Level standard change

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Perhaps
Retired
Retired

Level standard change

#1 Post by Perhaps »

Since levels now effect (6+), I think there should be a broader base to gain experience for players. By this I mean, make 3on3 ranked.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

Re: Level standard change

#2 Post by jamn455 »

Why should you put down what people have worked hard for when some people are just to lazy to wait for 5 minutes and get a 5v5 or a 4v4 match? I know honestly that the games fill up in a few minutes since I played 3 at 1 am the other night.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#3 Post by Soulbourne »

Yes, there are times that you get filled quick. It depends on timing, luck, and most of all, the title I say. Other times, 3 hours for a total of 4 people.
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#4 Post by jamn455 »

I am sorry that most people were like, "Well the rewards aren't good enough for me to save my code" back in 1.11 and now that there is something to gain from them you want a change to be made. These people need to stop bitching and play the game.
Line 'em up.
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#5 Post by Reaper »

Yeah I think it's fine as is. It's always been 4v4 and we all should have enough experience to be level 6 anyways.
[Reaper]

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#6 Post by Perhaps »

jamn455 wrote:Why should you put down what people have worked hard for when some people are just to lazy to wait for 5 minutes and get a 5v5 or a 4v4 match? I know honestly that the games fill up in a few minutes since I played 3 at 1 am the other night.
Work hard? If a player didn't spend as much time as you getting it, and you lose. That's YOUR problem. Advantages should be from YOUR OWN ABILITY, not for merely spending time. If you don't think so, then go else where, like go duel on Diablo II.
jamn455 wrote:I am sorry that most people were like, "Well the rewards aren't good enough for me to save my code" back in 1.11 and now that there is something to gain from them you want a change to be made. These people need to stop bitching and play the game.
I wasn't one of those people who want a reward for comparing thier cock size like some fag bin resident. This is no different then saying that stickers should be in Brawl's online play, "I worked hard for my stickers, nyerrr nyerrrr *sniffle*" Can you tell me why a broken gimic to grab the attention of 6 year olds should be catered to?
Reaper wrote:...we all should have enough experience to be level 6 anyways.
So... Making the community even more exclusive than it already is.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#7 Post by jamn455 »

Perhaps wrote:Why should you put down what people have worked hard for when some people are just to lazy to wait for 5 minutes and get a 5v5 or a 4v4 match? I know honestly that the games fill up in a few minutes since I played 3 at 1 am the other night.
Work hard? If a player didn't spend as much time as you getting it, and you lose. That's YOUR problem. Advantages should be from YOUR OWN ABILITY, not for merely spending time. If you don't think so, then go else where, like go duel on Diablo II.[/quote]

Well first of all, advantages should be earned(and its not like they are advantages that change the game). If you do not feel you need to spend the time to earn those privileges then you do not need to have them.
Perhaps wrote:I am sorry that most people were like, "Well the rewards aren't good enough for me to save my code" back in 1.11 and now that there is something to gain from them you want a change to be made. These people need to stop bitching and play the game.
I wasn't one of those people who want a reward for comparing thier cock size like some fag bin resident. This is no different then saying that stickers should be in Brawl's online play, "I worked hard for my stickers, nyerrr nyerrrr *sniffle*" Can you tell me why a broken gimic to grab the attention of 6 year olds should be catered to?[/quote

What you do not realize is that the people with high ranks and high levels with their codes do not brag about how many games they have and how much experience they have. Just because you see it as something that would make some peoples ego go through the roof does not mean that it works like that for everybody.
Reaper wrote:...we all should have enough experience to be level 6 anyways.
Perhaps wrote:So... Making the community even more exclusive than it already is.
Reaper is correct here, if you have played hour long EotA games and not thought that it was necessary to take 5 seconds to whisper the bot your code, then you do not deserve to get the privileges that takes no effort at all to get.
Line 'em up.

