Global Upgrades

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Nick.Scryer
Visitor
Visitor

Global Upgrades

#1 Post by Nick.Scryer »

I've been thinking about the global upgrades that used to be available back in older version before they were removed (1.11?)

I think it was a good idea that upgrades have been lessened at least to the point where they aren't game breaking if one picks the wrong upgrades to counter their opponent(s).

My suggestion its to bring back global upgrades, but not allow Players to actually access them. I was thinking after X minutes all non-player controlled units would receive Upgraded Health say something as (minor as 5% to moderate 10%) receive 1 upgraded weapon, (whatever the math was for weapon upgrades prior to their removal.) & 1 armor upgrades (whatever the math was for armor upgrades prior to their removal.)

Maybe max it out to 5 upgrades. Possibly apply this to Mercenary Units as well (but not purchasable units from merchants such as skeletons, sludge(s) etc.

I was also thinking of applying this to towers as well with the HP increase, Damage and Armor. I think these global upgrades could provide at least a longer game where we could see an average game with heroes maybe in the upper level 30s/lower 40s to possibly seeing games last into the level 60s.

This is just an idea I have been thinking about for a while, and I have seen it work with other AoS. I know DotA uses global upgrades at least for units and I know AoM uses the same. I'm not suggesting directly follow their lead, just thinking it really can't hurt to add it in.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

Re: Global Upgrades

#2 Post by Dekar »

Are you from the past? Check the date on a newspaper and report back!
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Nick.Scryer
Visitor
Visitor

#3 Post by Nick.Scryer »

No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by DarnYak »

And what would the purpose of this be?

DarnYak

Nick.Scryer
Visitor
Visitor

#5 Post by Nick.Scryer »

I think it would help extend the game length at minimum.
Having the NPCs scale with heroes also makes them more than just an annoyance late game.

It would keep a hero from being able to (at least at a relatively early point in the game) AoE the lane down[I.E. Blackguard's "Shadowclap", Runeknight's "Grandrune", Gravel's "Rock Toss(or Slide)" etc]

Its just something that seems logical, since the heroes scale why not scale NPCs?

BustroQuick
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: googlypoo

#6 Post by BustroQuick »

Nick.Scryer wrote:Its just something that seems logical, since the heroes scale why not scale NPCs?
The game needs to end at some point. Having heroes be immensely more powerful than spawns helps that considerably.

SuIIy
Resident
Resident
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Sully24

#7 Post by SuIIy »

It would keep a hero from being able to (at least at a relatively early point in the game) AoE the lane down[I.E. Blackguard's "Shadowclap", Runeknight's "Grandrune", Gravel's "Rock Toss(or Slide)" etc]
This happens all the time anyway. And it's not like it can't be stopped.