Kul'therzag-Shadow Priest

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#1 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Character--Rotound'jere (DOTA).
Faction--Undead.
Hero Type--Healer, AoE.

Summery
An INt based AoE caster with healing ability.

Abilities

Shadow Shield
Places a shadow shield on SP, increasing AS, MR, and HP regen for xsec. Any attacks done to the SP while SS is activated will be reduced by y%. (I'm thinking 50% at LvL 6). 50% of the magic dmg WILL be delt accordingly, however, the other 50% will be canceled and instead heal SP for the amount canceled. If SP is full health, the other 50% will instead convert into mana for SP.

Shadow Heal
Blasts a unit with dark energies, dealing x (INt based) dmg or healing for same amount. If a unit dies under effects of SH, x (INt based) will be delt in an AoE around enemy units.

Demonic Healing
Creates a dark rip in space, summoning forth the darkest powers to heal friendly units for x% of their max health. Should any units under the effects of DH, a demon will be spawned in its place to fight. (Thinking up to 6 demons, one for each LvL, each has 800HP and does Chaos dmg.)

Soul Blast
Takes the souls from dead corpses and causes them to explode, dealing x (INt based Evocation) dmg per dead corpse in an AoE.

Inmortailty
Makes all units invuneralbe to death for xsec, half that for heores.
Last edited by A_New_Dawn on January 28th, 2008, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

Re: Kul'therzag-Shadow Priest

#2 Post by Dekar »

Woah, come on!

Do you want to be the new Seig_2?

Also wtf dota gain. I dont think we need DotA hero clones here. ( If that isnt the case - I dont play DotA )

Also exact stats ( especially for skills if you plan to make it that way ) are a total waste of time, as Yak will propably at least compare them to existing spells for balance reason and thus find good numbers anyway. A hint about the strenght of an attribute is enough: High damage, low DoT, high agi modifier, ...
Thats time saving at the right spot. :P
Ofc you have to add ~values if you want a skill to be special in a certain aspect, fast cooldown for example.

Seeing that this is your third hero idea in a short time, you should propably spend more time on a single idea and refine it.

I posted an hero idea as example for everyone ( not completly refined ): Click me, I'm a link!
But you started formatting your text, good so far.

The layout is based from the hero suggestion form of a map I help creating and is IMO quite good ( I think its based on the DotA forum hero suggestion, but meh! ).

Also try to be a bit more creative with skills and think out of the box, create crazy stuff ( basically everything is doable in WC3 ) and you will surley manage to impress some people.

Hero creating is not as easy as it looks, but can be quite rewarding. :D
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#3 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Dekar, I haven't even posted the spells yet man..come on..wait till I post them before you post your "critiques" ok? thank you...

Eh, your right bout that one, dont really need to post all that crap about stats...

Its just a DOta-looking hero..not a DOta hero, Personally I think round'jere looks way cool and would love to see his face in Eota (not his abilities though).

Rest assured man..this guy won't be a a mere knock-off of DOta heroes...

My main reason for this guy is an AoE caster, as we all know everyone says UD needs one..as a result im posting an idea for a good, all american caster...anyway Ill post those spells for you...

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Tehw00tz

#4 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

And you think, the players who call EotA a ripoff of DotA by simply it's name, will care whether or not the spells are different? This'll just give EotA a bad reputation
Backwards E's are badass

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by A_New_Dawn »

There are several heroes in Dota who have the same "look" as the ones in Eota....

Rue------------------------Death knight guy..can't remember his name..something like Lord Avernas or something...
Alexander------------------Omniknight
Arcane Mistress------------Troxix or something...haven't played Dota in a while....
Requiem--------------------Silencer
Infil------------------------Assasin
Oracle---------------------Naga Siren
Martyr---------------------Antimage
Neph-----------------------Night Stalker
probably more....can't think of them all...

If your basing Eotas reputation on how many of their heroes "look" the same then EOta already is shitty in that repect and already has a "bad reputation"...

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#6 Post by Soulbourne »

Hmmm...Custom avatars end badly...is the name and avatar the same in your guy?
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict

#7 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

Congrats you can match character models, but that's not the case. HOW MANY HAVE THE SAME NAME? You seem to miss the important points of every post.
And if your going to capitilize the letters in EotA atleast do it right.
E-o-t-A
Backwards E's are badass

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#8 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Well, Yak will be the judge of "How many look alike" so your opinion doen't really matter...but thanks anyway.

(EotA) :roll: :wink:

Why don't you edit every post while your at it seeing as how your so conserned for correct grammer...-_-

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#9 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Why do I want to play this guy? He doesn't have anything particularly unique about him, really.

Shadow Shield is an improved Rune Shield.
Shadow Heal has the interesting AoE damage, but almost seems like Death Coil.
Demonic Healing is almost like the Lich's altar, except this one spawns Demons.
Soul Blast is almost a direct copy of the. . .what's-his-name. . .Soulbinder's (IIRC, the guy who uses corpses for mana) ult.
Immortality is Big Bad Voodoo that includes the caster.

None of these abilities particularly impress me, make me want to play this guy. Yes, I realize that I'm not the only person who plays EotA, but I'm trying to put it into perspective from the random person who joins the game. There's no point in adding something that won't be played.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by A_New_Dawn »

I was mainly just throwing ideas out there man, I know, I know, hes not the most unique hero but Ill probably do some editing...

If you or anybody else have some ideas or improvements id like to hear them...
--A_New_Dawn

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict

#11 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

A_New_Dawn wrote:Well, Yak will be the judge of "How many look alike" so your opinion doen't really matter...but thanks anyway.
The simple idea that they share the same custom model and have the same primary hero type is kind of a dead give away.

Let's move onto the hero though.
Should any units under the effects of DH, a demon will be spawned in its place to fight. (Thinking up to 6 demons, one for each LvL, each has 800HP and does Chaos dmg.)
Should any units under the effects of DH
You didn't even include what the stipulations for the unit to turn into a demon is.

If you want your hero suggestions to be taken seriously don't add in the fact they are based off DotA characters and atleast double check your post to see if you put all the hero's abilities correctly.
A_New_Dawn wrote:Why don't you edit every post while your at it seeing as how your so conserned for correct grammer...-_-
I'm not concerned with correct grammar and I don't edit my posts accordingly. I would much rather have people hitting their heads against a wall because of the content of my posts rather than the shitty grammar in them.
Backwards E's are badass