What to do about not upgrading scroll

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.

Should the non-tempered scrolls explode if a player does not temper it within 5 minutes?

Yes, If they don't temper it, they should 'splode.
17%
Yes, maybe that will teach them a lesson.
17%
Yes to Proposition 756!
44%
No, the NOOB text is good enough.
11%
No, if they 'splode that team loses the free ob.
11%

Total votes: 18

Furion
Resident
Resident

Re: What to do about not upgrading scroll

#26 Post by Furion »

It shouldnt loose the ability to be sold -.-

But i think that the mere exploding would rather make them leave or flame instead of actually thinking of what they had done wrong.
I have noticed that people dont use the scroll because they dont read it (or dont even understand it).
They just take a look at the tooltip that pops up and when they see that it just contains text they ignore it, this may happen due to the fact that in other maps items which just include text are useless and just contain "help"/credit.
Let our last stand burn a memory so bright it will be remembered FOREVER!

-Artanis

Furion
Resident
Resident

#27 Post by Furion »

It shouldnt loose the ability to be sold -.-

But i think that the mere exploding would rather make them leave or flame instead of actually thinking of what they had done wrong.
I have noticed that people dont use the scroll because they dont read it (or dont even understand it).
They just take a look at the tooltip that pops up and when they see that it just contains text they ignore it, this may happen due to the fact that in other maps items which just include text are useless and just contain "help"/credit.

Concerning these the atomated upgrade suggestion of omoi seem not a that bad idea, but maybe make people able to choose wether they want that explanation or not at the start of the game. If they still ignore it you can still make them explode, but let them keep the scroll so they can actually learn from their mistake or explode again.
Let our last stand burn a memory so bright it will be remembered FOREVER!

-Artanis

FutatsuNoOmoi
Resident
Resident

#28 Post by FutatsuNoOmoi »

The reason I say it should only be skipped if everyone in the game makes that choice, with the experienced players code, is so that other players don't feel discouraged going through it because they're losing time. And like I said, it would remove the elitism of trying to upgrade it soon as possible and what not. Then everyone would always have it done at the same time.

Daeatul
Visitor
Visitor

#29 Post by Daeatul »

Well a lot of these idea however amusing would just hurt the already small community of Eota. Really only thing needing to be done is that the scroll will drop out of your inventory if you leave the main base that way atleast some people who have a clue can use it instead of bein screwed over by having to wait to build the other obelisk themselves.

LordSuzaku
Regular
Regular

#30 Post by LordSuzaku »

Just out of curiosity, have you actually played in a public game and tried to get the people you play with upgrade a scroll? Some don't relenquish it, some just sell the tower and buy an item for themself, generally, the floating noob text isn't enough. It is not easy to get people to use the scrolls right.
*Disclaimer*

LordSuzaku does not have complete control of his opinions as he is actually a pair of brothers.