Eeledar-Forsaken Druid

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

Eeledar-Forsaken Druid

#1 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Eeledar-Forsaken Druid
Character: Syllabear (normal form), (Dota).
Faction: Elves

Summery
An INt based hero with potential for high versatility.

Abilities

Grasping Thorns
Spawns a group of thorns to grab enemy units and toss them backwards, dealing x (INt based Evocation) dmg to the units grabed and an additional x (INt based) AoE dmg to the units they collide with (if any). Similar to Incinerate and Geyser.

Nature's Touch
Summons several waves of angry wisps that attack enemy units and heal friendly ones. The wisps switch every wave, first one doing dmg, or vice virsa, second healing. Dmg wave does x (INt based dmg) and healing wave heals x (INt based) per wave. Total of x waves.

Bear Form
Transforms Eeledar into a Bear with added abilities. Cannot use human form abilities while in Bear form.
Roar!
Does x (STr based physical) dmg in an AoE and reduces Armor, AD, and AS by x% for ysec.
Bash
Deals 200dmg and gives a x% chance to stun for ysec.
Bear Strength
Passive: Adds x% to HP, HP regen, Armor, and AD while in Bear form.

Cat Form
Transforms Eeledar into a Cat with added abilities. Cannot use human form abilities while in Cat form.
Maul
Deals x (AGi based physical) dmg to a single unit.
Claw
Slows enemy units MS by x% and gives an y% chance to crit for 3x normal dmg. Lasts tsec.
Mark of the Cat
Passive: Adds x% to MS, AS, and AD while in Cat form.

Call of the Wild
Gives allied units a x% increase in HP, AD, Armor, AS, and MS for ysec.
Last edited by A_New_Dawn on January 29th, 2008, 11:13 am, edited 9 times in total.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

Re: Elestar-Forsaken Druid

#2 Post by Dekar »

Character: Druid on Eota/Dota

wtf x_X

He switches form but needs to turn into the animal form with another skill, too?

Cat form has basically only damage skills?

Maul - Hunt and Cat Form - Stalk are very smiliar

Bear strenght is a pure passive skill and sucks.

Attack -_-

Skill names are quite boring.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

randomd00d
Regular
Regular

#3 Post by randomd00d »

It is a really interesting idea. A few suggestions.

1) Um...why is she forsaken if she is on the side of the elves? Name makes no sense.

2) I am not so sure about druid. Theres already a lot of nature themes. Plus, a druid would have a humanoid form, plus 1 or more animal forms.
So, you would want a humanoid form with some skills: healing, thorns enchantment maybe, whatever.
Then, a bear form with higher HPs, Armor, melee abilities.
OR (not and) a catform with a stealth type ability, and a Rake(dmg over time), Claw direct damage, whatever.

So basically, pick two forms...but 1 pretty much has to be humanoid for a druid.

This is STILL problematic, as a single skill does not really work well with duality. In other words, what do you call a skill that gives the humanoid Healing, and the bear Maul? Or the humanoid thorns and the bear Swipe.

3) Alternatively, remake the character as a shapeshifter that makes more sense having 2 forms. For example, a Dragon Disciple(shameless rip off of D&D), who is a half dragon and is similar to Acid Reaver. (either a good-elvish version, or an undead version). He would have an assortment of dragonish abilities.
His ULTIMATE would be shapeshift, where he turns into a dragon for 60 seconds, gaining UPGRADED versions of their existing skills. (sort of like Lich's ultimate, or dread shaman's ultimate), plus some bonus attributes n stuff. Different levels of ultimate would add different or better goodies to existing skills.
(i.e. a dragon breath skill would be promoted to adding a chill effect for 6 seconds for -30/40/50/60% move, or even add a passive like Fear Aura that causes all enemies nearby to lose some attack damage while in dragonform)

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Yeah, I thought so too...lol, I know, it still needs alot of work, that was just the basic idea a first.

Hmm, so you think a shapeshift for Ult would be better? thought about doing that but DOta has a druid almost exactly as you described. Nothing wrong with that just not sure if a take-off from Dota would get much praise. Lol, we all love dota right? :roll:

Also, I did think some about a thorns thing and other "druid" abilities but their again aren't we heading towards treant then? I'm not trying to flame you random, I really appreciate your thoughts on this :D I just don't wnat to make a take-off from other heros that all. Still, what you said makes alot of sense and I will be doing some drastic changes thanks to you...

Later dude... ---A_New_Dawn

Note: So what do you guys think of the twin forms idea? should I go with just Bear form for Ult--like what random was saying--or keep the two forms and change some spells...love any feedback...

