New hero idea. Vague outline give suggestions!!!

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

New hero idea. Vague outline give suggestions!!!

#1 Post by A_New_Dawn »

A recent and very vague thought came to me about a hero that can change attributes.

Like giong from INt primary to say Str or AGi. I'll post some further stuff for this idea later, just sorta came to me and I wondered what you guys thought.

Love any feedack, ideas, suggestions, thoughts.
--AND

P.S. For any of you DOTA players isn't they're a hero that has a sorta similar thing? Think its like morph or something, only his is confusing and sorta dumb, this idea would at the very least have some use unlike DOTA's version. Anyway...

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Tehw00tz

Re: New hero idea. Vague outline give suggestions!!!

#2 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

His name is Morphling.
Backwards E's are badass

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#3 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Right, not sure how familiar you are with him but I found his shift attribute thing useless. What I'm hoping to do with this guy is create an effective way of switching from form to form without hindering him overall. Still, don't sure how I'm going to accomplish this that why I'm hoping from support/feedback from you guys. Do have some ideas though, hope to get an good rough example then work from there.
--AND

randomd00d
Regular
Regular

#4 Post by randomd00d »

Useless?!? No wai!

Pumping AGI while keeping STR at enough HPs greatly increased his attack power and that of his Nuke.

When running, going to STR let you do a stun instead of a nuke with the same skill, AND you start gaining life quickly due to the STR-gain... thus avoiding a tragic demise.

So yeah, it was very handy.

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#5 Post by Discombobulator »

A_New_Dawn wrote:A recent and very vague thought came to me about a hero that can change attributes.

Like giong from INt primary to say Str or AGi. I'll post some further stuff for this idea later, just sorta came to me and I wondered what you guys thought.

Love any feedack, ideas, suggestions, thoughts.
--AND

P.S. For any of you DOTA players isn't they're a hero that has a sorta similar thing? Think its like morph or something, only his is confusing and sorta dumb, this idea would at the very least have some use unlike DOTA's version. Anyway...
Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
I'm this forum's MVP.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#6 Post by Soulbourne »

Hmm, well, there goes my claim to part time random...till this guy goes inactive....code of seniority on such things....you've been a member longer....
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

Ion
Communist

#7 Post by Ion »

Reaper: Delete double post of this

Okay, dude I'm going to give you some straight up advice from the heart.

I'm going to admit to you right now, until this hero selection I've never bothered to read one of your hero suggestions.

Why?

You have like more then 10 at once. I dunno, maybe you just like writing this stuff up or you really honestly feel like Yak cares, but I'm going to be frank with you here: when we read hero suggestions, or when I read them, I'm just reading them to enjoy what I hope to be a well-put together hero that I'm going to go "wow, that's a different take on that". I think, just judging by the names of most of your heroes that they're probably all eerily similar. You seem to make alot of hero posts; has Yak posted in one of them?

Yak has an idea of what he wants. If you post up suggestions, you should be refining your idea and waiting for his signal to keep going. If he says "cool, make more" then do it- if he says "not what I'm looking for" or doesn't answer, it probably means it's a no-go or he just doesn't care to read it. He's got all the hero ideas he wants- really, if he liked something of yours it just might be a spell or something.

But for people who do read these for the simple amusement, I'm going to put to you two suggestions:

1) If you're going to post hero suggestions try and make it so that it's a work-in-progress and one at a time. Posting up a new hero everyday that comes to your mind doesn't make anyone want to read your stuff; and it automatically kills your credibility seeing 15 hero suggestions with maybe 3-4 posts in each from the same people, and another 3 of yours. Try sitting down, thinking up a concept you've never heard of or seen of before- and although that's prolly impossible, you'll get somewhere with it. Make it cool, take your time.

2) You post so many, why don't you open up the WE and instead of laying them all out here make your own. I'm sure Yak and everyone else would be alot happier actually seeing someone attempting to make a hero, actually programming it then ideas. It'd make everyone's life easier cause then they could choose to either ignore the download or test it out through a play-through themselves.

Look, even if you don't know how to use the WE Editor it's not that difficult: there are tons of tutorials everywhere, go figure right. But in all seriousness please take some time and don't use up so much room just randomly posting whatever vague hero thoughts come into your head.
Ion.