Preset hero builds

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Perhaps
Retired
Retired

Preset hero builds

#1 Post by Perhaps »

When selecting a hero you can choose "manual" or a preset. If you choose a preset your skills will be distributed for you, you'll automatically get crystals upgraded and items will be suggested.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Re: Preset hero builds

#2 Post by Tehw00tz »

So lazy you can't click icons mode.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#3 Post by Perhaps »

Is that even a valid argument against it? Do amuse me with "yes," and I shall gladly provide a counter argument.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#4 Post by Tehw00tz »

Do go on.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#5 Post by Perhaps »

What I figured would be the obvious, it would make it easier for newer players who don't know the "builds".

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#6 Post by Tehw00tz »

I doubt anyone would use it, "I want to do what I want to, like building an obelisk tower, now that is stupid. This game is dumb and there's too many features and not enough items. Lets go play DotA."
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#7 Post by Soulbourne »

Counter idea: List some more basic builds in the game info, with one note at the beginning mentioning it.
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#8 Post by Dekar »

Display a text that tells them to invest their skill points into 2 skills and not to spread them over all. Even if they blindly pick their skills they will just have different srengths than the "mainbuilds" and wont really be totaly gimped.

Ofc in some rare cases it will end up with something like dispel + empower, but seriously, a little bit thinking is allowed.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Post by DarnYak »

Dekar wrote:Ofc in some rare cases it will end up with something like dispel + empower, but seriously, a little bit thinking is allowed.
I tried that once. Didn't go so well.

DarnYak

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by Kibiyama »

I don't see any point in making the game play itself. If there's only one way to play a hero, then the hero should be re-designed, otherwise let them figure out how they want to play it.
98% of all people think Perhaps is a faggot. If you are in this 98%, put this in your sig.
Tehw00tz wrote:I miss my headset. This headset only covers two of my ears.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#11 Post by Perhaps »

This in itself is a display of plausibility of the concept.

For some reason, my words get twisted by jump to the gun accusations. I don't really remembering saying "one preset per hero," but whatever. Yes, yes, 'a' does indicate a quantity of one, however in this context it can be taken as "one out of something". It's intended to be ambiguous simply because some heroes could have one preset while others have multiple.

Something I must point out, is the points "it doesn't make a difference," and "the person is no longer playing," contradict each other. In any case I find both points flawed.

Arguing the first statement. Your build can be 2 points into A, 3 points into B, 1 point into C, and 1 point into D. However, there's generally a most efficient path to achieve said build. Like if you're Ice Spinner and you decide to focus Lance and Spire, well naturally you're going to want to go in the order of spire -> lance so that you can get the AoE to get the more experience to get the skills faster.

Arguing the second statement, I don't remember skill distribution being the only part of the game. I guess placing obelisks, building spawn towers, targeting miners, deciding (if) when and what tavern hero to buy, mercenary purchasing, lane changing, and most specifically skill usage must be just a very minor aspect of the game then.

Now in my favor saying it does neither, is that it makes a difference, but it won't take out the game play that it's like playing Bot Battle.

If you want an argument that's possibly valid, try "it won't have enough impact for the amount of effort." Even though that can't be proven unless done, I can't really argue it because it can't be argued either way.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#12 Post by Tehw00tz »

I'll give it to you that you're good at debating your ideas, but your ideas are terrible.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#13 Post by Kibiyama »

In theory, players should be highly reactive to the current situation and change their strategy accordingly.

In practice, it's just a race to see who can finish their OMGWTFPWN strategy first.

Presets help the latter, but destroy the former.
98% of all people think Perhaps is a faggot. If you are in this 98%, put this in your sig.
Tehw00tz wrote:I miss my headset. This headset only covers two of my ears.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#14 Post by Soulbourne »

Hmm...My memory is slipping me...how often does Darnyak comment in ideas such as this on one side or another...

^^Notice I said on one side or another, if you reply saying he comments, you have sealed yourself as being a troll with no experience who jumps at every scrap without realizing that there is something bigger attached...or just someone with one of several conditions that make it impossible to link words...but I have yet to see anyone with the sentence structure of such. Just saying.
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...