Carsab Magicweaver--Magician

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Carsab Magicweaver--Magician

#1 Post by DarkNemesis »

So I had a concept for a rather...unique, hero. Thought I'd post it and get some feedback/thoughts/suggestions.

Stat Growth
Intelligence 22 + 2.55
Strength 20 + 2.30
Agility 16 + 1.30

Or something close to this setup.

Attack (Ranged/200): 47-52
Mana: 420
Armor: 13

Faction: Elves
Model: I was thinking human priest.

Carsab Magicweaver
Magician

Synopsis

Carsab combines hard-hitting nukes as well as good strength and armor growth, allowing him to take some damage as well as dealing it. Think of him as Xeldarith, Nephillium, and the Scarab all rolled into one. His strong Hit Points, abundant heavy damage spells and support auras make him versatile. Players use to heals may find him tricky or downright annoying, as he lacks any reliable one.
Carsab his the ability to shift into three various specs. They include: Arcane, Battle, and Fire. Unlike the Nephillium, Carsab cannot quickly switch from spec to spec. A desirable form must be previously chosen and then kept throughout the game.

Specs
Battle--primarily for a support/defensive build.
Arcane--heavy damage dealing.
Fire--an array of different spells, ranging from defense to AoE damage.

Innate)
Implanted Power
Gives the hero and friendly units a 25% boost in armor. AoE effect, non dispellible.

Battle)

Strengthened Resolve
Gives friendly units a boost in HP and Regen. AoE, Innate effect.

Cleansing Word
Cleanses a target friendly hero, removing negative buffs and effects. While active, also gives large Mana Regen to friendly heroes.

Nether Strike
Creates a dark cloud in front of the hero, turning him invisible for a short time (7-11 seconds). Any attack done will negate the spell and deal minimum damage. If an enemy hero is under 50% health when attacked, there is chance to be stunned for a short time. Chance increases with each level.

Static Blast
Creates a barrier of energy around the hero, granting him 10 additional Strength and Armor. Also deals small AoE damage to enemy units and heroes and give a 15%, if attacked, to deal 100 damage in a wave in front of the hero. Percent increase by 7% per spell level. Spell damage increases by 10 per hero level.

(U)Overpower
Reigns down a meteor, reducing buildings armor and attack damage and giving it to attacking units.

Fire)

Fireball--Jump
shoots fireball, dealing STR-based evocation damage. After impact, it continues to burn, dealing small initial Dot damage for X seconds. Damage and further Dot damage increase per level.

Ignite
Wreathes Carsab in a corona of flame, granting him spell dmg reduction, additional armor and HP Regen. Also gives Fireball the ability to jump to nearby targets, inflicting them with the Dot damage. Any units around Carsab are also dealt 15 damage per second (immolation?). HP Regen, Evo reduct, Armor, and Dot damage increase per level.

Burning Sacrifice

Ignites a target friendly unit, dealing X dmg per second unit. While inflamed, units around the inflicted target are granted a boost in attack speed and attack. Lasts until unit dies. If killed prematurely, the effect will double.

Burning Fire
Summons a Phoenix to explode upon enemy units, dealing high AoE INT damage. If slain over friendly units, the phoenix with heal for half the total dmg dealt.

(U) Legions of Hell
Summons 6 demons to fight for Carsab. Demons gain abilities such as immolation, demon spawn, healing fire, and spell immunity with each level, they also gain additional HP, armor, and attack.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

Re: Carsab Magicweaver--Magician

#2 Post by DarkNemesis »

added a fire spec, check it out.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#3 Post by CryptLord1234 »

So how do these specs work? Are they talent points, or does he randomly jump between specs, or what? If you can choose, I suggest you scale back the skills a little: Jack of all trades, master of none.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#4 Post by DarkNemesis »

No, no. He has three different Specs. Obviously for different game situations or player expectations. He like any other hero, except he has three options rather than one. Say your playing Bane, for instance, when you get in, you've got ONE choice on terms of abilities. Those include: Caustic Breath, Encouragement, Acid Sheath, Charge, Dragon Fear??, and Acid Rain. With Carsab, you've got Three, so you pick with Spec you want to play, then, like everybody else (excludes Nephillium) must be stuck with those four abilities that accommodate the spec. I've thought of maybe being able to switch, something close to, but not the same, as Nephiliums switching ability, but I haven't decided what to do yet.

Overall, I'd say Carsab is a master of none, but if your referring to individual specs rather than overall, then I could look into that. My original intent was to provide each spec with a single, main strength: i.e. Support, Tanking, Damage, so on and so forth, but you've brought up an interesting suggestion. One I'll consider heavily. Thanks for the input.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#5 Post by Dekar »

Ooooor you just make 3 different heroes out of him!

The skill descriptions are partly unprecise and need improvement. (e.g. he sets his own unit on fire -> creates aura until the unit dies -> if the unit dies prematurly the effect is twice as strong but instantly removed because the unit is dead :lol: )

And iirc we had this whole hero with multiple skillsets discussion before and it turned out to be bad.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#6 Post by Tehw00tz »

Dekar wrote:Ooooor you just make 3 different heroes out of him!

The skill descriptions are partly unprecise and need improvement. (e.g. he sets his own unit on fire -> creates aura until the unit dies -> if the unit dies prematurly the effect is twice as strong but instantly removed because the unit is dead :lol: )

And iirc we had this whole hero with multiple skillsets discussion before and it turned out to be bad.
It works for Nephilim

Kinda
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP