EotA World map - Reloaded

Discuss the lore of the EotA world.
Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

EotA World map - Reloaded

#1 Post by Dekar »

Discuss about the World Map for the upcoming EotA MMORPG ( in a store near you Summer 2015 )! :o

We have at least 2 continents:

C1: Stormwail Peak and Maze
C2: Humans and Nightelves devided by the Undeads, Candleburg, Exo

Other stuff:
Kedge the orc invaded a beach.
Gloom containing something and UD + Felorcs fought.
Candleburg was overtaken by the humans from kobolds and later attacked and defeated by undeads.
Felpine Grove: Felpine, the ancient land where Deinnov first corrupted the orcs to turn them to their demonic ways.

Anything missing?
Anything wrong?
Any thoughts you want to share about the EotA world?

Uhm, Discuss, BUT NO SPAM, ESPECIALLY FROM HAM!
Last edited by Dekar on July 2nd, 2007, 8:11 am, edited 6 times in total.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#2 Post by mianmian »

Personally I think Stormwail is the middle, Candle is south? of Storm, its a passage that leads to it,

Kedge may be where the Elves landed after they captured the Artifact?

Gloom, is probably somewhere around Stormwail, since theres still Obelisks, im think south-east or east, since thats where most of the water on Storm is :P

Exo is beside a forest, and theres a Sea between Storm and Exo (btw, whats the name of the place there at in Exo) .

Maze is underneath Stormwail.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#3 Post by Dekar »

Its like
Elves home -> sea -> Stormwail -> artefact -> sea -> home
afaik

Kedge was just a random battle?
Gloom was another possible place for the artefact and could indeed be near stormwail.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by mianmian »

Well, I'm just saying, Kedge's Landing, sounds like where someone landed, maybe where they did, when they came from across the sea.

Gloom is close to Storm, since they both have the same Obelisk network.

AedharinSadai
Visitor
Visitor

#5 Post by AedharinSadai »

mianmian wrote:Gloom is close to Storm, since they both have the same Obelisk network.
gloom dont got obes anymore

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#6 Post by mianmian »

gloom dont got obes anymore
well then :P
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#7 Post by Hammel »

Kedge can as well be a place where the first explorer landed when discovering a new continent ~~. Or where some hero of the Kedge continent got back home (Odysseus return to Ithaka after the oddyssey).

As we talk about gloom, does it have that new system to capture points (mining and stuff)? Or what is so special about now?

-Ham

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#8 Post by mianmian »

Ya, thats what I was thinking Ham, like maybe the lead Elven Explorer was Kedge? or something, or maybe he discovered Moon Tears.

Gloom I have no idea :p
-Lithium flower

AedharinSadai
Visitor
Visitor

#9 Post by AedharinSadai »

kedge: yak once said that a warlord brought and army there with ships if i remember right

gloom: something with gloomites and many workers Oo

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by Hammel »

Thanks, Aed... that was what I was thinking.

-Ham

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#11 Post by DarnYak »

Stormwail and maze are related, but not the same location. The cult thingy that stored the artifact in the mountain had made several expansions, one of which was the place explored in maze.

Random fact: The original plan called for stormwail to be haunted itself, and tons of ghosts would spawn during nighttime. This was thrown out for balance reasons.

DarnYak

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#12 Post by Hammel »

Why not add an Arthas song that spawns the ghost? (Maybe just in the line of sight of allied units). Would be useful at the beginning to get some larger pushes together because you cannot heal/debuff enough to keep many units alive (as long as you are not the High Oracle/Naga).

-Ham

Ocean.dll
Regular
Regular

#13 Post by Ocean.dll »

I seem to remember Yak saying at some point that Kedge was a battle between the orcs and the humans I believe. I also remember him saying Kedge was the orc admiral that landed there. Would be cool if the battle had an actual purpose in the EotA War (or whatever its called) but regardless, its still my second favorite map.

I always thought Gloomreap was where the Undead tried to search for the artifact, but I can't remember if Yak came up with that or if it was out of my own overactive imagination.

Also, for reference purposes, Candleburg was a human city that got owned by the Undead if I recall correctly.
"RAWRR" -closing lines of Big Trouble in Little China

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#14 Post by Hammel »

You are wrong. I think it was kobolds mining for wax there, creating tons of candles (or stuff)... and I think one giant candle is still there, just not in the map due to missing doodads.

I may be wrong about the race and exact backgrounds, but I remember there is a giant candle.

Ohh and yes, it got owned by the UD on their way up (it was the only way to cross some kind of mountains).

-Ham

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#15 Post by DarnYak »

Hammel wrote:You are wrong.
He's right, the kobolds lived there originally, but the humans invaded not so long ago to steal gold or some other precious metal that the kobolds recently found. It also ended up opening a shorter pass through the mountains that was never taken before due to the kobolds. The undead then wanted to use it to go north and fought a battle with thsoe that had tried to halt them there.

He's right on both kedge and gloomreap too. Gloomreap was the undead and fel orcs fighting over a place they thought the artifact was buried but it turned out to be something else. Kedge was a battlefield that doesn't really have an effect in eota's timeline itself, but the orcs in the past (lead by an orc named Kedge, thus its name) landed there and stormed up the cliffs to invade the territories above.

DarnYak

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#16 Post by Hammel »

DarnYak wrote: Kedge was a battlefield that doesn't really have an effect in eota's timeline itself, but the orcs in the past (lead by an orc named Kedge, thus its name) landed there and stormed up the cliffs to invade the territories above.
And they built the towers to defend the coast from invaders from the sea? And the road between the towers so they can move their armies between them? Good explanation for the setup ;).

