Update the Main Page, Please.

Post suggestions for any part of the Web site.
Bartimaeus
Wanderer
Wanderer
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Whynn

Update the Main Page, Please.

#1 Post by Bartimaeus »

http://eota.emufarmers.com/download.html

Still is showing 1.12b. Just thought I might mention it, because when a person named 321-Go hosted 1.12c today, I checked there, and it was 1.12b still, so I thought it was a cheated map.
'

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Re: Update the Main Page, Please.

#2 Post by DarkNemesis »

Bartimaeus wrote:http://eota.emufarmers.com/download.html

Still is showing 1.12b. Just thought I might mention it, because when a person named 321-Go hosted 1.12c today, I checked there, and it was 1.12b still, so I thought it was a cheated map.
It says 1.12c on my computer. I'd would try downloading it again.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Bartimaeus
Wanderer
Wanderer

#3 Post by Bartimaeus »

Weird. It still shows 1.12b.

http://eota.emufarmers.com/download.html

When I click on the download link, it gives me this: http://eota.emufarmers.com/Download/Eot ... _1_12b.w3x
'

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#4 Post by DarkNemesis »

Oh, I think I might know whats going on. Go to Lord Yak's announcements and download it there. You'll notice under the place you went it said: 1.12b, that's because it is and they haven't implemented the newest version yet, I think.

That's only only sensible reason I can think of. Hope this helped.

Yeah, I checked it Bartimaeus. Your going to the actual download page, try Yaks Announcements, that's were I got it. Don't see why it shouldn't work for you. You really do need this version. Bane is actually worth playing now!
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Except that that doesn't forgive the fact that the latest version is not online, but is rather hidden away somewhere.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#6 Post by Perhaps »

Which brings me into question about the version changes... Shouldn't the new heroes in the 1.12c version changes just simply show, "Added Glacial Tyrant, Added Putrid <whatever> added"? I don't see how you can have bug fixes for heroes that didn't exist before.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#7 Post by DarkNemesis »

CryptLord1234 wrote:Except that that doesn't forgive the fact that the latest version is not online, but is rather hidden away somewhere.
Titled under Yak's announcements is not hidden away. Yes, it should be in the official downloading page, but it isn't, as long people are able to download it, that's what important here.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#8 Post by jamn455 »

It is not anyone's fault. The whole one or two people that visit the main site for the map could just click the forums button to see about the map. I realize that it should be there, but emufarmers deals with it, and I am not sure how much he really looks at it, nor do I think he should for one or two people that wander to the main website.

If that is too hard, just message me in Clan EotA and either I, or someone else will be glad to help you out if you want the map, hell you might get lucky enough to find someone in the channel that wants to play a game and will host it for you.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#9 Post by DarkNemesis »

jamn455 wrote:It is not anyone's fault. The whole one or two people that visit the main site for the map could just click the forums button to see about the map. I realize that it should be there, but emufarmers deals with it, and I am not sure how much he really looks at it, nor do I think he should for one or two people that wander to the main website.

If that is too hard, just message me in Clan EotA and either I, or someone else will be glad to help you out if you want the map, hell you might get lucky enough to find someone in the channel that wants to play a game and will host it for you.
What I think is funny is that he actually found a hosted EotA game in B.net. I haven't played too many B.net EotA's, and anyone who finds one is obviously lucky. Its a shame, I know, especially considering how many DotA's are out there. I don't have a problem with DotA, actually, there alot of fun. But the guys on there get WWWWWAAAAAAAYYYYY too greedy when it comes to farming, that's all they care about is damn gold. Plus, there is not near as much team skill involved due to most of he heroes lacking suitable heals and or buffs.

Bartimaeus
Wanderer
Wanderer

#10 Post by Bartimaeus »

Okay, guys, really, I just wanted somebody to update the main page, that's all.

I already found the real download in the announcements, but I was just saying to update it, because that's where I went when I joined a 1.12c game yesterday, to make sure it wasn't a cheated one, and since the main page wasn't updated, well, I didn't exactly trust the guy, nevermind he was using a spoofer, (321-go, the three, two, one were in exponential form, which, as far as I know, is impossible, because they're alt-characters).

Anyways, so I just checked the JASS file instead, and it didn't appear to be cheated, so I just hosted it myself.
'

Leek
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Leek

#11 Post by Leek »

It wasn't a spoofer as far as I know. He was using LC which lets you host LAN games on BNet, you can use alt characters in LANs I believe.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#12 Post by DarkNemesis »

Bartimaeus wrote:Okay, guys, really, I just wanted somebody to update the main page, that's all.

I already found the real download in the announcements, but I was just saying to update it, because that's where I went when I joined a 1.12c game yesterday, to make sure it wasn't a cheated one, and since the main page wasn't updated, well, I didn't exactly trust the guy, nevermind he was using a spoofer, (321-go, the three, two, one were in exponential form, which, as far as I know, is impossible, because they're alt-characters).

Anyways, so I just checked the JASS file instead, and it didn't appear to be cheated, so I just hosted it myself.
So you got the newest version, right?

1.12c

Bartimaeus
Wanderer
Wanderer

#13 Post by Bartimaeus »

Yes, I did. Is there a change log, or something? I always like to know what's different.
'

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#14 Post by Dekar »

Try the wiki link at the top right.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#15 Post by DarkNemesis »

Bartimaeus wrote:Yes, I did. Is there a change log, or something? I always like to know what's different.
Actually, Yak has a link right next to the newest version announcing what changes occurred. Nothing to major. 1.12b was much bigger, as you can probably assume.

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Sparda963

#16 Post by Sparda963 »

Bleh, i was going to post something saying the link on the homepage should point to a current version thread that yak does, but that would be stupid, so back to my bottle of jager :D
It's not rape if you yell surprise!

Emufarmers
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Emufarmers

#17 Post by Emufarmers »

Feel free to PM me in the future if something's not updated.