The nameless braineater

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Meckross
Regular
Regular
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Meckross on all realms

The nameless braineater

#1 Post by Meckross »

The nameless braineater

The risen corpse of a once human hero. His endless hunger for flesh and brain makes him and those close to him mad. He joined the ranks of the grim brigarde in hope to get a better food supply within the ranks of the enemys.

Hp High
Mana Med-low

Str High
Agi Low
Int Med-low

Speed Slow

Initial consume corpse - Eats a nearby corpse healing 2% of max health per second. Lasts 20 seconds. Needs to be channeled.

Skill 1 - Bite. Bites an enemy hero dealing X dmg and restoring 10% of dmg as health. When enemy hero dies a special hero zombie is risen serving the nameless for 2 minuets. (the hero zombie should be pretty strong since it wont happen too often)

Skill 2 - Endless Hunger. His hunger drives the nameless and those close to him mad. Increasing movement speed attackspeed and giving a live stealing attack, but also draining X hp and mana per second on the nameless. (aura that can be activated n consumes the health mana as long as active)

Skill 3 - Call of the grave. Raises nearby corpses providing servants to the nameless for X amount of time. Those serveants share a magical bond with the nameless making them transfer the damage they cause as health to the nameless. (amount of servants increases with skill lvl)

Skill 4 - Soul heal. Passive. While being close to dying enemy troops the nameless has a 10% chance to capture the soul of the fallen and trapping it into a soul crytsal. Soul crytal is a healing item restoring X amount of health. (amount of health restored raises with skill lvl)

Ultimate - Uprising of the fallen. (channeling) The souls of the fallen return to take revenge on the living. Randomly turns living enemy troops in an area into zombies. Enemy troops get stunned while skill is being channelled. (Heros maybe too for a short duration) (one living troop converted to a zombie every 2 secs of channeling)

Talents:

Sharp teeth - Increasing the amount of health restored when using Bite.

Complete madness - Increasing the area that is affected while Endless Hunger is active.

Tortured Soul - By torturing the souls he traps their very essence is transferred to the user of a soul crystal. Soul crystals restore a small amount of mana.
This post contains graphic scenes of extreme violence and explicit language. Due to its adult nature I ask that anyone under the age of 18 please cancel the reading process immediatly !

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

Re: The nameless braineater

#2 Post by CryptLord1234 »

This actually sounds like a pretty good idea, although you'd need to improve on the name a little. . .
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#3 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Love the idea, though Crypt is right, new name man. Other than that great concepts and all...
--AND

Hmm, how about Restless Soul or something?

Meckross
Regular
Regular

#4 Post by Meckross »

I had no name in mind ... thats the very reason for this name :P

but if you leave the braineater part out ... its not that bad
This post contains graphic scenes of extreme violence and explicit language. Due to its adult nature I ask that anyone under the age of 18 please cancel the reading process immediatly !

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#5 Post by Soulbourne »

He is, The Nameless.....Sounds like some super villain/hero....
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

randomd00d
Regular
Regular

#6 Post by randomd00d »

I like the concept!

What would you think about him being an AGI hero instead of STR? To me, his concept sounds more like an AGI based melee with fast attack and pursuit speed, rather than a slower more tank-like guy. I guess Im thinking ghoul moreso than zombie. And it would fit better with Undead since they have Sorrow Liege as a str-tank already, but no AGI melee other than Neph which is a special case.

Call of the Grave is kind of similar to Sorrow Liege's Royal Guards, as far as a summons with an effect. It fits well with the theme, but maybe you can come up with another effect? I was thinking corpse explosion on demand, but that is too much like Blazing Priest summons.

Bite is pretty clever. It would apply a 2 second debuff kind of like the Drow Archer in ladder's exploding arrow thing. If the hero dies as a result of Bite, or within 2 seconds of it, the zombie effect triggers. Similar to a deathblow effect I guess.

Endless Hunger is really good, and necessary for pursuing a hero. Should it be a static gain/loss, or a percentage based thing, or based on attributes? I'm not sure really.

I like the Uprising thing. Like the Wolf ultimate, except the zombies stick around for longer.

Thumbs up!

Meckross
Regular
Regular

#7 Post by Meckross »

Well the health n mana cost of endless hunger should always be higher then the regeneration he can get from items n so on. Or maybe it should disable all item regen effects while active so it can't be perma active once u item up.

His "summons" which trasnfer life to him should help him extend the length of endless hunger. I also thought that the live transfer (of his servants) to him should only work while endless hunger is active. Kinda like a combo.

Endless hunger is meant as a short-med timed speed n attack burst caus he's meant to be slow without it (unless u invest a lot in agi).
I like the idea of a slow walking zombie with his undead fellows more then the running ghoul version tbh.

Noone commented on the soul crytsal idea though.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#8 Post by Soulbourne »

Free health pots, works for me.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

randomd00d
Regular
Regular

#9 Post by randomd00d »

Meckross, you hit the nail on the head. You dont want the aura to drain you so much that it is useless. However, you dont want a more item-centric or lategame build to gain all the benefits with little to no penalty from just keeping it active.

I like the Soul Crystal idea. I think it is original and would work well, hence my lack of comment. Just make sure there is some limiting mechanism. A shared (or not shared) cooldown with healing pots would work. However, you may want to make it a non-droppable item, as you could easily acquire a ton of them in some big fights and hand em out to all your buddies.
Maybe that is not a big deal though.

I guess my concert with him being a slow STR-hero is that he will have a hard time catching any enemy heroes. He wont be able to easily respond to enemy heroes nuking him and range-attacking, especially in early game. He has no nuke or snare so its important that his speed boost be viable early on.

Just think about the STR vs AGI thing for a while. While zombieness is good, I still think that AGI will fit better with undead, thus increasing the chances of the hero being potentially used.
Neph is melee agility, but with all his skills, he is really more of a caster 90% of the time. Hence, there is lots of room for an AGI melee such as an Infiltrator, Swashie, or master of the hunt equivalent.

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Wait, did you change his stats or something cross? could have swarn he was a VERY low hp, high mana hero, hmm, maybe thinking of something else. As for AGi instead of Str, ah whatever. The STr based concept kinda reminded me of the Puge guy on Dota, not that you copied or anything, just having lots of HP and doing lots of dmg is similar thats all. I actually like the idea of a strong hero able to pump out large amounts of dmg, you really don't find that in too many Tanks in EotA, with the exception of RK of course. Again, great ideas!

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#11 Post by Soulbourne »

Gravel.

And that was The Voidmacer, my guy. Dies easily but deals lots of arcane damage, ya, he's even worse off verses infil than most...