A few gripes with the AI

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Crazyedd
Regular
Regular
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: NagaSpawn

A few gripes with the AI

#1 Post by Crazyedd »

Hey, I got back into this game a while ago, but not many people in the Europe region play it, so I prefer to play by myself against the AI.
However, I feel like the AI is really erratic. On Normal difficulty, they're too easy, but on Insane difficulty, they're given too many free stats and perks.

Could you tell me what exactly the AI get when they're on Insane mode, because it seems like they have infinite gold to teleport everywhere, and near-infinite tower cores to create ridiculously large pushes.
I wouldn't mind this, if it wasn't for the fact that the Insane AI for my team are near-on useless. Sure, they can teleport all they like, but they rarely place down generators or spawners, unless we're winning.

So, all I'm saying is either nerf the enemy AI a bit, and strip them of some of their stupid perks, or buff the allied AI so that they actually send out mercenary waves and hire workers to repair structures and build generators/spawners.

aegir ravenking
Resident
Resident

Re: A few gripes with the AI

#2 Post by aegir ravenking »

http://eota.emufarmers.com/wiki/AI

Basically, the bonuses only apply to teams without human players. I don't even remember if Insane AI on teams uses the teleport scrolls.

Also, we play Saturday/Sunday on eastern server. I think bot hosts all servers though, I can't speak for time in Europe, but here on east coast US time, we start about 4pm.
Formerly known as kevin.mentor.
Darlocks and Psilons forever!

Crazyedd
Regular
Regular
Battle.net name: NagaSpawn

#3 Post by Crazyedd »

I'll try it out, but I remember my ping being pretty high when I played with you guys a while back. I might just play a splitpusher like Gravel or something.

Jouven
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Df1-Jouven

#4 Post by Jouven »

About the scheduled games... theoretically we start at 22:00 CET/CEST, but in reality people lurk in the clan channel on the east server until there are enough players, which normally happens around 22:30. If you are from Europe like me you shouldn't have any lag because the bot is in Netherlands, I'm from Spain and I get like 50ms +-10ms. You can check it yourself, search for EotaJou, it's always on autohosting when we aren't doing scheduled games, join the current game, spoof-check and do a .ping to check the latency.

Huh, didn't know about http://eota.emufarmers.com/wiki/AI, the information is pretty updated