AMHS v4.00 (now detects all public MH's and detects Minimap)

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
PandaMine
Wanderer
Wanderer

AMHS v4.00 (now detects all public MH's and detects Minimap)

#1 Post by PandaMine »

It is big, it is very big, in fact its quite ginormous. Have a look youself. Link to the system is
http://www.scumedit.net/forum/downloads ... file&id=40 (as always)

AMHS (Anti-Map Hack System)
Current Version: 4.00

MAJOR RELEASE, THE SYSTEM IS NOW FULLY STABLE AND COUNTERS
ALL PUBLIC MH's
This is a list of all the MH's that the system counters and specifically which options (only
public ones listed, dont really care about private mh's but the system will most likely
counter them as well)

ShadowFrenches Map Hack
- All Fog Of War (if the fog of war is revealed in any way the map will crash for the player). This is done with FogDetect engine
- Reveal Invisible - This is done with InvisDetect
- MiniMap - will prevent ShadowFrench from revealing any units however the MH can still detect pings from players (the next version of AMH system will prevent SF map hack from detecting pings sent from JASS triggers). It is however impossible (in JASS) to stop Shadow Frenches map hack from showing pings made by enemy players due to the limitations in JASS. Also the MiniMap protect will not stop SF MH from revealing the fog on the minimap (although units still cannot be seen)
- Things the system can't counter (and most likely will never be able to counter due to JASS's limitations)
- Reveal Illusion (might possibly be done in the future, highly unlikely)
- Show all heroes in sidebar (most likely not possible however not such a big problem)
- Prevent showing of health bars (isnt really an issue at all)
Carnage
- Stops all of Carnages features except for Health Bars (not really an issue) and clicking unseen units (this is countered through FogDetect anyways)

IMap
- Counters everything except for Control Unit (if requested this can be done in future version of AMHS) and reveal MiniMap fog (still prevents the minimap from revealing units though)

Chaotic Map Hack
- Counters everything (its simple anyways)

Zero Craft
- Counters everything including all modes (full, strategic and off)

Everest
- Counters everything except for illusion reveal

ProMap
- Counters everything

Edge Map Hack
- Counters everything
v4.00
- NOTE: In this version it is HIGHLY recommended that you fully delete any old version
of AMHS (including the variables) and then install the new system
- A very silly error that sometimes causes the map to unintentionally crash in certain
situations has been fixed (FogDetect)
- The system now counters all the major features of all public Map Hacks (read MH List trigger)
- FogDetect has completely been reworked, now uses corrupted models (please read the
readmes and configuration settings). It also uses a buffer and efficiency greatly improved
- InvisDetect has been completely reworked, now only uses corrupted models (please read
the readmes and configuration settings), it is also much much more efficient so you
can increase the buffer to insane levels
- The system no longer uses rectangles at all, it now uses points (read the readme's for
more info)
- MiniMap detect has been introduced which prevents the Mini-Map from revealing units that
are not visible
- 2 extra files need to be copied into your map, modelcrash.mdx (for both FogDetect/InvisDetect)
and MiniMap-Blank.blp for MiniMap protect
- Test map has been greatly improved, in order to create test Units use computers (or real players).
You can now test the systems seperatly to see how they work

v3.20
- This will be the last release before v4, which will contain pure jass methods of
detecting MH and all MH's, not just the popular ones
- An issue with desyncs (only in replays, not in actualy gameplay) has been fixed
- Another issue with the map un-intentionally crashing when a flame-strike based spell is cast
on trees in the area where the corrupted lightning is. This has been fixed, which means the
FogDetect system also uses a buffer like InvisDetect (it no longer uses fog to conceal a
visible point, it will search for another location on the map that is not visible to the player)
- A missing variable (AMHS_InGameOutPut) has been put into the Required Variable triggers\
- Handle leaks have been fixed

v3.0
- THIS IS INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT. Since cinematic mode removes fog, it will cause the
map to crash if you view the lightning rectangle. In the new version there is an
option to enable/disable the Fog Detect and Invis Detect engines if you are in
cinematic mode
- I recommend this version for public use, after extensive testing it seems all
bugs and desync problems have been fixed :)
- Now I really mean it, the function properly uses GetLocalPlayer method without
desyncs, no dummy units and the function is a lot less noticable
- The InGameFunction is only called once to save on efficiency
- You now have a choice if you want to save replays at the cost of initializing
the replay engine which is very noticable (can be hidden if done during a cinematic)
- The readmes are generally clearer to understand
- Properly updated the Required Variable triggers (in previous version some
variables were missing)
- Quick Tips have been added to make it easier for people to install the system

v2.20
- The sync method used by the function to detect replays was too noticable in the game
(dummy units and such could actually be seen), the function now uses GetLocalPlayer to
sync the cameras properly

- The info in the map descriptions and loading screens have been fixed

v2.10
- Accidentally left a boolean named udg_temp in the map

- ExecuteFunc error in the Fog Detect engine caused the map to crash when
Fog Detect was initialized (fixed)

