Suggestions for Kedge's Landing 'Problems'

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Cokemonkey11

Suggestions for Kedge's Landing 'Problems'

#1 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

I thought of these while reading through the Wiki
Cannon towers on the West lane do not impact the East lane enough
I was thinking a quick and easy way to fix the above is to give the cannon towers a minimum firing distance.
I don't want to see the cannons go since I like the idea...
I miss EotA :(

crimso
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Suggestions for Kedge's Landing 'Problems'

#2 Post by crimso »

Correct me if i'm wrong, but from what i can tell the cannon towers do have a minimum range.
But regarding which lane it targets, that could be the ai shooting at the closest thing it sees as spotted by the endless wave of minions pouring out of base. So the cannon tower usually shoots at the east lane under three conditions:
A) waves on the west lane are fighting too close to the tower for it to fire on then
B) waves on the west lane being pushed far enough back that those on the east side are closer (or in range for that matter if the west is back far enough)
C) no enemies in sight on the west lane to shoot at

Only things i can think of that would make cannon towers fire more often on the east lane would be to do with ai tweaks, or (ingame) simply pushing the enemies in the west lane enough back far enough to enjoy the benefits of holding the towers in the west and them helping to take the tears in the east in turn.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by DarnYak »

They do have a minimum firing range. They cover a fairly small band a ways north/south of east lane, but a good chunk of the west lane. I agree they have massive issues though, and hopefully I can resolve those in a kedge update in 1.12b

DarnYak

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#4 Post by Reaper »

I was just throwing some stuff out there when I made that entry.. More of my opinion than fact
[Reaper]