I have no idea what to name this.

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

I have no idea what to name this.

#1 Post by Tehw00tz »

Since Yak told me to post my ideas here, here we go.

I didn't write a back story.

I was thinking of maybe a black water elemental, Yak said he may have a custom model. I really don't know what attribute he would be, so lets say intelligence. I'm going to leave the multipliers to Yak, since he never keeps any of the ones given anyway.

innate: Corruption

The corrupted water elemental lets his evil seep into a tree thus causing it to become part of himself. The tree gives (either Wark Datre or his whole team) __ range sight with true sight and a __% slowing aura. It may give him slight HP/Mana regen if he stands in like __ range
This spell is stackable up to __% slowing and __ range, but during any upgrade the tree could resist the corruption and (do some crazy shit) explode for __ damage.

skill 1: Evaporation Exclamation

Wark Datre seeps into the ground around him (turning it into blight. Or not, just a neat visual effect.) and slowly charges up to attack(spell damage) __ random units standing in the blight.

skill 2: Absorption

Target one enemy creep and automatically kill it at melee range. Creep must be below __ HP and causes nearby units to run away. Does not do shit to heroes. Immediately after having absorbed an enemy unit Wark takes __ damage and replicates a smaller, less powerful version of himself. Not a summon

skill 3: Evil Evaporation

Wark releases a part of himself into the sky, causing it to come down as frozen blades of rain. Targets one hero and does __ damage per second to that hero for __ seconds. The hero is slightly slowed while being targeted. Wark takes __ damage to cast this spell

skill 4: The waters of undeath

Causes the hero to spin around healing friendly units. lasts for __ seconds and if Wark is not stopped in his channeling he dispels any effects in the healing radius, pushes away enemy units within __ range. Does not heal Wark

Ultimate: Tidal Thunder

If used when an enemy hero is below __ life Wark turns himself into a gigantic wave and rushes over land, buildings, and units to seek and destroy. Damages only enemy units. Lasts __ seconds. Any enemy unit hit by the wave is damaged and stunned. Once it reaches the enemy hero that originally was targeted the hero is thrown forward and takes damage for every tree/building/unit that it hits.

I don't really know if giving this hero mana or not would work out, considering that most of his spells take away health. Personally I see his spells taking minimal mana but still taking away HP
Last edited by Tehw00tz on February 9th, 2009, 5:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Re: Wark Datre

#2 Post by DarkNemesis »

Hmm, overall, I REALLY like the concept, nodds to you Tehwootz.

Some of your ideas/spells are vaguely similar to some of the heroes known to Dota (i.e. Enigma? and Water Elemental?). This isn't a bad thing, in fact, I rather like it, gives Eota a new twist, since most of the spell in this game are pretty...unique. This doesn't mean we should steal from them, but you've managed to retain enough originally to shed that thought.

I like the "dark" water elemental model idea, very cool. The name is strange, though, not terribly fond of it, but that doesn't matter.

The only thing I would suggest is telling us what faction this guy belongs to. He sounds sorta....evil, undead?

P.S. Had an idea, how about making him have an ability that reduces damage and/or gives evasion? kinda like Armored Carapace, since the guy is made of water, it would seem appropriate. Just a thought.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#3 Post by Tehw00tz »

The name is just the letters in "Dark Water" rearranged.

I really wasn't looking to rip DotA's heroes, I was more concerned with it coming off of a rip from ToB's blood guy.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#4 Post by DarkNemesis »

Tehw00tz wrote:The name is just the letters in "Dark Water" rearranged.

I really wasn't looking to rip DotA's heroes, I was more concerned with it coming off of a rip from ToB's blood guy.
Well, if your going to "rip" something, might as well do it from Dota. Although I still you've got enough originality here.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#5 Post by Tehw00tz »

I edited most of the moves.
P.S. Had an idea, how about making him have an ability that reduces damage and/or gives evasion? kinda like Armored Carapace, since the guy is made of water, it would seem appropriate. Just a thought.
Or you could just buy Leather Armor. Just a thought.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#6 Post by jamn455 »

DarkNemesis wrote:P.S. Had an idea, how about making him have an ability that reduces damage and/or gives evasion? kinda like Armored Carapace, since the guy is made of water, it would seem appropriate. Just a thought.
How does him being made of water give him any more of a chance to evade than any other hero? Gravel is a rock, yet he doesn't gain 50 base armor. Elder Treant doesn't automatically have the ability to blend into trees(He might if they grew back). The Dryad doesn't give birth to fawns even though she is half deer. Just because Aeromancess and Arcane Archer are defenseless women doesn't mean they get date-raped every day. If he touched Emberwraith, would he just steam up and evaporate? This is a world of magic, don't you think that they have weapons that can hit water a great deal of the time?

P.S. What happens if they put him in a cup? He can't evade shit then.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#7 Post by DarkNemesis »

Tehw00tz wrote:I edited most of the moves.
Or you could just buy Leather Armor. Just a thought.
Or you can just give every hero in the game 0 armor because they can just buy it. Just a thought.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

Re: I have no idea what to name this.

#8 Post by Tehw00tz »

Now that just makes zero sense. Why would I give a hero a skill, when I have all his skills laid out, not to mention the skill you thought of is unoriginal and is just an item.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#9 Post by DarkNemesis »

Tehw00tz wrote:Now that just makes zero sense. Why would I give a hero a skill, when I have all his skills laid out, not to mention the skill you thought of is unoriginal and is just an item.
IT WAS JUST A THOUGHT.

Also, it was suppose to be an innate, therefore, not necessarily brilliant in its context or use.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by DarnYak »

This is acutally one of the most likely heroes to get into EotA, if it gets some more work.

And expect it to use the green sludge model. No idea if it'd be a creep or undead though.

DarnYak

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#11 Post by Reaper »

are you looking for ideas for more heroes in general or just the evil water thing?
[Reaper]

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#12 Post by Tehw00tz »

I'm fairly sure he was referring to my hero, feel free to give suggestions as I'm out of ideas.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#13 Post by DarkNemesis »

Reaper wrote:are you looking for ideas for more heroes in general or just the evil water thing?
Umm, both??? :roll: