Problematic Air?

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
FutatsuNoOmoi
Resident
Resident

Problematic Air?

#1 Post by FutatsuNoOmoi »

Some say it needith a disadvantage-ith. But at the same time, as we know, we done not be wanting them to be of the nerfed status. Well of the anyway, or anyhow, whichever you prefer of those two... Maybe perhaps provide a wind current system, that the flying heros must follow to be able to move. And if they don't move along them, their move speed will decrease, and eventually to stop, and land on the ground. And have to retake off. It would definently make air harder to use, and limit them in a way. If nothing else it would be fun stuff.

JUST AN IDEA, OKAY?! So get off my dick. And try to find ways to better the idea, rather than only seeing negative. Look back on how garbage older version of EotA were, then think. "Oh that should have been discarded altogether, and not have the map that is developing now." ^_^

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Re: Problematic Air?

#2 Post by Tehw00tz »

I think 1.10 was better than 1.11
To say the older versions were garbage seems to be out of ignorance, but to each his own.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#3 Post by mianmian »

Its a interesting Idea, but I think it would be too harsh, no matter how "soft" it would be, to flying heroes, and theres only 2 of em... so I still really dont find it that big of a problem :p
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

FutatsuNoOmoi
Resident
Resident

#4 Post by FutatsuNoOmoi »

Well, make more flying heros. I think it's about time Yak starts to expand on the already existing 1.10 races[edit]. And actually I was voiding 1.10 out my statement. I consider 1.11 a deluded 1.10 with an extra race. Hell if there were more air heros, and maybe another air spawn tower unit added to the selection of all the races, air hit only abilities would be viable to have in the game. ^_^
Last edited by FutatsuNoOmoi on August 6th, 2007, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by mianmian »

I like that :D more AIr everything :D
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

LordSuzaku
Regular
Regular

#6 Post by LordSuzaku »

interesting concept however i think there should be a reward of a speed bonus for following the air, instead of being at the regular speed
*Disclaimer*

LordSuzaku does not have complete control of his opinions as he is actually a pair of brothers.

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

#7 Post by Pheonick »

It's a good idea, but perhaps too complex? Maybe just a tiring trigger where if flying heroes stay out of bases for too long they lose movement speed or mana until a point where they are forced to land and walk back. If they get stuck, the harpy could have a 'jump' ability added to her innate which allows her 3s of free flight movement or something, Ascendant can just use terra smash to get out of an enclosed area. While wind currents are interesting, they may be too taxing an addition to EotA - correct me if I'm overestimating.
I've been told that, with major surgery, I can become a preeetty good combination doorstep and draft excluder.

I feel...zomg.

"Stop getting up at night, just pee in your closet, it's that easy!" - Billy May

Demongod86
Regular
Regular

#8 Post by Demongod86 »

Why not just add a hard counter that absolutely screws over flying heroes if people choose to implement it? You know, like amulet of detection = GG infiltrator, we need some permanent item of GGing flyers.
/you SHUT THE FUCK UP, GODDAMMIT!

FutatsuNoOmoi
Resident
Resident

#9 Post by FutatsuNoOmoi »

You know, if an Infiltrator has a zephyer totem, and/or malicious escape. If the target hero doesn't have you targetted, and has aggro on another unit, you can use blink with a shifted AOO to hit them, or stun/disable type moves, or whatever the other many possibilities that bend to the situation. The key is creativity, and should remain that way as well as making it more so the key. ^_^ .v

Demongod86
Regular
Regular

#10 Post by Demongod86 »

Is there a secret skill infilt has to stun/disable an enemy hero?
/you SHUT THE FUCK UP, GODDAMMIT!

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#11 Post by Hammel »

Trapping Net? Dunno if it works, but it matches the description (not really her own skill, but it should help getting AoO in... and that is the only reason for her to disable)... and btw, this isnt a thread about infil but air... ~~

FutatsuNoOmoi
Resident
Resident

#12 Post by FutatsuNoOmoi »

Demongod86 wrote:Is there a secret skill infilt has to stun/disable an enemy hero?
  Narrow minded, wannabe solo super man mentality. I will give you the options to look further into it and see the light, or just bask in ignorance. ^_^ .v

Furion
Resident
Resident

#13 Post by Furion »

eota is already complex...
if this would be added and some other things like that
...it would get completely messed up

despite the idea isnt that bad
Let our last stand burn a memory so bright it will be remembered FOREVER!

-Artanis

FutatsuNoOmoi
Resident
Resident

#14 Post by FutatsuNoOmoi »

EotA isn't as complex as you may like to think. =\

[POST ADDITION]
  You could say that the the learning experience is a complex one, but on the flipside that doesn't mean it's anymore difficult to learn than other maps, such as DotA that has a retarded abundancy of heros and information basis on a community that n00bse you if you ask. Or a simply but decently optionable map, but with a poor layout that is disorganised(not complex, just lacking order), or the maps rely on secret information that effects game balance, golems for example, needing specific combinations to make things, too time consuming for something so simple. If you ask me, EotA: Twilight is probably one of the most complex maps to learn, but at the same time is probably one of the easiest to learn... if you're compitent.