Dear Yak

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Crull
Wanderer
Wanderer

Dear Yak

#1 Post by Crull »

I remember and miss the past map style, when eota's ver is 1.05..

Upgraded army was enough strong..

Now, for example with holstrike cast by high int divine wizard, (even if the targets are armys well upgraded at health point) they can't survive by just one shot !

I think this problem is caused by item upgrading system..

need some nuff at item's stat bonus.

or limit damage of AOE skill to prevent that problem. plz

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

Re: Dear Yak

#2 Post by Discombobulator »

At such a high level, a hero killer can kill the DW in less time then he can kill a spawn wave.
I'm this forum's MVP.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#3 Post by Tehw00tz »

A lot of us miss the old EotA, but times change. EotA grew [even more] unpopular in the time it took Yak to release 1.11. The best way to get more players is changing things, even if it causes a few to quit playing.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

BLUEPOWERVAN
Regular
Regular

#4 Post by BLUEPOWERVAN »

this true, I think even if only generic upgrades were back spd/armour/health/resistance/spellcaster-magic (attack)damage/ranged attack dmg/melee attack damage, things could be better

would help reduce towers/reduce stalemates later in game, reduce stacked heroes, reward ppl for holding more towns (right now it sort of penalizes because other side gets bounty/exp increase)

I know you wanted to replace it with the perfect system but even a simple upgrade system better than none at all

EDIT: that reminds me I really would like to suggest that maybe units that spawn from non-native purchased bases don't provide gold/exp... I see them as basically the same deal as spawn tower or mercenary troops... you earn (gold/obs control/push their base down) then spend (gold or tower cores) on them, and its all good, no xp/gold to the enemy to make you regret.