Eve of the Apocalypse: Twilight

An Aeon of Strife map for Warcraft 3
It is currently April 25th, 2018, 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Annoyances
PostPosted: June 10th, 2012, 1:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Going to do a pass of trying to clean up things that are annoying, particularly if they aren't difficult to get rid of.

Top of my list:
- Polymorph effects
- Bugged unit upgrades

DarnYak

Post subject: Re: Annoyances
PostPosted: June 10th, 2012, 4:03 pm 
Jelly Doughnut

-Imbalanced teams

Just super annoying

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

PostPosted: June 16th, 2012, 3:46 am 
Resident
Resident

Quote:
-Imbalanced teams

Isn't that what the ingame "re-balance" tool is for?

PostPosted: June 17th, 2012, 10:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

So no annoyances at all in EotA, awesome.

DarnYak

PostPosted: June 17th, 2012, 1:50 pm 
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

Oh, I overlooked this thread.

Candleburg shouldn't be included with the random map selection.
You could try increasing mobility in Gloom more as it's sometimes a pain to walk around 1/3 the map trying to defend the lone towers/digmasters.
Harpy.

Just to mention it somewhere: At VF, it always seems like one team will inevitably dominate Font battles which takes away the fun of playing there. It seems much harder to make a comeback there than the other maps due to its emphasis on heroes.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2012, 3:16 pm 
Resident
Resident

Quote:
Going to do a pass of trying to clean up things that are annoying, particularly if they aren't difficult to get rid of.

How about removing the effect that negates the HP/mana potions once attacked? Or at the very least just from a non-hero attack? (ie a spawn attack). I can understand having this effect placed on heroes, but applying across the board seems excessive....

The CD for summons could be reduced, and maybe even a price reduction implemented as well. I feel they don't get enough use because of this. Alternatively, some of them could use a buff. The elemental summons, in particular, are weak and largely ineffective, while the skeles, ooze, and serpent's attack, armor, HP seem fairly reasonable, they strike me as somewhat weak for the lengthy CD time between using each potion.

Just a few. I'm do some singles see if they are any other things.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2012, 8:34 pm 
Corpse
Corpse

SuIIy wrote:
Quote:

How about removing the effect that negates the HP/mana potions once attacked? Or at the very least just from a non-hero attack? (ie a spawn attack). I can understand having this effect placed on heroes, but applying across the board seems excessive....

The CD for summons could be reduced, and maybe even a price reduction implemented as well. I feel they don't get enough use because of this. Alternatively, some of them could use a buff. The elemental summons, in particular, are weak and largely ineffective, while the skeles, ooze, and serpent's attack, armor, HP seem fairly reasonable, they strike me as somewhat weak for the lengthy CD time between using each potion.

Just a few. I'm do some singles see if they are any other things.

Healing Salves and Clarity Potions are non-combat consumables because they cost less and give more than normal health/mana potions.

Skeleton summons are among one of the most powerful things in the game in the early stages so they need no buff.

The only thing that annoys me about the game is how much you have changed it from what it used to be when it was good.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2012, 12:03 am 
Resident
Resident

Quote:
The only thing that annoys me about the game is how much you have changed it from what it used to be when it was good.

Don't play? :wink:

Quote:
Healing Salves and Clarity Potions are non-combat consumables because they cost less and give more than normal health/mana potions.

The whole idea of non-combat consumable seems really stupid to be honest.

Quote:
Skeleton summons are among one of the most powerful things in the game in the early stages so they need no buff.

Wrong. Where did I say skele summons were underpowered? I only made the case that some are either too weak or that the CD time between each particular summons should be reduced or removed. Please learn to differentiate.