Teresthar-Enlihtened Druid

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

Teresthar-Enlihtened Druid

#1 Post by Soulbourne »

Teresthar was a very powerful druid and one of the first to sense the impending cataclysm. She was key in locating the exact location of the Artifact and in the process was granted great gifts of nature, which she now uses to furthe the Elven cause.

Innate: Elder Owl form-Transforms into a flier losing some abilities but gaining a speed aura and True sight.

1st spell: Nature's Wrath-Small AoE nuke that deals medium damage and slows all targets near. Unavailable in Flight Form.

2nd spell: Faire Fire-Gives sight and lowers armor in a medium AoE. Available in Flight Form.

3rd spell: Natures Blessing-Blesses allies in an AoE Granting increased health/mana regen and extra armor. Unavailable in Flight Form.

4th spell: Natures Grace-Passive: Gives small dodge chance and attack speed. Active: Gives a buff to nearby allies slightly increasing damage and increasing attack speed. Available in Flight Form.

Ultimate spell: Nature's Empowerment-Gives increased attack speed/armor/damage/movement speed. Also increases effectiveness or adds on extra stuff to other abilities. Not available in Flight Form.

Hmm...how's that?
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

Re: Teresthar-Enlihtened Druid

#2 Post by Reaper »

I'd say neutralizing this hero would be simple, get dispell. Oh, counter all the moves except the aoe damage
[Reaper]

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#3 Post by Soulbourne »

Hmm...Ya I always saw druids as either Destroy all with nature, or support...but many of said destroy things is A) like my AoE, or B) magic imbued pieces of nature...Roots, summons, leaves carried by the wind...

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by A_New_Dawn »

How about a Hypogryph form, for Innate or even normal ability? Owl sounds kinda weird and hawk is..don't know..weak I guess. How cool would a hypogryh be though?! have a sweet-looking, dmg doing, half-bird half-deer creature killing things. Hmm, ok, how about this, say owl, hawk, wolf, something for Innate, adds weak speed bonus and whatever and have say Hypo for Ult?

Hypogryph form-Ultimate
turns Teresthar into a Hypogryph, adding additional abilities.
say...
increased attack speed, agility, movement speed, armor, dmg for hmm long time, say 120sec. This would work like zen archery, you can switch back and forth.
Hypo form would also have abilities of its own that you can only use in that form, normal form abilities would be restricted while in hypo form, of course.

so here are some of the abilities you would use while in hyp form...
Screeching dive)
dives through units, dealing AoE x Agi dmg, stunning for short duration, reducuing armor and attack dmg for short time.
Tame hypogryph)
Picks a friendly archer unit up, adding its armor, hp, and attack to the hypogryph.
Rage of the fowl)
Increases MS by 150% for 3sec but drains 50hp per sec.

I donno, those are just some of my thoughts...

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#5 Post by Dekar »

I would rather see 2 complete skill sets instead of running around with only one skill per form ( or 2 with one and none with the other *coughlimitedskillpointscough* ).
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#6 Post by Soulbourne »

Ya....didn't want to take the time to design a second....how easy is it to put in two skill sets anyways?

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#7 Post by CryptLord1234 »

As I have said in other topics, what makes me want to play this hero? It doesn't seem to be fun to me. I want to be able to kill by myself, not have to be around someone else so they can do the killing for me.

Nature's Wrath seems like DW's AoE. . .I can't remember the name at the moment. . .
Faerie Fire is, well, basic. Can you come up with something better?
As for Nature's Blessing, isn't there an aura that does exactly that in wc3 already?
Nature's Grace seems. . .ok, I guess. I do like the passive-active idea, though.

Most of these hero ideas don't seem too well thought out. I'm not getting at just you, nor do I intend this as a flame, but they seem kinda. . .bland. If you're gonna put a hero in EotA, there's gotta be something about him/her/it that is addicting and attractive to new players.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#8 Post by Soulbourne »

I didn't put as much thought into this like my normal stuff...but then again my normal stuff is spontaneous.