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#5 Post by Soulbourne »

Idea to go with name and shapes:

She is a druid that was forsaken by the order for choosing animal form over her birthform. She pretty much never takes on (elven?) form, and in the heat of battle calls upon the raw power of the bestial spirit. Other druids believe in using such power, but call her views drastic.

Dunno why, but seemed female to me...is it a her, forgot the description already.
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#6 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Yeah, thats how I imagined the Druid, almost always in some form or another, almost nvr natural form...

Well, it was suppose to be a him, but, hmm, She? nvr thought of it that way... not a bad idea though...

Storamin
Addict
Addict
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

Re: Eeledar-Forsaken Druid

#7 Post by Storamin »

well thats basic.

randomd00d
Regular
Regular

#8 Post by randomd00d »

Im with you, A_New_Dawn. I dont wanna rip off DOTA. I didn't really think about the lone druid from dota actually, but that would be kind of a rip come to think about it.

I was really thinking more of ripping off Dragon Knight from dota instead! ;-)

Well, at least the idea of how the "ultimate" shapeshift would work.

I would think either approach would work fine. I just wanted to toss out the ultimate shapeshift idea out there, in case that works out better. It is more of a "special pump-up" thing, whereas your idea was more of a "duality" hero...with 2 equally useful forms... which I really like.

Maybe you could rip off the WoW druids of the fang! Yeah, make a druid that has humanoid and Snake form. It would be more poison and snakey(?) focused instead.

Upon further review, I think you could go with the "I forgot my humanoid form after so long" druid if you wanted catform and bearform.
Or, come up with some kind of Shapeshifter that has two forms.. Its kind of tough to come up with something with 2 forms that are different enough to be useful, AND have a plausible reason to do so.

I would say focus on coming up with a reasonable skill progression system ASAP. For example, "The Skill that Gives Cat the Pounce Skill, but gives the Bearform the Swipe Skill" is probably not the best choice of title... ;-)

So that requires you to narrow down your list of skills for each form. The Ultimate would be especially tricky! I was thinking about an aura of some kind like Leader of the Pack (can we steal more plz? :-) that would give a small radius aura of +damage or something.
The problem of course being that no truly passive skills exist in EOTA anymore. So it would have to be a passive aura, PLUS an ability called "Roar of Battle" that gives an Additional bonus for a short time period with a longer cooldown.

I guess obvious skills for cat would be:

Cat = AGI boost based on character level. (i.e. lvl40 druid in catform = +40 AGI)

1. Some kind of stealth - Takes 4 seconds to fully work. Invis for a long time (120 seconds), but movespeed reduced by 40%/35/30/25/20/15. Initial attack from stealth deals an extra 50/70/90/120/150/200 damage.

It is different from Infiltrator as it slows you instead of speed up, and is used more for the heavy opening damage rather than in conjunction with a skill like Attack of Opportunity.
Or could be kind of a combination of both but weaker.

2. Speed Boost -

3. A hamstring type of skill.

4. A direct damage skill in melee.

Bear gets: +STR equal to character level.

1. A swipe that damages multiple opponents.

2. A charge that works kinda like the acid reaver.

3. um... ran out of ideas. Back to work!

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#9 Post by Soulbourne »

Have it where it list something like:

Cat-Shred: Rips opponent
et cetera et cetera yada
yada yada

Bear-Swipe: Swipes opponent
et cetera et cetera yada
yada yada

Don't think the current give anything but how the action works right now do they? Haven't looked in awhile just pick the skills...

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#10 Post by Reaper »

The 2 form idea is ok, but I don't think it would be very exciting to have some skills similar to infiltrator and one similar to acid reaver. It would be much more interesting/exciting to come up with totally unique skills
[Reaper]

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#11 Post by DarnYak »

It was eventually my intention to add a druid hero for the elves, with shapeshifting and all. I haven't given it a hell of a lot of thought, but I know for certain one of the forms would be hawk or raven, as they'd be a semi-flying hero for the elves.

DarnYak

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#12 Post by Soulbourne »

Hmm...so flying form....Hmm...maybe I'll think this through and see how close I can blindly through the rock to your thinking...Flying as innate or other ability....yes already forming...

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#13 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Hmm, flying form, wow, that would be kinda cool. Yeah I did want to create some unique abilities for Druid, but Cat form is suppose to be DPS right? (aleast on WOW)
and a spell similar to lunge or swoop would fit nicely in that category, only problem is that it would kinda be a little redundant...

