Undead Balance in 1.11e and Gloom

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

Undead Balance in 1.11e and Gloom

#1 Post by Dekar »

Replay included.

Gloomite System is not that good:
While its partly too new to be used effectivly, it requires a great amount of macro and micro to protect the workers and thus distracts far more than obelisks, which only have to be build once and then you just have to defend this single lane.
On the offensive aspect, they can be killed easily and if youre going specifically on lines with workers on them, you basically can win the game through core advantage.
Visible on the replay: After some gametime, some of the workers of the bottom left base are basically guaranteed to mine the gloomite on the top mid lane ( and other spots I guess ) and thus you can go for them as I did. The other players on my team killed workers from time to time, too, resulting in about 65%:20% for us in the end.

Gargs buff skill is ownage:

Replay: In the early game I had a tripple buffed necro and was attacked by 2 heroes. Both died to the ~160 damage of the necro. As we started to build spawntowers, I tripple buffed 2 firespawns until the wave reached a base. They killed a tower in 3,5 attacks and were near impossible to kill. You can combine the buffed units with dive to get the units attention on the hero, making it hard to defend the base. Or get an AoE nuker to get rid of the spawns and kill the base in a single go. Also the buff cant be dispelled.

Rue:

Permanent high movespeed, a good nuke and mass hp are generally a wicked combination.

Random stuff:
Gargs innate seems to negate Degeneration.
Garg buffed summoned units dont heal on buff.
Attachments
gloom and garg.w3g
(243.41 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

AedharinSadai
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Undead Balance in 1.11e and Gloom

#2 Post by AedharinSadai »

Regarding the Gloom system my idea would be to only make like 6 big Gloomites and place them where the obelisks were.
This would make it much easier to macro, as to now its nearly impossible and the team with "miner luck" would always have a big advantage.