taunting treant oddities

Report bugs.
coramoor2
Regular
Regular

taunting treant oddities

#1 Post by coramoor2 »

not really sure if this is a bug or intended, but its quite odd. the treants are one of the strangest units in the game. i believe they can be healed through mass rejuv, count as mechanical and can be repaired by workers. i'm not sure any of those are intended, as they are quite beefy on their own without added regeneration.

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Re: taunting treant oddities

#2 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

I know this is kinda derailing...But does anyone grab the splinter talent?

I rarely lvl trees past rank 3, so obviously I never do. But I was wondering if they may be worth it. The Iron Bark talent is great though. And to my sheer excitement while playing Treant on a bnet game yesterday (with Kalrithus), I found the eat tree talent got a hellish good buff. Another thing to love about Treant. :P
i believe they can be healed through mass rejuv, count as mechanical and can be repaired by workers.
Ok, that's officially weird.

America!

Lanthis
Resident
Resident
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Lanthis

#3 Post by Lanthis »

If they can be healed by workers, do they also get defensive gen buffs/heals?
I am a parody of myself.

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#4 Post by Kalrithus »

I don't believe so as defensive gens should only work on structures, mechanical units and structures can both be repaired though.

coramoor2
Regular
Regular

#5 Post by coramoor2 »

i get the splinter talent depending on what i'm doing with the tree. if i'm setting up walls, its worthless, if i'm just trying to defend a great many lanes, then its amazing, as it turns a treant into an army distraction with an aoe on the end (and considering the army gathers around it, its the easiest aoe in the game to make sure it hits the maximum number of targets available). sure its not an aoe that kills the army, but after two treants the army is on its last legs, and a third should finish them off.

its only useful though when the treants you are casting are more likely to die then just run out of time. I'm not sure how useful it is even then, as it is non-scaling damage at a high crystal cost, but i tend to be happy with the base tree and not even need to pump his stats much.