Tyrian Sunstorm - Selfless Apostle

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

Tyrian Sunstorm - Selfless Apostle

#1 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Selfless Apostle

A holy man, the Selfless Apostle has dedicated his life to
easing the pain and suffering of others. He has joined with
the Elven Battalion to defeat the Grim Brigade and any
others that exist solely to cause pain.

Int Hero (Model: wc3 Reign of Chaos Priest, possibly.)

HP: Medium - Low
Mana: Medium

Str: Low
Agi: Medium
Int: Medium

Innate -Otherworldly Presence: The Apostle detects a
presence on the targeted unit. If it is an ally, it heals
300 HP over 5 seconds, and attacks slightly faster. If the
unit is an enemy, it attacks slower and loses armor.

Skill 1-Power Word: Reflection: The Apostle chants a word
of Reflection, placing a shield around target unit that
reflects (15/20/25/30/35/40)% of the damage that is dealt to
the unit. Has 10 charges.

Skill 2-Charge of Light: The Selfless Apostle chants for a
moment, then dashes forward and deals (75+.2Int + 1.5Agi /
100+ .2Int + 1.5Agi/100+.4Int+1.5Agi / 125+.4Int+1.5Agi /
125+.6Int+1.5Agi / 150+.6Int+2Agi) damage. In addition, it
stuns for (.5/.75/1/1.25/1.5/1.5) seconds.

Skill 3-Embolden: The Selfless Apostle prays for (1/2/3/4/5/6) seconds,
inspiring nearby soldiers. They move (5/10/15/20/25/30)%
faster, take(2/4/6/8/10/12)% less damage, and deal (2.5/5/7.5/10/12.5/15)% more damage for (10/11/12/13/14/15)
seconds.

Skill 4-Strengthened Resolve: The Selfless Apostle
suppresses the pain that he and his fellow soldiers take
when activated. It drains (12/10/8/4/6/2)% of his mana per
second while activated, but cuts the damage he and every
unit in range takes by 33%.

Ultimate: Transcendance: The Selfless Apostle transfers the
wounds from his target to himself. Gives (75%/100%/125%) of
his HP to the targeted Hero, and he loses (75%/100%/125%) of
his HP. If he dies when he casts this spell, an Angelic
Avenger comes down under this player's control. This unit
has (4000/6000/8000) HP, deals a large amount of damage, and
casts an improved Holy Strike, which stuns for twice the
duration of the Selfless Apostle's Holy Strike. This
Angelic Avenger lasts for 45 seconds.

Thoughts? Comments? The numbers aren't set in stone, just giving a general idea.
Last edited by CryptLord1234 on March 5th, 2008, 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

Re: Tyrian Sunstorm - Selfless Apostle

#2 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Lol, this guy has the same name has my BE pally I made a while ago, that comoed with the "Sunstorm" sorta reminds me of the Blood Elves, anyway.

Good concepts, though some changes would make them better.

Holy Strike? thats DW spell name remember? INt and AGi based? I'd do one or the other, preferably INt.

Strengthened Relsove: the mana drain seems kinda high at first. Id also have it timed, like 12 or 15sec, maybe a little more and boost the dmg reduct to say 50%?

Power Word: not sure what you mean by "charges" explain? how about having chance for 100% of the dmg blocked to be delt back in an INt based AoE? If course if you did do this youd need to nerf the blocked part a bit. 20-30% probably.

Embolden: 60% increased MS? not sure why you would wan't this, except for other heroes maybe. Maybe nerf it to say 30-50% and make dmg increase higher, like 30%. Another thought would be to add large amounts of armor to units for a short duration in place of the attack increase, say 25/40/65/80/100/125 added or something for 5 or 6sec. Just a thought.

Ultimate: hmm, 125% or 100% that means he will die I'm afraid. Also the heal part is pointless when over 30% of the other elven heroes have heals that don't kill you. The only point of having this ability would be to get the angel, which is nice but useful? I mean 8000hp is great and an improved HS is good to but can he really take the place of your priest guy? if he can, good for it, but if not you might want to consider the costs.

Well thats all, good concepts,
--AND

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#3 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Holy Strike (Read: Charge of Light):Ok. The name is changed, but it's both Agi and Int based partially because I wanted to do something different, partially because he's first charging at the target, then dealing damage. Charge = Agi, damage = int.

Strengthened Resolve: The mana drain is high at first to prevent it being an early push spell. That's my way of enforcing a time limit; rather than having 12 or 15 seconds, you can run it as long as you want -- But the mana cost is high at first, to prevent early abuse. 1/3 of the damage reduction strikes me as fairly good, but. . .whatever.

What I mean by the Power Word: Reflection spell is that it will reflect the damage that would be dealt 10 times. Someone hits him, it reflects, it's down to 9 charges. 9 more hits, and the Power Word: Reflection buff is gone. It doesn't actually BLOCK any damage, just reflects it back at the target. And I wouldn't want an AoE, since that doesn't make an incredible amount of sense. . .

Embolden's move speed increase. . .well, that goes with the idea. The idea of covering more ground faster, being inspired to charge. . .To each his own, I suppose, I kinda like the idea. No armor increase, or at least not one like the kind you're talking; why would your armor thicken just because you've been inspired?

Yes, the ultimate at levels 2 and 3 WILL kill you. It's meant to be a sacrifice, to get the angel in the first place. He would take the place of the Apostle, and do more damage, but the cost of that is that the Apostle has to die. The heal may seem a bit useless, but how many of the heals you mentioned not only instantly heal you to close to, if not full health, but give you an awesome unit? Maybe I'd have the extra HP go on as a shield that absorbs damage.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by A_New_Dawn »

So Reflection is loosly similar to Shared Pain then? ok, thought it was similar to say Rune Shield. Gotcha....

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#5 Post by Soulbourne »

There are in a good mood from embolden and a bit quicker on the draw, plus help each other when they see them in trouble, parrying, blocking, etc. That would explain armor increase. Or they could ignore some of the more serious minor wounds in that good mood. But that's be straight damage reduction.
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#6 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Edited Embolden to include a slight damage reduction to represent parries / assists to nearby allies.