So what if I had say Cat form Innate for escaping or catching injured heroes, with increased AS and MS, and Bear form Ult or even just one of the abilities for Tanking. Maybe I'll put that in instead. 2 forms is cool concept in all, but it takes two slots, thus reducing chance for other Druid abilities. Guess if I was to choose between Cat or Bear form Id probably go for Bear just cuz I prefer Tanking style heroes anyway...but thats just me...

Also, a Hawk form and Cat form could kinda be a waste, a Bear+Hawk instead of Bear+Cat or Cat+Hawk would seem far more practical and usefull in terms of hero killing...

randomd00d
Regular
Regular

#14 Post by randomd00d »

Oh yeah, flying form would be awesome!

My favorite idea from this thread is the innate skill: Shapeshift, which probably has a medium length cooldown, a small mana cost of say 50, and turns the hero from Form A to Form B, where both forms are equally useful.

It is sounding like a druid of the talon. The problem with a hawk form is that a bear/hawk wouldnt make much sense. Bear/cat is reasonable since they are both feral big animals. Its a bit reaching, but reasonable.

But bear/hawk? Not sure how you logically justify that (within reason...it IS a game after all). Its the WonderDruid that loves the freedom of flight and forgot his/her humanoid ground-bound form. But uh...also likes to turn into a 800 pound bear too.

Another issue with Druid of Talon is that I cant think of many unique skills. Between Aero cyclone, speed boost, and that chick's Galeforce, that covers the air element pretty well. Other heros also summon trees, roots, and standard druidic stuff.

maybe the Dragon-ish idea is the way to go. Have a dude that can either be a medium flying dragon or a humanoid of some kind. The catch is coming up with reasons why the humanoid form would be useful (vs staying in flight form forever). Thats why to me, the ability to turn into a flying dragon for a limited time might be the way to go.

Man, this is confusing eh?

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#15 Post by DarnYak »

I agree hawk/bear would be a bit odd, doubt I would go that route. Wolf/hawk I could see going together well. The obvious objection would be fenris is already a wolf, but I don't personally see that as a problem.
Maybe you could rip off the WoW druids of the fang! Yeah, make a druid that has humanoid and Snake form. It would be more poison and snakey(?) focused instead.
This one has some potential as well. Not snake, as no model exists and I'm against importing too many models. But why not spider? Granted, a second form to pair with spider is kinda hard to pick..maybe treant form, or ooze form.

Could also try watery themed druid. Turtle, crab, lobstrock, and sort of water elementals as options. Granted, you're not flying at that point. Clearly we need a murloc druid hero.

Or, similarly, an entire elemenatlist with shapeshifting. Water form, earth form...ok, wc3 is kinda lacking on good elemental shapes.

Thinking about this thread has given me a few too many intersting possibilities.

DarnYak

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#16 Post by Soulbourne »

Hmmm...and thats a bad thing? Besides your mind wandering back constantly...

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#17 Post by jamn455 »

YOU NEED TO MAKE MY LEVEL 20 HERO.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#18 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Huh? Lvl 20? what are you talking about dude...................

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#19 Post by DarnYak »

jamn455 wrote:YOU NEED TO MAKE MY LEVEL 20 HERO.
Oh, this is already in 1.11. I just never told you how to get it.

Nor do I plan to.

DarnYak

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#20 Post by Strychnyne »

Huzzah! I am such a sucker for druids. I like the flying idea, just 'cause it would give all teams a flyer. Though any animals sort've get in the way of the whole United Creeps thing, especially if it was a wolf, though that would be my vote. Though a good piece of story can sort that out easily enough.

Why is everyone so keen in adopting WoW and DotA heroes? Go play those if you want to. I don't get the appeal. The less like WoW the better, at least from where I am sitting.

randomd00d
Regular
Regular

#21 Post by randomd00d »

I agree. I really like EoTA's diversity and have no desire to see it DOTA-fied. However, most of this is just general ideas for a flier for the Elves. A druid fits in nicely, and gives us a cool new mechanism of dual-forms that are both equally useful in theory.

I dont mind stealing a few general concepts from Dota, such as having a druid that can shapechange. Or a part-dragon humanoid that can turn into a big dragon as an ultimate. All the skills and balancing would be strictly EoTA style, as Yak sees fit. Yak has shown himself creative enough that I don't think we are really gonna run 1.12 and see Syllabear, the Lone Druid imported straight from dota staring at us...

Of course, if someone comes up with a more unique concept for a dualform flier...great! Or even just a flier that has some unique concepts and gameplay style.

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#22 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Well stated radoom, I too long to see a Druid in Eota, but not a Dota-take off, even though Syllabear is cool.