Talent Ideas

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

Talent Ideas

#1 Post by Strychnyne »

I thought there was a thread for this already, but I can't find it. If there is, move and bump please O might mods.

Since Test1 is basically about talents, I thought that some could be replaced by better ones, while other heroes can have more added to stay on track.

My say is that Heart of the Mountain's upgrade for health should give magic resitance, not health up. Another talent idea goes for War Club, making Gravel slam the tree back into the ground and stunning the units around it.

For Dire Howl, instead of being boring and adding damage (and I mean really Yak, that's not like you at ALL, even the life steal, though useful, is pushing it. I mean, how does a Howl do that?!) it should make the hero (and surrounding units?) hit their maximum damage for a duration/number of attacks. Fenris has 90-332 damage with all his attack upgrades at early levels, so this would do the same basic thing, just, you know, LESS BORING.

Not really a talent, but I think Search, since it is comepletly useless unless they are using the Infiltrator should allow Fenris to see just as well in the dark as in the day, keeping his sight range at normal. I'd rename it then too.
More to come as this test goes.

What's the point in making his summoned wolves last longer if they still only appear once per unit?

Final thing for Fenris, when Dream Leap does get a cool down, make sure it affects Dimensional Wards/Zephyr Totem's cooldown as well.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Talent Ideas

#2 Post by DarnYak »

hit their maximum damage for a duration/number of attacks
Next to impossible to impliment.
What's the point in making his summoned wolves last longer if they still only appear once per unit?
It summons...1 a second or so. So with them lasting longer you get 8 out instead of 6, or whatever the numbers are
Final thing for Fenris, when Dream Leap does get a cool down, make sure it affects Dimensional Wards/Zephyr Totem's cooldown as well.
Cooldowns are also completely out of my hands.
For Dire Howl, instead of being boring and adding damage (and I mean really Yak, that's not like you at ALL, even the life steal, though useful, is pushing it. I mean, how does a Howl do that?!)
I don't dispute its not the most original idea ever, the point is its funciotnality. Its always irked me that Fenris (among others) tends ot just hide back behind spawns to gain exp for large stretches of the game. This gives him a chacne to go up front, sit on the melee lines and kill spawns and gaining most (if not more) of the damage he'll take back. I hope to do something similar for other heroes as well (expect some love for grav). As for how, its basicly him howling and going into a rage, scaring the shit out of units and granting him the extra damage/lifesteal. I considered renaming it, but I see no purpose.

DarnYak

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#3 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Hmm, added attack for Dire. Well both ideas I like, on one hand it does make more sense to have a dmg increase, seeing as how its a "dire" howl. However, a DOT like what Strik-9 was talking about would be nice too becuase he really cant take units unit about lvl 25 or so.

How about this...

Dire Howl: &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& giving a small chance to kill a unit. If the unit is killed a shadow wolf will be summoned to fight. The wolf has multiple auras to buff units.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#4 Post by jamn455 »

A_New_Dawn wrote:Hmm, added attack for Dire. Well both ideas I like, on one hand it does make more sense to have a dmg increase, seeing as how its a "dire" howl. However, a DOT like what Strik-9 was talking about would be nice too becuase he really cant take units unit about lvl 25 or so.

How about this...

Dire Howl: &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& giving a small chance to kill a unit. If the unit is killed a shadow wolf will be summoned to fight. The wolf has multiple auras to buff units.
That is basically giving fenris the Arcane Mistress's ultimate move, Wail, but you get a unit that is worth it all of the time.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Not really, It kills 1 unit, and the wolf summoned has buffing auras. Vaguely similar.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#6 Post by jamn455 »

It is dumb to have an AoE move that has a chance to kill A unit. I am sorry, but it makes no sense at all.

It would be much better than wail if it was AoE though since the wolves would have a point of being alive other than a tank for 3 hits.
Line 'em up.
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#7 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Thats NOT the point, getting the wolf with the auras is...