- the temp used to create the fog is now checked if it exists before destroyed

- Fixed what could be some possible leaks with the dummy units in InvisDetect

v2.00 (Major Changes This Version)
- Finally a 100% fail proof function was found that could detect replays, so the
system is now compatible with replays even in multiplayer (thx heaps to Toad Cop,
Captain Griffein and PyroGasm)
- Because of the replay detection function, when the engine's initilize they will
create a very slight pause (which can be noticable in game play)
- The AMHS system has been seperated into different modules so not only is it a
lot easier for myself to edit but also easier for users to modify the configuration
settings
- Finally the InvisDetect system is fully functional and even more a hell of a lot
more efficient, it searches manually for each force which means substancially less
searches, which means you can have your buffer set to 20 and in 99% of situations
it will never go higher. On the downside this means it has to create more units
(handles), however previously in some situations there was a huge amount of lag
because simply put a point wasn't found that satisfied all forces. This way the
maximum amount of searches required is usually around 5, and for a few more units
thats a very good price to pay

v1.20b
- The function to determine if the game was a replay does not work in multiplayer, in
fact it disabled the system altogether in mutiplayer. Because of this the function
has been removed which means yet again turning off fog in replays will cause Wc3 to
crash (sorry)

v1.20
- A possible abuse for the replay bug has now been fixed (issue with full Gamecache)
- Efficiency of the map has increased (checks if player exists before executing code
etc)
- Problem with InvisDetect system were it did more random checks then it needed to is
now fixed

v1.10
- The replay bug is now fixed, you can view your map in replays even with Fog Of War
turned off
- A new system that detects when maphack reveals invisible units (check the readme and
configuration for more info

v1.00 Initial Release

PandaMine
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: AMHS v4.00 (now detects all public MH's and detects Minimap)

#2 Post by PandaMine »

There has been an issue with v4.00 (in terms of multiplayer not working properly and searching mechanism issues). It has been fixed in v4.10, the link is the same (http://www.scumedit.net/forum/downloads ... file&id=40)

AlienFromBeyond
Resident
Resident

#3 Post by AlienFromBeyond »

Too bad this map is dead now.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#4 Post by Tehw00tz »

Just because Yak has stuff to do doesn't make the map dead. The attitude of this place probally drove him away, everyone whining about why 1.11 took so long, why it was full of bugs, etc etc. It's not like he has to, if he wants to that's fine. If he feels obligated, I feel sorry for him that the entire community acts like how we do.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by Storamin »

Tehw00tz wrote:Just because Yak has stuff to do doesn't make the map dead. The attitude of this place probally drove him away, everyone whining about why 1.11 took so long, why it was full of bugs, etc etc. It's not like he has to, if he wants to that's fine. If he feels obligated, I feel sorry for him that the entire community acts like how we do.
well...

we are retarded, but its still an awesome map.

PandaMine
Wanderer
Wanderer

#6 Post by PandaMine »

It would be a pity if EotA was abandoned, it is such an aweasome map (its another pity it isnt so popular anymore because many thought the project was abandoned some time back).

You have to realise the Yark is on his own here, he programs the whole map by himself and so it is not suprising to say the least that there are going to be bugs and it will take some time.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#7 Post by Perhaps »

PandaMine wrote:It would be a pity if EotA was abandoned, it is such an aweasome map (its another pity it isnt so popular anymore because many thought the project was abandoned some time back).

You have to realise the Yark is on his own here, he programs the whole map by himself and so it is not suprising to say the least that there are going to be bugs and it will take some time.
I've told him to consider building a team, but it doesn't seem like he's made a move for that. -_-

I would help on the deal, but I got one take over project on Starcraft to wrap up. Then three more Starcraft maps to do, then I'll finally be on Warcraft III for map editing I'll be building somewhat of a clone of the Starcraft project I'm on now. Then I should be available.

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#8 Post by Storamin »

Perhaps wrote:
PandaMine wrote:It would be a pity if EotA was abandoned, it is such an aweasome map (its another pity it isnt so popular anymore because many thought the project was abandoned some time back).

I've told him to consider building a team, but it doesn't seem like he's made a move for that. -_-

I would help on the deal, but I got one take over project on Starcraft to wrap up. Then three more Starcraft maps to do, then I'll finally be on Warcraft III for map editing I'll be building somewhat of a clone of the Starcraft project I'm on now. Then I should be available.
1998 called. it wants starcraft back.

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#9 Post by Kibiyama »

Storamin wrote:1998 called. it wants starcraft back.
It was probably drunk-dialing.
98% of all people think Perhaps is a faggot. If you are in this 98%, put this in your sig.
Tehw00tz wrote:I miss my headset. This headset only covers two of my ears.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#10 Post by Perhaps »

Starcraft has a much larger selection of interesting maps to play, and a higher frequency of interesting maps to play. And it's "old" as you say, which is quite sad for Warcraft III being "superior" and all.