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Tehw00tz

#8 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

And for extra pro matches 1v1 should be ranked too!!!!
Backwards E's are badass

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#9 Post by Perhaps »

Okay, you should be rewarded when you play a lot, REWARDED WITH EXPERIENCE, and it's YOUR OWN FAULT if you don't get as much experience than someone who has played less than you. Furthermore if you lose to someone on equal grounds who has less play time, YOU DESERVE TO LOSE. I could go on about calling people lazy too. I can call you lazy for avoiding playing on an equal grounds with your own ability as the only advantage. Furthermore, your reward for waiting for 4on4 or 5on5 is the experience that allows you to deal with those size of games better. Again, if someone who's played only 3on3 beats you one your own turf on equal grounds, once again YOU DESERVE TO LOSE. I should also mention a few situations where I had jerk offs on my team COMPLAINING that I'm ending the game faster than they lie, which means they're milking the goddamn game, but hey, that's part of the "earning" har har har. This same person also was expressing graditude towards the other team's incompitence that they don't know how to dispel them, IN TEAM CHAT, so it wasn't a hint to the other team. When -temper <slot> becomes available to everyone, or it has a reasonable fee for using it, then I'll let up on the levels. These are just more newb bashing features and you know it. I have seen how all of you deal with other players not knowing what they're doing. The ONLY player I've seen tell the other team about and how to place/utilize obelisks is Strychnyne.

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

I've seen an uncountable amount of people explain how obelisks are placed, maybe you should try to play with better people.
Backwards E's are badass

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#11 Post by Perhaps »

So with what I've said, and what you just now said, you're implying that that Clan EotA is miserable in ability.

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict

#12 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

I really stopped reading your posts a long time ago and just read the last line.
Saves so much time.
Backwards E's are badass

Meckross
Regular
Regular
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Meckross on all realms

#13 Post by Meckross »

Yay another flamewar.

My 2 cents:
Leave everything as it is. You need around 40 games to reach lvl 6. Thats not much if you actually save.
Now that the codes are more then a "notutorials" command you instantly start whining.

NEVER touch a running system.
This post contains graphic scenes of extreme violence and explicit language. Due to its adult nature I ask that anyone under the age of 18 please cancel the reading process immediatly !

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Battle.net name: Dekar

#14 Post by Dekar »

jamn455 wrote: What you do not realize is that the people with high ranks and high levels with their codes do not brag about how many games they have and how much experience they have. Just because you see it as something that would make some peoples ego go through the roof does not mean that it works like that for everybody.
jamn455 wrote:THE FIRST LEVEL 20 AND THE BEST LEVEL 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!(FUCKING POOL).
:lol:

Rank system sucks ( selective saving, I have no need to compare myself to others), encourages pubsmashing for some people and I will propably never start saving. Not having to care about your score makes games more fun anyway.
And if rewards are getting even more game influencing ( Scroll and allies building towers is ok, temper not ) I will rather quit EotA than starting to save.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Reaper
Retired
Retired

#15 Post by Reaper »

Personally I have explained to hunderds of noob players multiple aspects of the game, including obelisks, tower cores, etc. 80% of them don't give a shit or don't want to be told how to play, even though EotA is primarily a team game.

Yes the rank system might be flawed (selective saving), but 40 games is not a lot. I've beaten many good teams without -temper before 1.12, it's only an advantage when there is gold to spend anyways. Most of the time my money is spent on defense, not upgrading items. It's mostly useful when my team has some inexperienced players, so that I can defend the bases without ever needing to go back to main.

It's not that much of an advantage, if anything it might increase the player base by encouraging them to get it.

And most of the people I've seen who know how to play are pretty willing to explain the game. I've only ever been a dick to people that were one to me first.
[Reaper]

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#16 Post by DarnYak »

Dekar wrote:Rank system sucks ( selective saving, I have no need to compare myself to others), encourages pubsmashing for some people and I will propably never start saving. Not having to care about your score makes games more fun anyway.
And if rewards are getting even more game influencing ( Scroll and allies building towers is ok, temper not ) I will rather quit EotA than starting to save.
Rewards are there primarily to encouage non-selective saving, becuase exp from skipped games adds up really fast, as exp increases per game. Standing itself does nothing, nor will ever untill the entire rank system is revised, its only there becuase the data is there, and the data is only there because the bot was made to be helpful instead of writing down all the code crap. So you're reasons for not saving are practicly the opposite of the reasons of the system existing.

I do have rough plans to revamp the entire rank and code system, odds of me ever implimenting them are pretty slim though.

DarnYak

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#17 Post by Perhaps »

If your initiative is to remove selective save... I have a better and much more effective idea. Sure it'd take more work,

however it wouldn't require turning EotA into Ghost Recon 1, as much as I played it and unlocked the weapons, it's pretty stupid

people can't get to the Online play and play on an equal level. "HAR! I GOT THE 7.62 CARBINE DIE YOU ALL DEAD! THE POWER OF

XM8 COMPELLS YOU!" "YOU CAN'T OUTSNIPE ME! I GOT THE UBER XM8 FORCE OF THE 7.62 SNIPER!"

