EotA promotion plan...

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Perhaps
Retired
Retired

EotA promotion plan...

#1 Post by Perhaps »

So I was thinking of something for an encouragement for more playing of EotA, and that would be every single person of the forum, to form a team, that is built souly of randoms they found in public games. And of course the teams would be listed some where on the website, and a team could challenge another team, and the match would be documented on the site, as well as launching tournaments. New people would be opt to play since they would have a knowledgable player to play with, and help them. It would also provide less public smashing (which is a cause for newcomers little desire to want to come again).

And DarnYak could cooperate, by making "statuses" that you would get in game (i.e. "Lord Strychnyne" in game), that people get provided their status code to input in game. The status codes would be provided by playing the team matches, and their results or other features that don't provide an advantage that are neat could be earned. Of course being in a team, or making a team is the only way you'd be able to participate.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

Re: EotA promotion plan...

#2 Post by Reaper »

This is an alright idea. The only problem is that some pubbies can refuse to listen to knowledgeable players.

Also are 'pubbies' purely defined as people not in the clan?
[Reaper]

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#3 Post by jamn455 »

Plus the fact that Yak hasn't put in my reward for level 20 yet.

It's a great idea, but it is hard to get groups of people on the forums together, and getting teams that work well together, let alone getting pub players together for a match that is serious.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by Storamin »

Getting pub players to begin with is often difficult enough.

However, retaining them and arranging for 8 to 10 players with many pub players to play together would be almost impossible.

Good idea, but EotA just isn't popular enough I think.

Glortex
Visitor
Visitor
Battle.net name: Glortex

#5 Post by Glortex »

Getting pubbies to stay is the hardest.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#6 Post by Perhaps »

Surely not an impossible task, you just need to present yourself right. Before I had even come across Clan EotA, when I was playing EotA, I built a small community of players to join my games. RectalReaver was an account dedicated souly to adding people to my friends list for people to add me as well, to see when I host games. And when someone was on and available, chances were very high that they join.

I can't say recruiting people to your team that lost is an easy task, but it surely is if they're on your team winning... Let's face it, people like the taste of victory, chances are, they'll want more of that. I most specifically looked towards players persistant to beat me, they're the most likely to progress.

There are only a few of them that do play now, but that's probably because I stopped playing for a while. But when I did, they surely did stay.

Hell, something to even consider is make each team polygamist. As in, that each team won't be just an EotA team, but a team for playing another game as well, that second, and/or third game doesn't have to be the same as everyone else, the only similary of game choices for the teams would obviously need to be EotA. For example, you could build a team that does both EotA and Night of the Apocalypse: Aftermath (NotD Aftermath). That should keep activity, if they don't feel like playing EotA at the time, you as a team could play something else in the mean time. Polygamist gaming is what has kept some ten year long guilds alive as long as they have.

It would also help having a more complete and less buggy map than version 1.11e. Erhm DarnYak... I know you don't want to here tips on how you should opperate your map, but if you really want a community to better, the latest version should be something that isn't so incomplete. My suggestion? Perhaps, fix what is provided now, rather than adding more features that will pile bugs and problems on top of the already existing, or even if the existing are fixed, it's just bugs still there and no solid version can exist for players to dwell in until the next bulk of features is playable. I would like to consider 1.10 as that, but that too has its problems, that should have been fixed before even considering adding the new features. Noone wants to play 1.10 the most stable version, because "it's not the latest," meanwhile noone wants to play the latest because it's not stable. -_-

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#7 Post by Soulbourne »

Hmm, I haven't seen any bugs really..but I like this idea, then again I've been one of the few if not only who believed EotA wasn't yet dead....Hmm, Another way to get people to look at it is to basically flood the joining thing with EotA games, if I saw about 10-15 of one game up I'd be curious to say the least...problem is, are there enough hosts that can be online to do that?
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#8 Post by Reaper »

Laser_Wolf and I can both host.

Also we've been playing eota at least a few times a month for a long long time. Recently (last couple months) few times a week.
Not that I didn't think it was dead though, it basically was shortly after undead came out.
[Reaper]

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#9 Post by Soulbourne »

When I host and get a full house, normally at least 5 have played before and are glad to see it being hosted...Hmm, we need to get more people who are active to host it...But short of figuring out how to make other people able to host, how to get more hosts?

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#10 Post by Perhaps »

Well if Strychnyne is willing, he could assist each and every team leader to become capable of hosting, if they are not. Or someone else who's capable as well. Or teams could be seperated specifically that all players with host, will be by default designated as team leaders.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#11 Post by Soulbourne »

I can host...but after one game my computer starts freezing a lot, and can't find the reign of chaos disc to load onto my new laptop...keep trying to type in pirate/Irish because of what's the current fad in this other games forum...

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#12 Post by Perhaps »

Have you considered extracting the Warcraft III registry to you Warcraft III folder, do a .rar archive splitting to make sure it fits to CD (it'll take probably 2 CDs), then of course unpacking to the other computer, open the registry, and edit registry as needed? I lost my CD keys for the installation I have, I just did that moving to my new computer.

If you need further info, you can get ahold of me...
MSN: HockeyCombat@hotmail.com
Yahoo!: HockeySaga
AIM: HockeyCombat

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#13 Post by Soulbourne »

I have the CD keys...didn't quite understand that, in a bit of a rush, I just can't find the CD...So did you say copy it onto a new disc? Pretty sure that won't work since I think it doesn't bring over all the programs on the disc to the computer...a relative tried to explain to me how to do that so it runs without disc but my attempt failed...that was over 4 years ago and I should try to do that again sometime....

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#14 Post by A_New_Dawn »

I love the idea, only problem is my internet is satellite and kinda slow...lol, otherwise go for it. Oh well, im sure Ill be playing with you guys by march or april...
hopefully. Thats when I plan to transfer to Walla Wallla University, my brother is going there right now and says they've got like 6mag speed...sure wish we did..anyway maybe in a few months?

See you then I guess...

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#15 Post by Perhaps »

I mean...
Goto registry... (Goto Run, and input 'regedit')
Export...
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III
save as: 01.reg
save to: ?:\Program File\Warcraft III (Install Directory)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Battle.net
save as: 02.reg

Export...
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Battle.net
save as: 03.reg

Export...
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III
save as: 04.reg

Close Regedit...

Now, .rar (or .zip, .ace) archive the Warcraft III directory [?:\Program Files\Warcraft III] in parts of 600mb.

Then burn each part to a CD.

Copy the first part on to the computer you wish to have Warcraft III.

Copy the second part to the exact same location.

Open the .rar file...

Extract the directory (Warcraft III) to ?:\Program Files

Then open go into the folder you extracted on to the computer...

Open the files...
01.reg
02.reg
03.reg
04.reg

Create a shortcut of Frozen Throne.exe
Move shortcut to location comfortable to you...

Create a shortcut of Warcraft III.exe
Move shortcut to location comfortable to you...

Plop in your working CD (Reign of Chaos or Frozen Throne, doesn't matter...) and play. If that doesn't work, contact me.

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#16 Post by A_New_Dawn »

I know this is off the subject but was curious what you got for a new computer soulbourne...?

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#17 Post by Soulbourne »

I dunno...it's a toshiba laptop but that is the extent of my knowledge...

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#18 Post by A_New_Dawn »

......Oh.............

Ion
Communist

#19 Post by Ion »

Hope this goes well :)