Suggestions

Post suggestions for any part of the Web site.
SeasonsOfLove
Resident
Resident

Suggestions

#1 Post by SeasonsOfLove »

Some suggestions:
  • Set up some usergroups (making them invisible on the GroupCP unless you're in them) for:
    1. Clan members - Seperate ones for East/West/Europe, give them private forums as well (so they can discuss any issues or whatever, should they need to. Trust me, private forums to discuss clan matters are really nice)
    2. Non-Clan members who can beta test (or simply group for people who Yak trusts testing out of all of the forum members) - That way, Yak can actually attach (see 2nd big suggestion) test versions and we can post bugs there, he can announce when he thinks he'll have a test, or anything else major.
    3. Moderators/Admins (assuming you do global ones, of course), just for ease (trust me, the long lists of moderators get annoying at times)
  • Install an attachment mod for phpBB. The attachment mod can be found here: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=74505 Trust me, it's worth being able to use attachments.
  • Try to get in contact with Mod Forge admins people to see if we can manage to retrieve such things as the Change Log. And really, anything else that's major.
That looks like it.

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Sparda963

#2 Post by Sparda963 »

i will work on these suggestions with the time i have this weekend and the coming week. My goal is that this be temporary till a more perminent solution is found, if one cant be found, i will turn this into one.
It's not rape if you yell surprise!

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#3 Post by Hammel »

My posts are major... compared to the post numbers of some other people ;).

Actually, the stuff with clan member and no clan member will get messy since you would have to set it for everyone by hand and well it will take time and work and I wouldnt wanna do it but that is just me writing mile-long sentences to scare people into oblivion and maybe a bit further but I don't care since I will just keep writing and spamming till you get too tired to read this and take all my posts and I will start spamming again and like this it goes on and will never stop until the world goes down which may actually happen pretty soon according to some prophecies and all I wonder is where to find the artefact and whether to join the USA or the muslims to retrieve it and leave the doomed world behind and since I won't find an answer to this question I will just keep on sitting here and stare at... red-eyed yaks outside the window walking on two legs Oo.

Please call my psychotherapist, I see ghosts...

-Ham

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Sparda963

Re: Suggestions

#4 Post by Sparda963 »

SeasonsOfLove wrote:Some suggestions:
  • Set up some usergroups (making them invisible on the GroupCP unless you're in them) for:
    1. Clan members - Seperate ones for East/West/Europe, give them private forums as well (so they can discuss any issues or whatever, should they need to. Trust me, private forums to discuss clan matters are really nice)
This would require a rather large amount of work and configuration as i would have to create the 3 different groups, and manually add each person into their respective groups. It dosent sound hard, but its quite a messy situation in reality. If i had the time i would prolly do this, but unfortunitly with college starting in a week, my time is running out fast.
[*]Non-Clan members who can beta test (or simply group for people who Yak trusts testing out of all of the forum members) - That way, Yak can actually attach (see 2nd big suggestion) test versions and we can post bugs there, he can announce when he thinks he'll have a test, or anything else major.
I suggest that the test maps be restricted to dl's in wc3 from yak. This way there is no issue with people spoofing or hacking a name and getting into the restricted area to dl test maps.
[*]Moderators/Admins (assuming you do global ones, of course), just for ease (trust me, the long lists of moderators get annoying at times)[/list]
The only admins will be me, and yak. Maybe one more but that is yak's decision.
[*]Install an attachment mod for phpBB. The attachment mod can be found here: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=74505 Trust me, it's worth being able to use attachments.
I will get to work on this one prolly monday or tuesday, looks like a pretty big project, so i need to set aside some time for it.
[*]Try to get in contact with Mod Forge admins people to see if we can manage to retrieve such things as the Change Log. And really, anything else that's major.[/list]
I will do what i can, but my only contact with modforge is shadow wolf and he isnt around much, and even he is having problems getting in touch with those people as of late.
That looks like it.
It's not rape if you yell surprise!

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#5 Post by Hammel »

You speak out of my heart (as a german would say), Sparda, with not going for different access-levels for users.

Btw: I suggest adding custom user titles ~~ (Wait, didnt I post this once before already? Well, w/e).

-Ham

EDIT (Why dont people post? ~~): I also suggest checking grammar and spelling like in the sub-title for Sparda's corner "realted"... or "Orc HerOS" (e missing from what I know).

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#6 Post by Tehw00tz »

Hammel wrote:You speak out of my heart (as a german would say), Sparda, with not going for different access-levels for users.
Yes because then poor tehw00tz would be at the bottom. :cry:
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP