Lazzil Darksmile--Demented Magician

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

Lazzil Darksmile--Demented Magician

#1 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Lazzil Darksmile--Demented Magicion

Faction: Creeps (Maybe UD, but a far maybe).
Character: Satyr maybe...any ideas?
History:...hum???
Primary Attribute: AGI
Attack Status: Ranged
Summery: Evil, conniving, and very charming, Lazzil is able to win over people, friend or foe, through a serious of tricking and enticing acts. Primarily an entertainer, he works whole heartedly to take advantage of and robb others of their wealth and honor (not sexual, title).

Abilities

Innate--Steal
Gives a small percentage to steal gold from an enemy hero with each attack.

A1. Poof!
Blinks Lazzil to a nearby target or location, creating a smoke cloud in his wake. Units within the cloud are given high evasion rate for a that duration. Poof! also grants a small chance for a powerful, magic-immune shade to be summoned to fight. Also stuns for short duration and deals bonus x AGi bonus dmg on next attack.

A2. Demonic Touch
Summons a powerful dragon for x sec. The dragon has abilities of his own but are used only by Lazzil. The dragon grows in size and strength with each LvL as does his spells and gains additional abilities every other LvL. Since the dragon and Lazzil are connected, only one of the two 'Heroes' can be used at a time.

Dragon abilities:
Poison Attack--Deals x INt dmg and slows MS and AS greatly for a short duration.
Tough Skin--Grants 15% permenant evasion and +10 armor.
Fireball--Sends a flaming ball of fire toward a unit, dealing small AoE dmg and giving a chance to stun for 2 sec.

So they would something like this...

LvL 1: Poison attack 1--Deals x INt dmg and slows MS and AS greatly for a short duration.
LvL 2: Tough Skin 1--Grants 15% permenant evasion and +10 armor.
LvL 3: Fireball 1--Sends a flaming ball of fire toward a unit, dealing small AoE dmg and giving a chance to stun for 2 sec.
LvL 4: Poison attack 2--Deals additional INt dmg and further slows MS and AS for that duration.
LvL 5: Tough Skin 2--Grants additional evasion and armor.
LvL 6: Fireball 2--Deals additional dmg and giving a larger AoE effect.

A3. Corrupted Entertainment
Kills a friendly unit, giving other friendly units increased Armor and Attack for a time. If a unit dies within 3sec of CE, all units in an AoE will be healed for x health and given additional Armor.

A4. Disguise
Lazzil disguises himself in the form of a friendly allied unit, assuming their Attack, Armor, and Hp. While in disguise he cannot use spells but is given increased MS for a time.

Ultimate--Malicious Thievery
Lazzil rumages through an enemy heroes inventory, finding the most pricey item and stealing a percentage of its value in gold. Increases with each LvL.

Edit: Added a new spell and changed Poof! a bit. Will be adding further stuff later.
Last edited by A_New_Dawn on February 19th, 2008, 11:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

Re: Lazzil Darksmile--Demented Magician

#2 Post by jamn455 »

Its a better idea than your last ones, but I don't think the stealing gold thing will work because its too easy to make it useless.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#3 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Lol, thanks for not flaming man, I know we don't always get along. :|

Hmm, wait you talking about Ult or Innate, Ult right? not sure what you mean by useless though...I mean an extra 1000 gold would seem nice to me. Guess I liked the whole concept of it more than anything.

I know, I know, some of my past ideas were kinda "non creative" but I think this guy has some potential, he does lack an AoE though, if you got any ideas love to hear them.

But overall hes better than last ones right? hope so.

Thanks for the input.
--AND

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#4 Post by jamn455 »

Well both aren't really good.

You would only get away with money when it comes to playing against people that use items. Those who buy consumables or merc units/heroes would be safe from the moves.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Hmm, don't most people but aleast a couple of items though? of the replys on hero discussions, most seemed to buy items. I do realize it has a potential to not be uselful but youd think at least one of the five enemy players would have items. I thought of having him steal the item but that could get downright unfair, and its kinda a takeoff of nephillium's item ability thing. I might add a different idea if this one isn't too popular.

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Tehw00tz

#6 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

Most good players only spend money on potions/shadow wands/mana potions.
Unless the situation really calls for them to buy something expensive.
Backwards E's are badass

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#7 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Hmm, so Dekar, Random, Strik-9, Aegir, Soul, are all not good players. They all buy items for their heroes, aleast joram.

