suggestions continued

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Seig_2
Regular
Regular

suggestions continued

#1 Post by Seig_2 »

Sorry about that Yak, my computer went shitty on me so I didnt get a chance to finish the enchants. Again.

Enchant 1 Enchant 2 Enchant 3 Enchant 4 Enchant 5 Enchant 6
+25 Attack Damage +20 Armor +10% Evocation Spell Damage Attack of corruption (-10 Armor for 60sec, cannot be dispelled) +25 Int +25 Str
+10 Agi +5 Str +10% Spell Damage Reduction +10 Armor
+10 Int +15 Int +200hp

Enchant 7
+25 Agi

well thats it. give me your response ASAP. thanxs,
--Sieg_2

P.S. remember, you can only have 2 enchants per ring.

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

Re: suggestions continued

#2 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Idk what Yak thinks of all this, but it strikes me as a bit like DotA. I don't want any huge "I-win" items in EotA; if I wanted that, I'd go play DotA. A lot of times, it seems, money is spent on items anyway; I'd rather see it go too the 'let's make the team win' cause, such as buying Workers, building Towers, hiring Heroes, and hiring Mercs.

Also, your format in these two posts is a little bad. I can't tell what enchant goes with what. And third: You really only need one thread for this.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#3 Post by Perhaps »

I don't think more items would hurt, just so long as those added items aren't over the top. The fact you can sell all non-consumable, non-artifact items for full price is rather nice. Being able to change your gear set for a minor gear adjust so that the game isn't "oh, I'm countered for good, a 10-30 minutes game over now." I still want to see Faction Artifact shops (race only items, with shop located at their side). -_-

Seig_2, use the Edit button.

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

Re: Race only items?

#4 Post by Seig_2 »

Hmm, race only items? that sounds kinda cool, lol, we will have to bug yak about that one.
--Sieg_2

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

#5 Post by Seig_2 »

Spend money on hiring people? wth for? whats the point of having 6 slots and all those items if your not going to use them? i think hiring masses of heros and spawns is a gay noob way to win, a truely skilled Eota lies NOT in the ability to hire more creeps than your enemies but in the skill and build of your hero. lets face it, if your where to consentrate your gold on hiring creeps and went against a fully or even partailly specd hero you'd get raped no matter what hero your were. everyone knows that 90% of the heroes in eota can 1 shot the creeps by lvl 30 so you would just be feeding them MORE gold! what a theory, no my friend, more items need to be added and LESS of creeps needed to be added. anyway.
--Sieg_2

Mills
Addict
Addict

#6 Post by Mills »

Thank goodness Seig_2 is here and finally telling me how to play EotA. Maybe now I can stop sucking and finally win a game!

Storamin
Addict
Addict
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#7 Post by Storamin »

Seig_2 wrote:Spend money on hiring people? wth for? whats the point of having 6 slots and all those items if your not going to use them? i think hiring masses of heros and spawns is a gay noob way to win, a truely skilled Eota lies NOT in the ability to hire more creeps than your enemies but in the skill and build of your hero. lets face it, if your where to consentrate your gold on hiring creeps and went against a fully or even partailly specd hero you'd get raped no matter what hero your were. everyone knows that 90% of the heroes in eota can 1 shot the creeps by lvl 30 so you would just be feeding them MORE gold! what a theory, no my friend, more items need to be added and LESS of creeps needed to be added. anyway.
--Sieg_2
SO SAITH THE LORD!!

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#8 Post by Soulbourne »

Hmm, just because no one else may...

First do mercs give gold, don't remember getting any from them...Second Those Merc heros are great, like the Dwarven blackgaurd from personal experience on both sides of his hammer...Also with the back-up to weaken your foes to make gold gain faster....I personally buy merc heros asap and mercs when I need extra power or when I'm too full to buy items anyways...And I'd gladly verse you to see what happens when I buy nothing and spawn every merc in the map at level 20...funny would it be if my instincts would let me skip items....maybe just half of them...Did I miss anything...o yeah those other guys are severely mocking you if you didn't know...I'm part of a forum that would holler at me to paragraph for this...
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#9 Post by Perhaps »

What did I say about using the Edit button? How you use your hero, is how you can effect the army heros and units that you pay for. Hero usage is always critical. The fact that a hero has another hero countered, you're optioned to use the flexible enviroment around you to change it up. You can't possibly tell me killing a player simple because by default your hero counters theirs. That's my favorite part of EotA over other AoS style maps, is the ever changing enviroment. In fact I would like to see it more army/hero synergized.

