Web Page Changes

Post suggestions for any part of the Web site.

How is the current site?

I like it, leave it as it is, just fill in the missing info
25%
Change it for the love of god
75%

Total votes: 8

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Sparda963

Web Page Changes

#1 Post by Sparda963 »

Ok guys, I am going to remake the web page in the next month or so. My goal is to make it something that is actually useful, and not the clusterfuck of a bordem project it is right now.

I need suggestions from everyone on what the site should have and what it should look like.

Now the current site is pretty simple in its layout and design, and it uses frames. The new site which never came to be is a somewhat more complicated layout that doesn't use any frames. Which layout do you guys think is better? You can view the new layout by clicking the New EotA Site link on the web page.

My next big change is going to be the hero pages. Which would you prefer to see. The current user guide layout for the heros, or would you prefer a page for each hero that has their stats, what they gain each lvl, and their skills base dmg at their various lvls? Now with some additions to the web page I belive I can add in a Wiki moduel to allow people to upload their own strategy guides. This will take some time though.

Would you guys prefer a color scheme that mirrors the forums or would you prefer a different color scheme?

I am going to post seperate threads with polls for each of these subjects but feel free to post general suggestions and what not in this thread, and more specific info on the threads it may pertain to.
It's not rape if you yell surprise!

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#2 Post by Discombobulator »

Use ModX + MediaWiki, or just ModX, you can easily set some content to be user-editable. It's easily bridged with forum software, so you'd have ony one user database.
I'm this forum's MVP.

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Sparda963

#3 Post by Sparda963 »

I will check those programs out in the coming weeks to see if they can do what i want them to. Thanks for the suggestions Disco.
It's not rape if you yell surprise!

SeasonsOfLove
Resident
Resident

#4 Post by SeasonsOfLove »

If you use MediaWiki, you're going to need to lock membership, and allow a few certain people to make accounts for people. MediaWiki is quite prone to spambots and the like, and if you make it editable by all and allow registration to all, you'll get a lot of time.