1,11e Candleburg

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

1,11e Candleburg

#1 Post by DarnYak »

How's ths playing out in everyone's opinions? Less lag? Longer or shorter games? More or less fun?

DarnYak

Furion
Resident
Resident

Re: 1,11e Candleburg

#2 Post by Furion »

After over 3 hours of playing and 111 hero kills, the game would have been decided if i hadnt had to go urgently~~

Considering this one may think its a bit hard to get an advantage on candle since the number of mercs and spawn available are just insufficent...

Suggestion:
-make the lumber shop things (or whatever sägewerk in english means) give cores
-and place them more to the center of the map
other wise the game will still remain pending since both team get the same amount of cores while fighting in the middle

i just look for a way to attach this replay but it remains telling me "internal server error [...] additionally [...] 404"
Let our last stand burn a memory so bright it will be remembered FOREVER!

-Artanis

FutatsuNoOmoi
Resident
Resident

#3 Post by FutatsuNoOmoi »

I haven't played it, but if the changes villager fix, and decreased spawns (increased spawn timer). If a seige could could be built up, the other side wouldn't be able to spawn fast enough to eliminate the threat and the game could end when it should, or damage to base would be done that should. On the flip side that same seige wouldn't be long lived since it wouldn't have enough spawns to feed its size. Also since there is less army, there will be less leveling, meaning win by superior leveling tactics wouldn't open the gap as fast as it did before. This is just a theory. ^_^ .V

So my theory is correct. One thing that could work, starting with example numbers, is have one side have a spawn time of 25, and the other team with the spawn time of 50, and after 4.5 minutes, it would swap the timers, providing an always intensive offense and intensive defense. And at the end of both sides' lane, just before the towers and the up hill location, would be a mini structure for the team that allows that team to direct the army which one to go to. On top of that or if nothing else bring back generators. ^_^ .V

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by DarnYak »

Old thread, but I never got many impressions, so bump.

DarnYak

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#5 Post by Soulbourne »

The game is either really long, really short, or becomes one-sided battles that they never quite get to finish.

Also, what does the lumbermills do?
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by DarnYak »

Soulbourne wrote:Also, what does the lumbermills do?
They give upgrade energy, which obviously isn't used

DarnYak

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#7 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Lol, wondered for the lonest time what the heck those mills did.

Laser_Wolf
Regular
Regular
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#8 Post by Laser_Wolf »

I think that Candleburg is a good map for fewer players. The games are usually shorter, but can last as long as a normal game depending on the situation. The map is good for beginners to learn the game, in that they don't have to learn a boatload of things the first time around. Its a good addition to the maps that already existed. Especially if you want to play a 1v1 or 2v2.
I go by the name of Lazar_Wolf.
I am not a tailor.

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#9 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Yeah, and candle is a fun map anyway. Love the little town, cornfields, its nice. :D

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#10 Post by jamn455 »

I think candleburg is great because it is one of those maps where it can be a stalemate and one wrong decision can just end the game for you. It is a map where you must be on the edge at all times, and when you throw a PotA into the mix, all hell breaks loose.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#11 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Not having to worry about obilisk control is nice too. :)

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#12 Post by Reaper »

I love candleburg becuase you are forced to work together as a team at all times, and you can face a team of people working together. You get to see a lot of hero combinations that otherwise wouldn't be quite as useful.

For example, a little abberation+ki blitz+ascendents aoe heal+ martyr ultimate, etc. Rarely get to see all of those working together at once on other maps.
[Reaper]