Dirge - Blood Baron

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Perhaps
Retired
Retired

Dirge - Blood Baron

#1 Post by Perhaps »

An Grim Brigade hero, however this hero is not undead, the hero follows the path of undead. Blood Baron is a mage-warrior with an insatiable lust for blood. Blood Baron could never fit amognst the ranks of the High Elves nor the United Creeps; Blood Baron however, in the wake of the Undead's mindless bloodshed, has found a place to maintain his desires. To side with the blood of the foul and to devour the blood of the fresh, Blood Baron had found his rightful place.

Blood Baron is not just simply a blood thursty rogue, but has a magical control over the blood of his own, and consuming the blood of his foes to have more blood for his powerful blood arts, making Blood Baron a critical piece to the Grim Brigade. Blood Baron, of the blood he wishes to devour the most, is the blood of his long lost brother...

Melee
Moderate Attack Speed
Moderate Move Speed

Str > Agl
Agl > Int
Int > 0

Innate:
    Consume Blood;
    Blood Baron can devour the blood of his foes, converting it to blood of his own, thus healing Blood Baron.
        -Consume the blood of the nearest corpse. (Channeling)
        -Blood Baron has ??% life steal. (Passive)
        *Consume Blood has no cost.

Skill 1:
    Boiling Blood;
        -Boiling Blood follows Blood Baron and will deal damage in a radius over time (Duration)
        -All units under boiling blood will have reduced armor
        *Blood Boil costs ?? life per second.
        *Blood Boil costs no mana.

Skill 2:
    Blood Injection:
    Blood Baron injects special blood into target hero, causing adverse effects. Blood Injection has a short cooldown, and stacks buffs, in a certain order.
      -First buff slows target hero's move speed.
      -Second buff applies a mild D.O.T.
       (Second buff only applies if first is applied)
      More buff tiers to come.

Skill 3:
    Blood Conjuration;
    Blood Baron has the ability to create item from his blood. Blood Baron can also infuse gold and/or crystals with his blood, which is necessary to produce certain items. This ability is fairly important. Since Blood Baron will not use any items other than the one he makes, he finds them a hinderance on his abilities.
        -Blood Conjuration creates items
        *Costs X hp depending on item
        *Costs X gold depending on item
        *Costs X crystals depending on item
        *Costs no mana
        ^Using skill will bring up selection to create.
        ^Item creation will have tiers base on skill level
        !Other heros cannot use Blood Conjuration items.

Skill 4:
    Blood Blade;
      -Blood Blade gives Blood Baron a cleave attack. (Buff)
       *Costs ?? hp
       *Costs no mana

Ultimate:
    Blood Clone;
    Creates a copy of Blood Baron made out of blood. Has exact same abilities as Blood Baron.
        -Creates Blood Clone with duration of ?? second.
        -Blood Clone starts with 50% of Blood Baron's health from time of cast.
        *Costs 50% of Blood Baron's health.
        *Costs no mana.

Special Traits of Blood Baron:
-All of Blood Baron's abilities cost health.
-All of Blood Baron's abilities cost no mana.
-Blood Baron can only heal via Innate and Blood Potion.
-Blood Baron can only use items made from Blood Conjuration.
-Blood Baron is the only hero who can use items made from Blood Conjuration.

This is just what I have so far of the hero idea, I'll figure out more later.
Last edited by Perhaps on January 27th, 2008, 8:48 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

Re: Blood Baron

#2 Post by Soulbourne »

Hmm, I once had a caster like this....uses blood instead of magical energy...They were an arcane order who had mastered the energy that flows in the blood. Also tended to mess with the blood of foes and allies, binding them to there will, weakening them, causing every blood vessel in the body to burst.

Maybe for an ult have say Bloodletting? A channeled spell that drives all nearby units into a mad blood frenzy, increasing attack speed and power, but lowering defense. It also deals damage to towers because there crews are driven mad too. Maybe have it where as they attack they get a stackable buff increasing attack speed further as consumed by the frenzy?
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#3 Post by Perhaps »

Blood Baron has to use his own blood for his abilities... The blood of others he consumes, becomes his blood.

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by A_New_Dawn »

So something along the lines of SB and his corpeses? Hm, sound kinda weird, guess its your idea...This sounds like a take-off of SB...no punt intended...just saying...

Just a note...all that red is kinda...blinding...

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#5 Post by jamn455 »

So basically he is the opposite of the Soul Binder in a way. Good idea.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#6 Post by Soulbourne »

Hmmm....So fountains and outposts don't heal him?

