Needed Talents

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

Re: Needed Talents

#26 Post by Soulbourne »

So a spell that bursts a blast of ice magic, freezing cells and damaging target, and having an AoE of cold slowing down those around said target? Or was expunge single target?
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

randomd00d
Regular
Regular

#27 Post by randomd00d »

Expunge is single target.

Frost shock, for those unfamiliar with World of Warcraft, is a shaman ability with moderate range that nukes an enemy for some damage, and also slows their movement for X seconds.

There is no AoE component to it. Its a click n nuke like Rend Sole (oww my feets), Divine Vengence, Arcane Mistress Ethereal Zap, etc.

EoTA approximate version:

Frosshawk! - Slows movement just like expunge did. Its a purge that does not dispel anything. Cooldown 30 seconds. Also deals damage like so:
1 60mana 50 + 1.0 INT
2 70 70 + 1.2INT
3 80 90 + 1.4INT
4 90 120 + 1.6INT
5 100 150 + 1.8INT
6 110 190 + 2.0 INT

Talent: Frostbite - A target affected by frosshawk also loses 25/50/75% attack rate for 8 seconds.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#28 Post by DarnYak »

Frost shock was oneof the first considerations I had, but not only is it a little to plain for my preferences, but i also try to stick the WoW ripoffs to 1 per hero.

DarnYak

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#29 Post by Soulbourne »

Yes...no elemental totems in wc3...all WoW.

And don't you have 3 ripoffs on him?
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

randomd00d
Regular
Regular

#30 Post by randomd00d »

Yak, I see where you are coming from, but Expunge is a Purge basically which could be considered a ladder rip.

Sure Frost Shock is a WoW rip, but mechanically it is unique. I dont think there is any other movespeed debuff plus direct damage currently. Besides, Shaman could use some love.

But, if you dont like it, Im sure you can come up with something more interesting that hopefully can fill the void of needing another snare and some direct damage.

You could always keep it as Expunge namewise, and change the purge effect to a direct damage...keeping the same movespeed hoze. Then it could be a kill-spell more like Magic the gathering!...er..oops. ;-)

Oh well, Ive hijacked this topic enough. Ill shaddup now. :-)

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#31 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Hmm, his fire totems are kinda useless their cooldown is too long to be very effective.

maybe have them do D.O.T dmg? in an AoE or something. And shorten the cooldown!

His other totems are fine.