Level standard change

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Laser_Wolf
Regular
Regular
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

Re: Level standard change

#26 Post by Laser_Wolf »

We could also not worry about it since it has already been implemented. Most people know about and don't think its that bad. Arguing about it is not going to solve anything when we know both sides aren't going to make a compromise(or something of the sort).
I go by the name of Lazar_Wolf.
I am not a tailor.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#27 Post by jamn455 »

I see the tears of you not having temper. Just keep crying, WAH WAH WAH, we can hear you.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#28 Post by Perhaps »

There is no such thing as comprimise when there's some who's thick, and is an empitome of what it is to be the typical lowly internet mentality. He can't dish out any viable logic, the logic thinks was viable was counter argued on a whim, and now he's resulting to let the true inferior side of himself and go onward to pitiful flame. And the whole, "arguing won't solve anything," is the typical kick down anyone with a voice additude. If it's unheard it won't be solved. I've given ideas that were reasonable to both sides, it's not like it's a sacrifise on his part, that everyone else gets it, furthermore, I've given suggestions for other motives for rank. If I had my way, rank would be deleted altogether, but despite that I offered alternatives rather than say "delete rank altogether, the only thing more I could offer is fully conceding, how the fuck is that a comprimise, other than comprimising my stance entirely? Hell, I'm even making a script to make it easier for people to save and load their code. The other side is too simplistic and narrow minded to go for anything of a resolve. Back to hindsight, "I see the tears of you not being able to hold a reasonable and rational arguement. Keep crying, WAH WAH WAH, you're pathetic."

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Tehw00tz

#29 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

Thank god this is the internet or jamn would be embarrassed.
Backwards E's are badass

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#30 Post by jamn455 »

I honestly do not see why you are whining about -temper. You play public games with public people who have never played the game before nor have a code which allows them to do this. I have already told you, if you don't like the command, then don't use it... oh wait, you can't. Back to the point though, its not like you play against people all of the time that have access to this ability. I have given you a way to resolve this, just start playing EotA and saving your code, if you don't want to do that then enough said, SHUT THE FUCK UP.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#31 Post by Perhaps »

Har har, I'm not just thinking of myself on this issue either. What initiative would someone have to want to play a game when they have to play 60+ games to be on an equal ground. Stop trying to avoid the fact it's not right, there's other ways to deal with rank. Also, you still haven't given a legit reason why it shouldn't be for everyone to have. I don't see why I or anyone else should go along with your "resolve," when you still yet to back it up with reasonable and rational logic. But hey, make the map more exclusive than it already is when it doesn't need to be.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#32 Post by Soulbourne »

While reading this I played through my head several possible things, theirs the rare thing where something drives the person to do that leading to further lack of a social life than they had in order to get rid of that advantage over them or to just simply hold their superiority over others(Ya know, free time, ability to host, practiced skill at crushing any newbs that they can find, among other things).

Then there's the common group who figures out what they must do top get that advantage, realize that it has bonuses but comes at a cost, and just quit rather than having to face group after group of people who probably have this ability and having figured out just how much money it saves adding to the crushing of them and just making it a pain to get since they can't host and avoid the games like a rampant plague....
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#33 Post by Reaper »

Anyone that cares enough about EotA to know/care about -temper has alreadyplayed 40+ games, this shouldn't be an issue.
[Reaper]

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#34 Post by Perhaps »

Untrue, though not too large of a group, but I've introduced people into EotA, and knew and cared about tempering, spawn towers, etc. For these people it was their first game. I'm also sure they would if they knew about "-temper <slot>". A common scenario why people who "haven't played 40+ games" wouldn't care about it, is noone has said "hey, you can do such and such," granted they should have figured it out in the first game, I know I did, however, not everyone has that kind of capacity. Some people can figure and can't figure out in variations of single and combination of: just by looking, by reading instructions, and being told how. Or I suppose a common scenario they don't have the capacity by just looking, and don't want to read instructions, but will be told how.

Konnar
Regular
Regular

#35 Post by Konnar »

At the start, I was against codes. But now I think we should all pubsmash the shit out of bnet to get to lv 20 and take pictures of our big penises. That way we can be sure we have big penises and we get the negligible-imbalancing features.
Last edited by Konnar on August 26th, 2008, 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Konnar
Regular
Regular

#36 Post by Konnar »

Hey Perhaps, I think no one really gives a shit about these "problems"