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Tehw00tz

#7 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

So he's like that guy from that other AoS.. Tides of Blood? Haven't played in a while.
edit: to further the undead theme of Grim Brigade but how about changing him into some vampire-creature-mage
Backwards E's are badass

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#8 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Theres an idea.....

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#9 Post by Perhaps »

In a sense I wanted him to be a lot similar to the Soul Binder, a melee/aoe/tank hybrid class, something that the Grim Brigade could really use. I can't really explain it too well without a spoiler, but he's suppose to be Soul Binder's brother, Blood Baron was considered magicless therefore was exiled and deemed as not family, which occured shortly after infancy. Blood Baron has a corrupt past in barren lands which is where he discovered his lust of blood as well manipulation of his own blood.

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Oh...well in that case...sounds good...its one thing if its his brother..another if its a takeoff...

Hmm, you might want to make him similar..but not that similar..like AA and AM...something along those lines.

AA is troop support right?
AM is more DPS..

so since SB is kinda like a tank, caster...BB should be like..troop support, nuker (like Cenibus)...just my 2cents...Also, AnrgyBear had an excellent idea..make him kinda like a vimpire type guy...here, I just thought of some ideas..tell me what you think...

Vampires Blood
gives units a vampiric attack. So your spawns do dmg and get healed for the same or something...

Blood Steal
Strikes a unit for x dmg based on his current hp. This is like an inversion of smite. The more hes injured, the more dmg he takes, deals a min also. Also, for each point of health stolen, adds it to BB's mana and hp.

Just some thoughts....Anyway........................

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

Re: Dirge - Blood Baron

#11 Post by Perhaps »

Thing is, Undead is already decked out with support, Undead needs a hero that can provide good AoE, other than the Ascendant. Sure Emberwraith has good AoE, problem is the primary source of Emberwraith's AoE can be discharged early due to an interupt, causing him to do pitiful damage. Simply having a class that can interupt every cast attempt (which isn't hard since the ability has a long cooldown), and Emberwraith is for the most part can't provide that great AoE anymore. Sure Defiler has corpse mine, and bounce. However, both abilities are randomish making him not so a worthy an AoE hero. Oracle has her ultimate... Keep in mind, ultimate...

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#12 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Thats true...A vimpiric ability would be sweet though...

Hmm, how about a vimpiric AoE dmg...

Does x dmg in large AoE and gives % back to caster and other units as health.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#13 Post by Perhaps »

Having his damage ability have life steal would kind of defeat the purpose of his abilities costing no mana, and costing health... The fact the AoE reduces armor of units, allows you to deal more physical damage, in turn stealing more life. In a sense gaining life steal, however you have to work for it, more than you would it being directly given.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#14 Post by DarnYak »

While i'm in favor of alternative types of mana, using blood feels too much of a direct ripoff of ToB for me, intended or not.

DarnYak

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#15 Post by Perhaps »

ToB?

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#16 Post by Reaper »

Tides of Blood, another AoS
[Reaper]

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#17 Post by Perhaps »

Apparently the concern of similar heros, stops AFTER a hero having an invisibility move combined with a back attack only move.
-_-

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#18 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Ouch, canned by Yak himself...lol hope he doesn't do that to my posts on hero ideas... :(

Just not your day Perhaps...Perhaps some other time...

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#19 Post by DarnYak »

Perhaps wrote:Apparently the concern of similar heros, stops AFTER a hero having an invisibility move combined with a back attack only move.
-_-
Not sure what you're refering to. Rogue types are common fare, not original but not copying anyone specificly.

I should also note my restrictions on copying people apply far more to other map makers then other sources. I'll happily copy blizz when its appropriate, but I try to leave ideas from other map makers to themselves, unless i have a unique take on it.
Ouch, canned by Yak himself...
Didn't can anything but the blood based mana. Other spells may or may not be good, I honestly haven't thought about it that much (I usualy go through these when i'm looking to add new content, not as they appear)

DarnYak

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#20 Post by Soulbourne »

Hmm, well, could have it where it draws upon life energy itself to make it unique...have it in mana spot, have regen tied to hp regen, maybe have it be deadly if you use it up...dunno how that could be done if possible at all though.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#21 Post by Perhaps »

I didn't figure using life for abilities to be a problem that it's "similar to another map." Considering using skills that cost life only exist way before the time of Warcraft III, dating back to DOS even, and further back than that. Technically that map is copying something else...

In gaming, music, cooking, etc... Ideas get recycled. It's your map, you do what you what, but damn, have a better reason than that. =\