I don't believe Mercs give gold... But I do know a twisted thing for Mercs that's just plain vicious.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by Soulbourne »

And that is? About the vicious mercs part...

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#11 Post by Perhaps »

I can assume you peoples know. You all date back far back. ^_^ .b

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#12 Post by Soulbourne »

Hmm, guess I'm not old enough member...

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#13 Post by Perhaps »

Since you got the balls enough to admit it! I shall PM it to you! It's probably not as critical as it may seem though.

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Tehw00tz

#14 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

Seig_2 wrote:Spend money on hiring people? wth for? whats the point of having 6 slots and all those items if your not going to use them? i think hiring masses of heros and spawns is a gay noob way to win, a truely skilled Eota lies NOT in the ability to hire more creeps than your enemies but in the skill and build of your hero. lets face it, if your where to consentrate your gold on hiring creeps and went against a fully or even partailly specd hero you'd get raped no matter what hero your were. everyone knows that 90% of the heroes in eota can 1 shot the creeps by lvl 30 so you would just be feeding them MORE gold! what a theory, no my friend, more items need to be added and LESS of creeps needed to be added. anyway.
--Sieg_2
I've been doing it wrong for years
Backwards E's are badass

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

#15 Post by Seig_2 »

ok fine you may not get gold for hired creeps, thats beside the point. The point is that most heros will rape a hired army by lvl 30. Dont think so? ill list some for you.

Xeldarith--Holy Strike, my friend massed polar bears once during a game (had prpbably 30 of them), me and another friend raped. period. 2 hits of HS owned them all.
Arcane Mistress--comon her ult is crzy ownage you know that.
Ice spinner--I dont need to good into detail (FS one shots)
Infiltrator--Mines, omg.
Rune Knight--hazard slash, mana burn (cant remenber what its called but whatever), shield, GR.
Arcane Archer--Meteors
Scarab--Sleep, life wave (heals for over 2000)
the list goes on and on. look im not trying to spread animosity here and im sorry if i gave you that impression. i just saying the simple truth, ask anyone on the forum if any of the heros i just listed wouldnt own any army. i have nothing against hired creeps, they're excellent support if used for the right purposes. you may not earn money from killing hired creeps but you sure as heck get xp, alot of it. if your going to mass creeps your hero needs to be theyre for support (support heros) believe me, ive hired creeps and watched in horror as they were owned. the only thing it did was give my enemies about 3 lvl jump on me and 1500g down the drain. bottom line, if your into hiring creeps and have a good support hero (BP, T, S, C,) go for it! by all means, but some heres were just born to own creeps that just how it is. as for hiring other heros? hmm, not sure what to say about that, good id you need some extra pushers, but not any match against against a human player. we all know what would happen if Alex was unleased on hired heros. hired heros arent meant to kill other heros just support. not so convinced massing at lvl 20 would work. maybe 15 or lower. your forgeting that the other side can hire too and if they have troop killers your really doomed. its one thing to hire for support, its another if your looking for a noobie way to win. im not against hiring, just the idea that they completly own. hope this cleared things up.
--Sieg_2

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

#16 Post by Seig_2 »

by the way, did you guys view my good version of the enchants? the one that isnt shitty? hope so...

Mills
Addict
Addict

#17 Post by Mills »