Anyhow, after being a little off tangent, back to where I was going. What could be done, is when the game starts, you whisper

the bot. The bot will hold that with a time stamp. When you get to the end of the game you will get a save code, with time

implemented into its value, you whisper the bot with it, and of course it will verify the time frame. You will get three attempts to

get your code right, and a 30 minute discrepancy. And of course if the time follows up with it, and the code is valid, then the bot

will return a usable load code. Of course if you do nothing at all, your next generated load code will be deducted points. Also, a no-

brainer, if they don't start the timer, the bot won't accept the code at all.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#18 Post by Soulbourne »

Guess this ones mine...Until the 20th time or more, I'd probably forget to start the timer...most of the time I forget my code...plus the bots can go down and then you can either have unranked matches, or just not play EotA because your thoughts are "If it's not ranked, there is no spoon, I mean point." Or something like that might pass through your head.

I always like to both write it down and save it, each one backs up the other...
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#19 Post by jamn455 »

Perhaps wrote:    If your initiative is to remove selective save... I have a better and much more effective idea. Sure it'd take more work,

however it wouldn't require turning EotA into Ghost Recon 1, as much as I played it and unlocked the weapons, it's pretty stupid

people can't get to the Online play and play on an equal level. "HAR! I GOT THE 7.62 CARBINE DIE YOU ALL DEAD! THE POWER OF

XM8 COMPELLS YOU!" "YOU CAN'T OUTSNIPE ME! I GOT THE UBER XM8 FORCE OF THE 7.62 SNIPER!"

Anyhow, after being a little off tangent, back to where I was going. What could be done, is when the game starts, you whisper

the bot. The bot will hold that with a time stamp. When you get to the end of the game you will get a save code, with time

implemented into its value, you whisper the bot with it, and of course it will verify the time frame. You will get three attempts to

get your code right, and a 30 minute discrepancy. And of course if the time follows up with it, and the code is valid, then the bot

will return a usable load code. Of course if you do nothing at all, your next generated load code will be deducted points. Also, a no-

brainer, if they don't start the timer, the bot won't accept the code at all.

So apparently, you want to make the job that the bot does about 1324168132 times more difficult and you expect people to pick up this way of saving their code rather than the easier and much more traditional way? People don't save their codes now, how do you expect this to change that for the better.

The way I see it, if you think that tempering away from base requires much more skill and OMG YOU IZ NOT PRO CAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE TO LEAVE YOUR LANE, then why don't you buy a fucking cargo plane which costs a super expensive 120 gold(less than two teleports) and lose your item for a good 25 seconds. If this is not good enough for you then just fucking stop complaining and play more games with constant saving of your code.

I will wait for your argument of this point.
Line 'em up.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#20 Post by Perhaps »

First thing, there's the risk of interception of your items using a cargo plane, you don't have that issue with -temper <slot>. Also 120 gold will make a significant difference at the start of the game, where the -temper <slot> feature will be at its greatest effectivness. Then consider the multiplied factor, of everyone on a team with it, which would be 480 to 600 gold. And I know how you people are, that WILL be the scenario. Then there's the factor of having to go way into bumfuck egypt to get to the shop that sells cargo planes, which is of course, lost gold and experience. Most outcome of the game comes from the early point of it. Then there would be the abuse of holding out on upgrading artifacts to break cooldown, which you couldn't make use of going all the way back to base. And depending on what class and item it is, YES the duration of not having verse having it all the time. There's ALSO the factor of cummulative downtime duration, that sort of thing wouldn't happen once.

And about the bot thing, you yourself said it's not hard to whisper the bot. I'm not really sure how one extra whisper would make it 5525235 times more difficult. But then again self-contradiction suites you. And I'm along with Dekar, I'd rather not play 1.12 than save. If you want a rank, then have a rank, simple as that, there should be no motive to get a rank.

Reaper
Retired
Retired

#21 Post by Reaper »

Perhaps wrote:And I know how you people are
You need to get over yourself, seriously.
[Reaper]

Meckross
Regular
Regular
Battle.net name: Meckross on all realms

#22 Post by Meckross »

Perhaps wrote:And I'm along with Dekar, I'd rather not play 1.12 than save. If you want a rank, then have a rank, simple as that, there should be no motive to get a rank.

Well ur not exactly along with Dekar ... he's playin 1.12 all the time.

