fountains

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.

For kedge landing do you want the fountains back in the right lane?

Put two fountains back
20%
Put 1 in the middle
No votes
Don't have them
80%

Total votes: 10

low68
Wanderer
Wanderer

fountains

#1 Post by low68 »

Now in Kedge's landing the fountains on the right lane have been deleted and you always have to tele back to heal. I suggest the fountains be put back or 1 fountain in the middle.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

Re: fountains

#2 Post by Dekar »

It may be better to make the front outpost T2, because healing fountains at mid would make it even harder to stop/counter a push past the moontear position.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

FutatsuNoOmoi
Resident
Resident

#3 Post by FutatsuNoOmoi »

The problem with fountains at such easy access in a key area as such, is classes that were built to be mana heavy to counter balance their fleet of powerful skills, now will have a beefed up mana pool, without any cost.

Storamin
Addict
Addict
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#4 Post by Storamin »

You want to force people to leave because the right lane is so important.

BLUEPOWERVAN
Regular
Regular

#5 Post by BLUEPOWERVAN »

I wish the left lane had very few towers and the right lane had many... I dont know why he went the other way around with the map... never made any sense to me.

He helped it a little last revision, but I never really understood why left wasn't profoundly more easy to attack. I mean, the reason to spawn troops and push right is obvious, so you can get moon cores. But why you would push left when it's well towered and has no cores is beyond me.... if it was easier to push left than tright, I'd understand it... if anything i tseems harder

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#6 Post by Dekar »

Because the siege towers on the left side do also attack the waves on the right side and deals more than 100 siege damage with a quite large AoE?
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

AlienFromBeyond
Resident
Resident

#7 Post by AlienFromBeyond »

Dekar wrote:It may be better to make the front outpost T2, because healing fountains at mid would make it even harder to stop/counter a push past the moontear position.
This is what I would do, I even often find my self going to the outpost thinking it will heal, and then remember it won't.

BLUEPOWERVAN
Regular
Regular

#8 Post by BLUEPOWERVAN »

I understand those stupid towers exist, but they do not determine the course of the game like moontears or a fallen outpost can. Yes they do _something_ but if you can't destroy the lefthand outpost, then the other team will get to use those same towers against you anyway. If you push hard there but can't take the outpost, you might be able to control them 66% of the time instead of 50% of the time? wooptido man.

I wasn't going to insult people by even mentioning the towers, because anybody experienced enough to bother with this forum already knows the towers are a failed attempt to balance the lefthand side of the map. Thanks for pretending I don't know that there are towers that can do a whopping 100 siege damage on a long cooldown to an area around a random target in the enemy horde. In practice it is in no way comparable to moontears

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#9 Post by jamn455 »

Honestly, I was in a pub where it was 4 on the left and 1 on the right(me asking for help all game). My team was getting destroyed on the left side, and I couldnt push at all because of 2 cannon towers killing everything I would try to merc and push with. They can do quite a deal of damage to a push if they arent watched.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

BLUEPOWERVAN
Regular
Regular

#10 Post by BLUEPOWERVAN »

so, if you are playing a game where only 1 person on your team plays right, AND your team loses the left, you are in trouble? wow those towers must be great... or maybe its just that your team is committing all but 1 of its heroes to the weakest side and still losing it...

I guess I should have added that the towers are not important in an ordinary game where more than 1 person is pushing right... thereby avoiding right side pushes taking forever with inadequate healing to get hurt badly by the cannon towers...

FutatsuNoOmoi
Resident
Resident

#11 Post by FutatsuNoOmoi »

One thing I've thought about, is that maybe the moontear could alternate spawn between left and right, and random which one the first spawn is. Certainly give desirability for both lanes.

BLUEPOWERVAN
Regular
Regular

#12 Post by BLUEPOWERVAN »

^^^I think this would also be a good suggestion

LordSuzaku
Regular
Regular

#13 Post by LordSuzaku »

I'd say buff the towers until they are equally as important as the moontears. Maybe make them really harm building or something, they ARE seige towers after all.
*Disclaimer*

LordSuzaku does not have complete control of his opinions as he is actually a pair of brothers.

FutatsuNoOmoi
Resident
Resident

#14 Post by FutatsuNoOmoi »

Or instead of the cannon towers and sentry period, just have control points. That spawn additional units at each base for each spawn tick (added by mercinary units). At the bridge in the middle of the left side, on either side of it would have special control points, that when you first control it, it's an additional units for each base, the longer you hold it, the more units it offers. While the moontear still spawns on the right and cores are rewarded. Surely seems like a cross between obelisks, villagers, but it's less random than villagers, and doesn't exactly share the same dynamics as obelisk control.

Just throwing another idea out there. If you feel like throwing in tweaks to further develope it, be my guest.