Talent Ideas

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Waki_Miko
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Talent Ideas

#26 Post by Waki_Miko »

How about a passive talent that leaves a trail on the ground (like Flower Boots), but actually does something that affects combat directly?
Some possible examples:
Icespinner or Glacial Tyrant (probably the better choice) leaves a trail of ice that slows attack speed or movement speed of units that pass it for a short duration (and maybe minor damage)
Blazing Priest or Emberwraith (probably the better choice) leaving an immolating fire trail that damages over time
Defiler leaving a decaying trail that drains HP and MP (since there was the mention of removing Devouring Plague)
Forlorn Martyr leaving a static trail that may have a low chance of dispelling any effects on any hero (except the Martyr himself) that walks on it
Acid Reaver leaving an acid trail that corrodes armor for awhile (similar to Storm of Malice?).
Divine WIzard leaving a mana trail that replenishes allied hero mana while on the trail
Aeromancess leaving some sort of trail that speeds up allied heroes and slows down opposing heroes while they're on the trail
Arboreal Crusader leaving a vine/root trail that slows down heroes while they're on it
Incarnation leaving a trail that may animate units that die on them.
etc.

This kind of Talent would be always on, and would thus pose an interesting downside that's similar to the use of Flower Boots (assuming it's being carried, as one could just discard it as one pleases): Everyone will know you're very near if they see your trail.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#27 Post by Dekar »

BP: Talent that prevents Backfire from getting dispelled and adds manaburn equal to the damage it deals.

Or just add that to the untalented skill. :o

Or maybe chance to get silenced on cast?
25% chance to get silenced for one second before triggering skill cooldown if that is possible.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Ion
Communist

#28 Post by Ion »

BP: Spell that makes it so Backfire deals a portion of Int. damage and is useful beyond Level 25 (or on a hero with an orb of health). But I get Backfire anyway >: D. Also a spell that made Backfire stack (if it doesn't already) would be straight dope.

I'm going to propose "combo talents". Since combo abilities are normally a secret and it seems less fun to suggest them (though I'd be happy to get corrected here) I'll try some combo talents combo talents:

Terraform
Dread Shaman (Earth Totem) + Colossus (Rockslide)

Both people upgrade their talents but only requires one to work. For the Colossus if he tosses Rockslide through (or in the vicinity of) the Earth Totem it could:
- splatter mud over the units and gives them a slight slow (they don't stack I hope >>) and chance to miss
- leave a small Tremor (for whenever Yak gets rid of it; if he still is?) that deals a bit of damage and a small slow (should be less then totem) unless they'd stack, in which case perhaps just a chance to miss
- causes rockslide to deform the terrain, making momentary 2-4 second Tremors instead of one big one (would look cooler)
My favourite of the above is the little random Tremors (Earthquake spells I guess) and for the DS it could make it so that little Earth Elementals randomly pop out of the tremors (% to) and his Elemental Totem could also play into the % chance for an Earth Elemental to pop out of the ground.

Flare
Ascendant (Stonegaze) + Emberwraith (Smokescreen [or w/e the fuck its called; yeah pokemon])

One-way talent (only for Emberwraith); when Stonegaze gets cast on him there's a small explosion (flare from solar flare = |) with AoE damage.

That's all I got for now. I don't see why these couldn't just stand alone as normal combos either >_> Sorry if this was useless but my English class is boring.
Ion.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#29 Post by DarnYak »

Please stop mentioning backfire. It no longer exists.

DarnYak

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#30 Post by Perhaps »

You should make a "Mercenary" hero call Oscre The Crank, compiled of trashed out skills. Backfire could be on the hero. In short the hero could exist, meaning Backfire could re-exist!

Mentioning Backfire is now back up on the board!

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#31 Post by Dekar »

You could even add a Sniper Frostnova + Oscre Backfire combo! Freezer Burn!

Amazing!
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Ion
Communist

#32 Post by Ion »

Hawt.

Every talent should cause Backfire.
Ion.