But seriously if you dont like it dont play it. U were lazy in the past and never saved a code. Now that there actually is some benefit u start to whine. Get over it jeees ....
This post contains graphic scenes of extreme violence and explicit language. Due to its adult nature I ask that anyone under the age of 18 please cancel the reading process immediatly !

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#23 Post by Perhaps »

I wonder if you realize that it has nothing to do with "laziness." For reasons of not wanting to participate in a pseudo feature, as well as avoiding unwanted attention and recognition. And again, hindsight, I can say YOU are too lazy to play on an equal ground. Furthermore, I can make it easier to do than what's offered, by using autohotkey.

Code: Select all

#NoEnv
SendMode Input
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%
var = 0

^NumpadDot::
   if (var = 0)
      {
      iniread, code, savecode.ini, Save Code, 1
      send {enter}
      send {raw}-load %code%
      send {enter}
      var = 1
      }
    else if (var = 1)
      }
      send {shift down}{home}{shift up}{ctrl down}c{ctrl up}{left}
      iniwrite, %clipboard%, savecode.ini, Save Code, 1
      send /w eota
      send {space}{enter}
      }
    That's a handy thing that makes it so that's all that's required is that Ctrl + Numpad Decimal Point is pressed, which will load the code. Then the saving sequence after loading, it would be, hit enter, type the code, then press Ctrl + Numpad Decimal Point, then it will save it for loading, and whisper the bot with it. I've always had the option to make this script, and it only took me a minute to write this up. I could have went with codes and be lazy still. "Lazy" is not a factor.

The only reason this isn't in my released script, is because I'm trying to come up with a to make it not overwrite, and add in the .ini file. So if someone messes up their code they can just back track it, rather than overwrite their last. I'm actually trying to make it easier for people.

Here's the thing, I can handle unlocking features that don't affect gameplay in such ways, that are far too direct, specifically -temper <slot>, the scroll thing goes in that category, but at least I can autohotkey it. Levels should only offer one of the two things... Aesthetic features, like different GUI looks, a title by your name, bonus models for heroes, etc. Or if there is any reason for affecting gameplay, it should be limited down to let's say leadership options. Which would be features such as "-stblock <player> (disables a player's ability to build spawn towers)," "-boot <player>," the already spawn tower building notification, "-stcancel -> clicking on in construction spawn tower," "-fpool <player>, <player> (force pool player to player)," "-scrolltake <player>(available after 10 seconds)," so on and so forth.

I also don't have a problem with "-temper <slot>" itself. I just think it should be a feature available to everyone else. Either that or it requires a reasonable fee to use.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#24 Post by jamn455 »

The features you have said are not the smartest things to implement into the map, I am sorry for this. Why block the ability for some people to build spawn towers, first of all you are in a public game and on top of that you do not give them the right to learn a part of the game. Stealing someones scroll would be equally as bad, for those who have built the obelisk towers, you are taking the skill out of it by just gaining 500 gold automatically whenever you steal the scroll. Force pooling is equally as greedy and stealing someone's obelisk tower, and it is something that should NEVER be put into a game. If you seriously don't like the fact that you can't -temper and others can, then I suggest jumping off of a bridge, because that will solve your problem.
Line 'em up.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#25 Post by Perhaps »

Or option 2 could be implimented, stopping clinging to a childish advantage. Now that I've disprooven your attempt for a typical generic answer of ignorance, no different than assuming a black person was the person who burgerlized your home. Also been counter argued your "I'll wait for you to come up with an argument" line, which you were on after that post, in fact, logged out, then in. Of course those features could be misused, I already thought of that when I was listing them. But myself not being so linear like others, I can see the fact the advantage would be forged by skill, and not simply not be given by default.

Players building spawn towers just about never learn a damn thing when they waste them, they're in their own world, like certain other people here, who won't listen to a bit of rational logic. They can learn from the experience, "wtf happened to my spawn tower I was building," you can tell him how it happened, and why you did it, they can learn, or they cannot, no different than them placing it, except without the everyone getting screwed over part.

I also said, SCROLL, not their obelisk, and after 15 seconds, your typical avoiding details to make your argument look legit. If they do not figure it out by then, they deserve to have it pulled away. They wouldn't learn unless told, which har har har, can happen in either scenario. In any case, I said "IF" it has to go to game affecting level.

Again, I find it funny how you're selective about your argument, completely avoiding the aesthetics suggestion. And the jump off the bridge thing, never heard that before. I mean really, it's almost as inventive as die in a car fire or a mom joke.