P.S. please read the whole post before bashing it. TY.

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#8 Post by Strychnyne »

Guys, PLEASE can you keep the arguing out of here? If you absolutely have to comment, then please, whoever did post he idea, be the bigger man and just clear up any misunderstandings and that's it.

1. Too bad, I thought I was on to something there.
2. I guess that makes sense.
3. I figured since you could do it between items you could do it between spells. My bad. Not actually sure why I even put that there... In fact, it's a stupid idea. I chalk it down to being really late.
4. I think I'm just raging against Apotheosis, the Quiteus's ultimate, and now Dire Howl. I just see spells being a cumulation of effects instead of new stuff. Plus I really don't like vamp type attacks. But I see the logic behind it and it's something that should be worked on, even if I don't like the way you do it.

I'd like to see your talents show up in the -s menu. Since the tooltips don't change I thought that'd be a bit less confusing. Or have an icon in the talent section of your altar that shows you what the affects of your talents currently do, since the icons disappear after upgrading.

I LOVE the Cloak of Shadows talent, but it can really get in the way of trying to AoO or even attack. Since the duration is so short, if there is anyway to make it so you can attack without breaking the invisibility, that'd be less of a debuff.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#9 Post by jamn455 »

A_New_Dawn wrote:Thats NOT the point, getting the wolf with the auras is...

P.S. please read the whole post before bashing it. TY.
You post was one fucking sentence, it is quite hard not to read the entire thing.

How about you read my fucking post before saying that I am bashing it. I am just telling you why it is pointless to have an Area of Effect move kill one unit.
Line 'em up.

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by A_New_Dawn »

While your at it read Strike-9's post too...

Meckross
Regular
Regular
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Meckross on all realms

#11 Post by Meckross »

Smalls suggestion: The talent of the Incarnation that converts souls that get captured to gold. Everytime you get a killbounty there is that little +15 for example. I think something like that should pop up for the captured souls too.
This post contains graphic scenes of extreme violence and explicit language. Due to its adult nature I ask that anyone under the age of 18 please cancel the reading process immediatly !

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#12 Post by Strychnyne »

This isn't really a Talent (I guess it could be), but I'd like to see Encouragement be targetable on enemy units, but if cast so THAT gives the self heal and gives the enemy spawns a nerfed version of the Deathblow debuff. It's not good enough as it is right now. Or, better yet, have it increase attack and move speed when cast on an enemy. That'd let him deal more damage when alone. Also, it'd have to be renamed Unwilling Sacrifice or somesuch.

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#13 Post by Strychnyne »

Talent idea for Aeromancess:

Prevailing Winds/Eye of the Storm/something that makes sense

Gives each wave from Tempest a chance (increase with level) to bring units (not heroes or it would be another interupt spell) towards a point closer to where it was cast, thus allowing fuller damage to be done.

Honestly No Idea For A Name:

Allows her inate to affect her whirlwinds, increasing damage to be done per half second instead for duration.

Talent idea for Dryad:

I thought this was already an affect, but have Mana Surge do AoE damage around the spell caster it targets.

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

#14 Post by Pheonick »

Here's a couple of names for those last two talents, Strych;
Hurricane Force
and
Volatility

Oh, and hey guys, I'll be returning to battlenet sometime this weekend. Thrilling news, huh?
I've been told that, with major surgery, I can become a preeetty good combination doorstep and draft excluder.

I feel...zomg.

