modes

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Furion
Resident
Resident

modes

#1 Post by Furion »

According to shadowplays post, i would suggest two modes:

-The first one should disable the repair funktion, should maybe come along with a slight regeneration for the towers. This mechanic would shorten games by a significant amount.

-The second would make spawn towers unavailable, what would take away much of the importance of spawns since they will be limited to the usual meele archer caster combo. This would keep the game easier controllable, since you wont have to deal with spawn placement and counters.

Thogether these could be an easy mode, which could hold more of an appeal for unexperienced players.
Let our last stand burn a memory so bright it will be remembered FOREVER!

-Artanis

Laser_Wolf
Regular
Regular
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

Re: modes

#2 Post by Laser_Wolf »

Even easier than that is to disable being able to purchase workers.

I think this would really even the playing field for new players and make them feel less overwhelmed. Hopefully it would help increase the player base. Also, if you make it a game option then you're not even forced to choose to play that way.
I go by the name of Lazar_Wolf.
I am not a tailor.

Raxxor
Visitor
Visitor
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dotaprogamer2

#3 Post by Raxxor »

That would need to come along with buyable tiny obelisk towers.

Laser_Wolf
Regular
Regular
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#4 Post by Laser_Wolf »

If spawn towers were removed there wouldn't be much need for ob. control towers (except for generators and maybe the artifact if you want to keep that too.) Making the game simpler and easier to play. Of course one could just argue 'Why not just play Candleburg? There are no obs there.
I go by the name of Lazar_Wolf.
I am not a tailor.

Meckross
Regular
Regular
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Meckross on all realms

#5 Post by Meckross »

If you want a match without obs ? play gloom. Plain and simple. No obs there ... cores get massed automaticly no real need to intervene.

Glooms the best map to "train" newbies.
This post contains graphic scenes of extreme violence and explicit language. Due to its adult nature I ask that anyone under the age of 18 please cancel the reading process immediatly !

Furion
Resident
Resident

#6 Post by Furion »

The main reason i suggested this is the time factor, because beeing able to repair towers makes games much longer.

Lessening the confusion for new players comes as a bonus.
Let our last stand burn a memory so bright it will be remembered FOREVER!

-Artanis

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by DarnYak »

Disabling tower reparing is an idea i've been debating on putting into candle for a long time. I'm honsetly not sure how to do it though. Although I'm probably able to disable workers in general on that map without screwing much up.

Modes in general i've always been unsure of how to approach. Usually the idea is met with great hatred by the playerbase, although i shouldnt' be letting them guide game balance and features ;P And it risks fragmenting an already small playerbase due to people who may/will refuse to play a spefic mode. And can come to require seperate balance between the modes (ie, tower destruction spells I can easily see being overpowered if tower repairs are disabled)

DarnYak

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#8 Post by Perhaps »

You can steal what I had on my Starcraft map (100+ series of Battlcraft Paradigm), which was I made to cut down the obvious disadvantages to defense. I jumped between names for it, "Attack Mode (on/off), Front Spawn(on/off), Toggle Spawn Point," which allowed you to change your spawn location to be ahead. Toggle Spawn Point is current "unconditional," because having it conditional didn't fly with the play style of the map. For Candleburg you could use this, but have conditions, that like blah amount of units are at point blah. Also, make it so it's automatically switched to a spawn point ahead when conditions are met.