Seig_2 wrote:everyone knows that 90% of the heroes in eota can 1 shot the creeps by lvl 30
Seig_2 wrote:Xeldarith--Holy Strike, my friend massed polar bears once during a game (had prpbably 30 of them), me and another friend raped. period. 2 hits of HS owned them all.
Oh great Seig_2, how come one of the best AoE heroes in the game needs to two hit when apparently 25.2 other heroes (Ya, 90% of 28 is 25.2 [29.7 heroes if you include merc heroes]. Also apparently only percentages of some heroes can 1 hit creeps.) in the game can 1 hit them?
Seig_2 wrote:Arcane Mistress--comon her ult is crzy ownage you know that.
Being how amazing at EotA you are, I thought you would know that her ult is actually bugged and takes the percentage of the units twice. In case you don't understand that means that it is around a 25% chance at level 1 (.5*.5=.25). So please inform me how at level 30 when the ult has the same chance of killing a unit as you guessing a correct answer on the SATs, which I assume you'll be doing/did alot of, is an effective way of killing masses of units?
Seig_2 wrote:Ice spinner--I dont need to good into detail (FS one shots)
You're an idiot, I don't need to go into detail here either (FS doesn't one shot, can be killed by standard attacks, and is dispellable).
Seig_2 wrote:Infiltrator--Mines, omg.
Consumables to detect invis and the next quote of yours I'll be putting up, omg.
Seig_2 wrote:1/3 of the heros have a invis seeing spell.
Sieg_2 wrote:Rune Knight--hazard slash, mana burn (cant remenber what its called but whatever), shield, GR.
In the fantasy world by level 30 when we have four spells specced high enough to be effective to wipe out creep waves this may be a valid point. Sadly when we are level 30 we don't have four skills at a high enough level to do something. Anyways, the passive part of the Hazard Slash skill is the strong point of it, Hazard slash itself isn't the best choice if you are going for spawn control. Mana Burn, well unless the RK turned into a DH, or became a SPriest from WoW I don't believe he has mana burn. For the sake of having to reply again to you though, it is actually usefull for CC, but like the DW I doubt you'll be one hitting fast. Last thing for RK... Rune Shield doesn't do much on creeps, and Grand Rune is one of the most interuptable ults in the game. Your hero doesn't have an interupt!? Oh ya, I think there are those consumables for that which you find useless so much.
Seig_2 wrote:Arcane Archer--Meteors
Interuptable, easily avoidable/random, and channeling. You'll only actually be able to get the full effect from it if the enemy wants to sit there and watch you use it.
Seig_2 wrote:Scarab--Sleep, life wave (heals for over 2000)
Nightmare might work if you have a good minute to keep all the creeps slept and have no enemy hero dispelling it. Oh ya, Life Wave really doesn't do much for...
Seig_2 wrote:rape a hired army by lvl 30
That was fun, havn't done that in awhile!

P.S.
Seig_2 wrote:by the way, did you guys view my good version of the enchants? the one that isnt shitty? hope so...
Learn to edit, at least then we can post how much they suck in one post rather than 3.

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

#18 Post by Seig_2 »

for one thing i dont spend endless amounts of time on this thing, and another its a chat room, not and essay, so stop telling me to edit. and your the idiot for saying frost spire DOESNT one shot, wth, i does, ask Yak, ive done it a hundred times, ice spinner is my favorite hero. I gotton it to do +2500.

Frost spire will one shot any hired creep at lvl 30. period.

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

#19 Post by Seig_2 »

ok, just tested it, FS did 1186dmg at lvl 30. thats close enough. yes Ice Spinner can take mobs by lvl 30, that was the whole point of my argumnet troxix.

had the following items,

orb of skill 4
evo gloves 5
scorcerors robes 3
int ring 3

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#20 Post by Tehw00tz »

That was fun, havn't done that in awhile!
You make me feel missed
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#21 Post by Dekar »

Everytime a hero instant kills a wave, he is vulnerable to skills of enemy heroes even if they dont have items, so they take damage over time and have to leave the lane sooner or later.
Heroes without items in a wave are generally saver than heroes with items without a wave as support.

One hero cant defend multiple lanes. Multiple lanes can be supported with units creating constant pushes.

Large pushes cant be completly instantkilled.

:arrow: Going for items is nice and fun, but it isnt neccesary to win. :|
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Mills
Addict
Addict

#22 Post by Mills »

Seig_2 wrote:ok, just tested it, FS did 1186dmg at lvl 30. thats close enough. yes Ice Spinner can take mobs by lvl 30, that was the whole point of my argumnet troxix.

had the following items,

orb of skill 4
evo gloves 5
scorcerors robes 3
int ring 3
A) In my opinion one shotting creeps means killing them in one swift shot instantly, not doing damage over time with an ice spire that is normally killed after 2-3 seconds.
B) In any real game against people that just didn't download the map five seconds ago, there is no way you will have that many items, especially upgraded that many times. EotA is generally won within the first 15 levels, and during these levels you need items and mercenaries that can turn the tide now and not 15 levels later.
C) This may not be an essay, but the edit button is still there. Just like any forum on the intrawebs you are suppose to use the edit button to add stuff to your original post instead of making three different topics for the same thing. No one wants to go opening multiple pages to find the same junk they could of found in one place. For instance I think I edited this post around 7 times now, instead of making 4 different posts for points and another 3 for typos.
D) I've had the courtesy to spell your name right and spend my time to understand the game, the least you could do is get one of them down.

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

#23 Post by Seig_2 »

that post was completly different from the others, so go and cry cuz i proved you wrong.

Mills
Addict
Addict

#24 Post by Mills »

Seig_2 wrote:that post was completly different from the others, so go and cry cuz i proved you wrong.
Does anyone else want to take this one?

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

#25 Post by Seig_2 »

Like how Toxix? wth are they going to say, just admit your were wrong and forget about it. Goodness.