You might wan't to speak for yourself man, just saying.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#8 Post by Soulbourne »

I don't consider myself the best, but I consider myself maybe at least a low ranking expert...I try to go for exponential gains with my items, mercs when needed, merc hero(Go dwarf blackguard), but besides AA I consider my hero to be much more effective with items...AA kills heros well enough with entangle and dual shot...poor runners.
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#9 Post by A_New_Dawn »

A fine example Bear. :|

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#10 Post by Dekar »

I do only spend excess money for items. Repairing and defending with mercs is top priority. Depending on the hero I play, the enemys and my teammates (<3 good ones ), I may end up with only a half upgraded Orb of Mana ( support hero to spam skills and no extremly dangerous enemy hero) or several +5 items ( farming with a hero killer ).

And AND, as you never played with me, dont talk for me. The only reason i may want to talk fully equipped heroes are your stupid posts about hero strenghts where your favorite hero is always fully equipped against someone without any items.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#11 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Dekar wrote:I do only spend excess money for items. Repairing and defending with mercs is top priority. Depending on the hero I play, the enemys and my teammates (<3 good ones ), I may end up with only a half upgraded Orb of Mana ( support hero to spam skills and no extremly dangerous enemy hero) or several +5 items ( farming with a hero killer ).

And AND, as you never played with me, dont talk for me. The only reason i may want to talk fully equipped heroes are your stupid posts about hero strenghts where your favorite hero is always fully equipped against someone without any items.
Wow, whats wrong dude???!!! seriously, I didn't flame you...wth.

My favorite hero has nothing to do with being "fully equipped". And as I've said 100 times before my heroes rarely get "fully eqiupped" in Lans.

And Dekar, you definitely flamed dude.
Last edited by A_New_Dawn on February 16th, 2008, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#12 Post by Dekar »

You might want to speak for yourself man, just saying, but dont talk for others.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#13 Post by A_New_Dawn »

I was simply using you guys as an example.

Sorry it upset you. :|

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#14 Post by Reaper »

I'm sorry but a_new_dawn by your own defininition of the word you flamed all of those people you mentioned. Aka, saying their name and something about them is flaming in your book. (look, now I'm a flamer too!)

To back up dekar's point, yes, I too only will buy expensive items when I have the excess gold. This is either pubsmashes or when there are good teammates that also help merc/repair/build. Point being: non consumable item buying does happen sometimes, but if the other players have half a brain to, they could easily have 2 of this heroes skills rendered pretty useless.
[Reaper]

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#15 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Reaper777 wrote:I'm sorry but a_new_dawn by your own defininition of the word you flamed all of those people you mentioned. Aka, saying their name and something about them is flaming in your book. (look, now I'm a flamer too!)

To back up dekar's point, yes, I too only will buy expensive items when I have the excess gold. This is either pubsmashes or when there are good teammates that also help merc/repair/build. Point being: non consumable item buying does happen sometimes, but if the other players have half a brain to, they could easily have 2 of this heroes skills rendered pretty useless.
Getting back to Lazzil... :roll:

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#16 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Steal seems a bit like Joram's ability that scatters those gold coins around. don't remember what it was.

Poof is new, and not bad, but it also seems a little bland.

Magic Touch is just like Neph's innate. Changing it would be helpful.

Corrupted Entertainment is similar to the Lich's altar, but not too bad, really.

Disguise strikes me as kinda useless; why would you use it? You'd be prone to getting nuked, or insta-killed by some of those spells that kill mobs. if you weren't killed and moved quickly, that'd be a dead giveaway, and since you can't cancel it, you're dead, dead, dead.

Malicious Thievery needs work, too. I use consumables almost exclusively; unless this is a relatively-short cooldown spell, it won't be useful against me, but if you DO have a small cooldown, people who buy big items will give you a huge amount of money. Could use some work.

This hero in general could use work. Disguise isn't worth the mana as it is currently, his ult and Innate need work for those who don't use items. Corrupted Entertainment and Poof are ok spells, but this guy doesn't really have any damage, ability to TAKE damage, or unique spells.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#17 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Pilfer, and it is kinda like it, but there are several spells similar to each other, i.e. Swoop, Lunge, Pain, not saying it can't/needs to be changed.

Pilfer also has a stun, gives consumables, and rarely benefits MS with the gold part. I.E. others can steal it.

This would be a % based chance with each attack, say 10% or something to steal 30 gold? as a result, a DPS based Lazzil would be ideal. Also remember its the Innate. I will however look into an alternate Innate due to the fact it seems unpopular.

Magic Touch: yeah ok, I'll work in this one. :|

Poof I like, but your right Crypt, it does need some "love".

Corrupted Enterainment: I'll work in this one too.

Disquise: Hmm, guess I'll change that.

Ult: Well, you got to remember Crypt, people usually buy comsums in large bundles (I do anyway), so it would still benefit them to some extent. Does need work though, granted.

Thanks for the comments.
--AND