-Ham

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#17 Post by Dekar »

Hammel wrote:
DarnYak wrote: Kedge was a battlefield that doesn't really have an effect in eota's timeline itself, but the orcs in the past (lead by an orc named Kedge, thus its name) landed there and stormed up the cliffs to invade the territories above.
And they built the towers to defend the coast from invaders from the sea? And the road between the towers so they can move their armies between them? Good explanation for the setup ;).

-Ham

Actually the beach belonged to Nazi Germany and Kedge was supported by the Allis. :idea:

Ion
Communist

#18 Post by Ion »

Then where do these places sit in accordince to their respective nations?

From what I hear, all of these places are expansive areas introduced by nations during their scouring for the artifact. If Kedge was orc-land, then why is it not still? If Candleburg was kobold-owned, was it a nation? Were the humans who invaded it a nation?

And where does Stormwail sit towards the elven empire. Is it in anyones land? No mans land? Or just some random ruin excavated by a bunch of wayward Elves in their desperate hope to find the artifact. I mean, these nations and people must have had a lot of knowledge to were this magical artifact must've been, and it musn't have just been a war on where, but a war on knowledge and who got word of the place first.

Yak should draw up a map on paint.
Ion.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#19 Post by Dekar »

He said he is too busy at the moment but maybe after 1.11.

Ocean.dll
Regular
Regular

#20 Post by Ocean.dll »

Some locations can be figured out logically. The elven lands border the undead lands. Assuming that the undead and humans did not pass through any other nations to get to Candleburg, there would be some sort of frontier land between the two nations where Candleburg sits. I think it is also more likely than not that the humans share a border with the elves. So the map could look something like this:

____Creeps_____
|...........................|
Undead <------> Elves <---(Ocean)---> Stormwail and Maze?
Candleburg?<-->Humans?
.......................|
.......................|
..................Fel Orcs?

Or something like that. And since the undead passed through Candleburg to get to Gloomreap (I think) it is possible that Gloomreap is in human lands. Stormwail is possibly on a different continent, although not neccisarily. Perhaps it was just faster for the elves to reach Stormwail by sea rather than by land. Maybe something like a bay or gulf of some sort. The Creeps supposedly have strong forces to the north of the Elves (again, I think.) and the creeps were in Stormwail in the first place before the elves came. It is entirely possible though that Therivox simply flew to wherever Stormwail is to recruit the creeps there.

This could all be horribly wrong though. I'm just thinking about what makes sense. The humans could be living in some entirely different place. You could also assume that the Fel Orcs are somewhere south of the humans, as they fought in the battle at Gloomreap, but since it is only a speculation that Gloomreap is in human lands, we are speculating based on a speculation at this point. I also want to point out that the Naga live in the sea.

So this leaves out a couple places. It covers everything in Twilight, except Kedge, but we have no idea where the heck that is. The green orcs attacked someone somewhere at some point in time. That leads to another point. Exodus features dwarves and green orcs, whom we know nothing about except that they fought the battle in Exodus. The pandarens might also have a nation of their own, although I always imagined them coming from creep lands.

Yeah, thats my load of garbage if you care to read it. I feel silly now. And kind of a jerk. I don't like it when I start thinking of what EotA is like and I go off on a tangent. I'm afraid I'll make Yak angry. =P
"RAWRR" -closing lines of Big Trouble in Little China

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#21 Post by Hammel »

Let me tear your ideas apart ;).

Undead lang both touches Human land and Elven land. Humans and Elves are allied, so they must share a border, and when a Human kingdom tried to invade the Undead, they got raped and sent back home conquering their own nation Oo.

I suppose the Undead marched North through Candleburg, so Fel Orcs must be in the very north.

Creeps just live everywhere, are the natural inhabitants of the lands. Ohh, and the Elves were first to get to Stormwail, the "real" battle wasn't AoS like, it was more like Exodus with the Elves defending and the Creeps attacking, with only smaller Elven operations outside their base.

If Theri had been around Stormwail Peak during the battle, he had just owned the Elves and taken the Artifact for himself, leaving the world behind, allying with noone.

-Ham

(YAY, 100 posts)
Last edited by Hammel on August 21st, 2006, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#22 Post by mianmian »

in Eota, Dwarves are a evil mercenary race of selllswords. Blackguard and marksmen. A Evil Knight, and a trained assassin, dwarves = evil.

Panderen are also mercenaries in Eota, wich explains them fighting for both sides, since maybe the Elves hired them to help defend in Exo. Same with the dwarves.

Green Orcs? what green orc models are used? Swash, and in Exo, but those could just be more peons affected with the same disease as Swash :p

Humans seem to play a relitively minor roll in all this :p

It looks good Ocean, except Kedge is a beach where the Orcs landed right? so the Orcs probably come from a different continent.

Storm is probably between the Elves and the Creeps, closer to the creeps, because they arrived there around the same time, Creeps a bit before.

Maze is probably near Kedge, due to similar artitecture
-Lithium flower

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#23 Post by mianmian »

Felpine is a pretty huge Forest, probably somewhere between Kedge and Gloom
-Lithium flower

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#24 Post by Hammel »

[quote=mianmian]
Storm is probably between the Elves and the Creeps, closer to the creeps, because they arrived there around the same time, Creeps a bit before.
[/quote]

Didnt the Elves arrive earlier, put up an excavation camp, secured the artifact (while besieged) and ran before the Creeps tore down their base? Just wondering....

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

Re: EotA World map - Reloaded

#25 Post by Soulbourne »

Missed this...well, I'll read through it at some point unless someone wants top summarize it...Hmm...might need more than one piece of paper....And some way to get the map on here when I complete it...
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...