Kalandrick-High Paladin

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

Kalandrick-High Paladin

#1 Post by Soulbourne »

Name:Kalandrick
Class:High Paladin
Race:Elf
Loyalty:Elven Battalion

History: Maybe latter I'll add...

Summary of abilities:Can be played offensively or as support. As Vindicator, he gains many skills to smite his enemies. And Lightbearer, he supports and heals his allies in combat. He is a low mana hero that burns fast.

Skills:

Innate:Decision-Switches between Vindicator and Lightbearer forms. Creates a temporary debuff past level 9 that temporarily weakens him or his abilities, and will stack with repeated switching, refreshing each time. The debuff is not dispellable..

Skill Set 1:Vindicator

Smite
-Single target nuke that calls down holy judgement for moderate damage and a short stun.

Empowerment-Passive: Increases attack speed and damage. Active: Increases His damage and movement speed greatly for a short burst of time.

Holy Vengeance-Causes the area around the Vindicator to burst dealing scaled damage based on HP and then set DoT on the area affected.

Divine Claim-drains enem(y/ies) mana into the vindicator.

Skill Set 2: Lightbearer

Aura of Healing
-Passive:Grants slight health regen. Active: Creates a burst of AoE healing to those around and including the Lightbearer

Life Drain-Takes medium amount of multiple enemies life and instantly transfers it to allies.

Prayer of mana-Channeled: Greatly increases mana regen of Lightbearer while channeled.

Blessing of The Shieldbearer-Blesses nearby allies greatly increases armor for a short time.

Ultimate: Both

-Fills the High Paladin with the spirit and power of those on High. This grants Great Movement speed bonus, extra damage, and adds effects on to the paladins abilities.

Ok, feel free to comment, and I might try to decide extras added by ult later if it gets good opinions.
Last edited by Soulbourne on February 15th, 2008, 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

Re: Kalandrick-High Paladin

#2 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Hmm, an interesting concept, I like it, though some of your names might cause unessery flaming by some forum members.

I don't mind using some of the same names, ie smite, life drain, empowerment, holy vengeance, but others are extremly picky and might whine.

Good ideas though.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#3 Post by Soulbourne »

2 of those are both different effects and non-paladin in WoW, the other ones....ya that lost me if I'm thinking right.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Not bad, although I would like to see some sort of constraint on switching between modes (if you will) other than mana. What I would like to see is something like a Charm (With some holy name, whatever you want) that has a 5% (10%? 15%? Something low) chance to work, and the mob follows and defends you. If the spell works, the pally gets 3 (4? 5? Could be a talent to increase) charges to switch between Vindicator and Lightbringer, although he would start in, say, Vindicator. To work on the low chances of that working, you could buff the abilities quite a bit.

Of course, that is all up to you. The idea's pretty solid as it is. How about adding a debuff to Holy Vengeance (to replace the DoT) or Smite that increases the damage taken by his spells? Seems like it would work for Vindication. . .
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by Soulbourne »

I guess I should Include something to prevent mass changing between forms...long cd always works, but is kinda limited I guess....Maybe a undispellible debuff that weakens him or his abilities for a short time....make it stackable to just because...