more. Unnamed Jeweler gave birth to a girl. Fort of 85 with 13 babies. All just waiting to zombiefied. 14, unnamed bone carver gave birth to a boy. A Llama gave birth too, what the hell were these dwarves doing....