"Stop getting up at night, just pee in your closet, it's that easy!" - Billy May

MartyrOfSorrow
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: CouncilMember

#15 Post by MartyrOfSorrow »

(for Elder Treant talents)
Poison Vines
After end of cast "Grasping Tree" have a X% chanse to slow the target on at Y% in current Z% of time.
The Land of Despair...v 1.0
Moon Weel Crusader
Saggitarius Massanger
Electric Pixie
Resplendent Mentor
Gloomgarden Harvester, and her Mandragora
Runeaxe Bard

MartyrOfSorrow
Wanderer
Wanderer

#16 Post by MartyrOfSorrow »

(for Arboreal Crusader talents)
Mental Impulse
When Mana Surge shock target who cast spell, caster has a X% chanse to be silenced for Y sec.
Moon Weel Crusader
Saggitarius Massanger
Electric Pixie
Resplendent Mentor
Runeaxe Bard

MartyrOfSorrow
Wanderer
Wanderer

#17 Post by MartyrOfSorrow »

(for Master of Hunt talents)
Desire of Night
When Fenris cast "Dire Howl" every summoned wolfs add X% to attack speed for Y sec.

or

Shadow of Fear
If the Fenris uses "Howl" and on associates already there is an effect of howl they or receive chance of a miss twice, three times...times more, or has X% slow down movement speed on Y%.
Moon Weel Crusader
Saggitarius Massanger
Electric Pixie
Resplendent Mentor
Runeaxe Bard

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#18 Post by Perhaps »

Cock Missle (Mystic Swashbuckler):
Allows Mystic Swashbuckler to pick up chickens as an item, then launch them as an attack dealing damage to both the chicken and target.
Range and damage increase per talent level.
If effect ends when they're in your inventory, they will be released from inventory as normal form.

Gilles
Visitor
Visitor

#19 Post by Gilles »

MartyrOfSorrow wrote:(for Elder Treant talents)
Poison Vines
After end of cast "Grasping Tree" have a X% chanse to slow the target on at Y% in current Z% of time.
Way too good. All of your talents seem too good.
Perhaps wrote:Cock Missle (Mystic Swashbuckler):
Allows Mystic Swashbuckler to pick up chickens as an item, then launch them as an attack dealing damage to both the chicken and target.
Range and damage increase per talent level.
If effect ends when they're in your inventory, they will be released from inventory as normal form.
Now that's a rad sounding talent. Cock Rocket for the name.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#20 Post by Perhaps »

Dire Howl... The wolf is going into a dire/adrenal state as well as tensing specific muscles such as Karate, doing those grunting-like sounds aren't just for show. In going into such a state the mind steers away from concious thought, while that may seem bad, it delimits the reaction times to the basic insticts to target vunerable areas when open for attack. Fenris in his adrenal and dire state would do deeper bites to rip flesh and muscle as well as eat the flesh and muscle ripped off, in which of the accelerated metabolism the consumed substance is broken into neutrients in shorter than nomral time, along with faster flowing blood, it gets to the wounds to heal them faster. In fantasy aspect, that the healing process is done at an inhuman feat, would naturally be going into a dire state certain magical attributes are delimited.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#21 Post by Soulbourne »

Isn't Fenris a wolf of supernatural proportions? Like a spirit wolf or something? Or is he just a regular alpha male?
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

MartyrOfSorrow
Wanderer
Wanderer

#22 Post by MartyrOfSorrow »

(for Scarab talents)
Ruins Strike
When Scarab ends cast Smite, bolt has a X% chanse stun target of spell for Y sec. Drain addition mana from Scarab.

(for Scarab talents)
Collapse(or another name)
When Scarab ends cast Smite, bolt strike target and enemy around target for X% from hit of target damaged.
Moon Weel Crusader
Saggitarius Massanger
Electric Pixie
Resplendent Mentor
Runeaxe Bard

Gilles
Visitor
Visitor

#23 Post by Gilles »

Instead of improving already good skills, try making shitty ones better.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Battle.net name: Dekar

#24 Post by Dekar »

A talent for Garg's innate Shimmer:

Increases the duration of the illusions and makes them mirror your moves: move to the same point, attacking the same unit.
They could also deal 100% damage if they dont do that yet.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Battle.net name: Dekar

#25 Post by Dekar »

Oracle Talent

Archnemesis: Chance that a summoned Nemesis is one level higher.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer