Hero Suggestion: Revenant

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Sorlag
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: s-s-sorlag

Hero Suggestion: Revenant

#1 Post by Sorlag »

Hey, guys ! Since the EotA community is active once more I thought I'd give it a try for one last hero suggestion!

Hero
Name:Sternum Razorcoil
Hero Class:Revenant
Background:Some Necromancers strive to eventually leave their mortal shells, to become immortal, others strive for power and gather the forces of the living dead around them. Then again some others try to study and research the arts of dark magic to hone and fine their powers, to become more powerful, or just for the sake of their ego. There are even some among them who just thrive for the joy of killing, just to revive their victims afterwards in order to kill them again. Some Necromancers even become powerful enough to draw a certain ... interest of some sides. Once murdered, reanimated and enslaved they can be made a quite powerful tool fir for battle. A necromancer becoming an undead slave of some Overlord in the depths of hell. Quite a bit ironic.

Model Suggestion: Either a quite large skeleton mage, or as I would prefer an also rather large acolyte preferable in a tone of green.

Attribute Suggestions: Strength : Low (about 0.8 per Level)
Agility : Low (about 1.2 per Level)
Intelligence : Very High (Primary) (about 2.6 - 3 per Level)

Base Attack : Medium (about 46 - 50)
Base Attack Speed: Slow
Base Armor : High (about 12)
Base MS : Medium (about 280)
Attack Range : 600

Faction: Fel Horde

Skill Suggestions

Innate: Integrate Necromancy
Sternum converts some corpses in an area to hitpoints, if his hipoints are at maximum he will use the corpses to create an minor undead Warrior which health is based on the amount of corpses. If Sternum has his Skill 'Bone Guard' activated the hitpoints will be transferred to his Bone Shield instead, then heal himself after the maximum is reached.

The Health gained by Sternum, his shield and his Undead Warrior, should be only minor and increasable by a talent or by a Strength modifier.The damage of the Undead Warrior however, should be rather low and not changeable.

First Skill: Spirit Lance Evocation
Sternum hurls a lance of pure magical energy in target direction, hitting eeverthing in it's path for a set amount of damage and reducing their magic armor by X% per stack for about 30 seconds. Every time a target with a stack is hit again it does gets another stack of the reduction and the timer is renewed. The maximum range of the Lance should be rather high (about 1500).

I would imagine this spell to do about medium magic damage with a medium Int modifier, both rising with level. Also the width of the Lance could be increased per Level

Seconds Skill: Rigor Mortis Necromancy,Enchantment
The Hero curses a target enemy hero with a rather annoying debuff that you want to get rid of rather quickly. The debuff slows the target movement and attack speed by a set amount of percent. The more hitpoints the target is missing the longer this debuff lasts. The second effect of this debuff is nullifying the targets regeneration,if it has any, and converting any healing the target recieves into X% evocation damage dealt to the target for X seconds.

Leveling up this skill would increase the potential of the slow as well as the potential of the healing-to-damage convertion. It also could increase the duration of the two effects of the spell by a small amount, maybe even an int modifier could fit in here.

Third Skill: Bone Guard Necromancy
The Revenant sacrifices ~20 % of his maximum health to activate a bone shield. For every hit point sacrificed the shield gains X Hitpoints. When the shield is activated his movement speed of the hero is reduced by 50%, and creates a visual barrier around himself, this barrier has a certain health pool and converts 50% of the damage take by the Revenant to itself. The amount of damage the shield takes from physcial sources is reduced by X%. Enemies within a 150 radius of the Revenant get their attack speed reduced by X%. If evocation damage hits the shield, it fires a shard of bone at the inflicter and deals physical damage for X% of the taken damage. The shield can only be deactivated 5 seconds after activating it. If it is deactivated rest of it's health is used to heal the Revenant by a small percentage of it. Furthermore for every kill the Revenant does while 'Bone Guard' is active, the shield gets 5 Health added to it. The shield can have a maximum of X Hitpoints.

Increasing this skill, will increase the durability of the shield, the potence of the attack speed reduction and the damage returned by the shield. It also increases the amount of hitpoints converted to the shield's health and the maximum amount of hitpoints the shield can have. An Strength modifier would also be a good idea on that matter.

Fourth Skill Carbonize Evocation, Necromancy
This spell comes with two options, you can either blow up an enemy and see him burn while laughing sadistically , or less preferably healing an allied hero (who wants to actually do that ?). Carbonize burns the victim from the inside, or mends bones and chipped skulls. If the spell is cast on a hero it adds a debuff or buff that is not dispellable and that has three ticks. At first tick, which occurs the instant the spell is cast they take a small amount of magic damage. On the second tick after three seconds the targets bursts in flames dealing medium AoE magic damage in an 350 area. The last tick that occrus six seconds from the first deals a high amount of damage to the target and stuns it for X seconds. The same occurs for the allied target, only with the stun being removed by granting the target a high movement boost for X seconds and the amount being halfed.

The duration of the stun and the boost should increase by a small amount per Level. The Amount of magic damage or healing increases per Level as well as an Int Modifier, with the highest bonus granted to the last tick. The Amount of healing done is 50% less than the amount of damage that can be dealt. This spell only gets half the bonuses from items that increase evocation damage.

Ultimate Unify the dead Necromancy, Conjuration
The Hero begins channeling a spell for X seconds. Each second during his channeling he "uses" two corpses in a very large area around him. The corpses form an unctrollable Bone Horror that roams around the revenant and attacks the same targets. The longer he is able to channel the spell, the more corpses get added to the Bone Horror, raising his Health, Damage and Armor with every corpse by an amount, thus making him more powerful. Once the channeling has ended the Bone Horror suffers from a fair amount of Degeneration, until his body rots away and he dies.

The Health gain per corpse should be rather large on this one. The Amount of Damage, Armor and Health added per corpse rise with Level as well as the maximum channel duration. Some Modifiers could be added , but I doubt that would be a good idea. The Horror itself acts like some kind of 'familiar'. Damage and Armor increase with Hero Upgrades, too.

Talents

Expand the Graveyard Upgrades: 3
Crystal Cost: Low
Skills affected: Integrae
Description: Increases the area of effect, in which corpses can be consumed as well as the maximum amount of corpses by a small amount

Barbed Shards Upgrades: 2
Crystal Cost: Average
Skills affected:Bone Guard
Description: Gives the reflecting shards a 20% / 40% chance to stun the enemy hero on impact.

Unholy Blast Upgrades: 1
Crystal Cost: Very High
Skills affected: Bone Guard
Description: When Bone Guard is being disabled, the rest of the shield's hitpoints, that are not used to heal the Revenant are dealt as
Physical Area of Effect damage in a 200 radius around the hero.

Well, tell me what you think of it, I apologize if you are able to find any misspellings or spelling errors. EotA for ever !

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hero Suggestion: Revenant

#2 Post by DarnYak »

a rather annoying debuff
That's a fairly dangerous phrase to be using.

DarnYak

SuIIy
Resident
Resident
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Sully24

#3 Post by SuIIy »

Strength : Low (about 0.8 per Level)
This might be a bit too weak, particularly when in conjunction with some of his other abilities:
The Revenant sacrifices ~20 % of his maximum health to activate a bone shield. For every hit point sacrificed the shield gains X Hitpoints. When the shield is activated his movement speed of the hero is reduced by 50%, and creates a visual barrier around himself, this barrier has a certain health pool and converts 50% of the damage take by the Revenant to itself.
...Here it almost sounds like your aiming for a pseudo-tank/caster of sorts. Not unheard of (Lich and Defiler for example) but with his extremely low str gain casting this could be a huge bitch on your health.
The Hero begins channeling a spell for X seconds. Each second during his channeling he "uses" two corpses in a very large area around him. The corpses form an unctrollable Bone Horror that roams around the revenant and attacks the same targets. The longer he is able to channel the spell, the more corpses get added to the Bone Horror, raising his Health, Damage and Armor with every corpse by an amount, thus making him more powerful. Once the channeling has ended the Bone Horror suffers from a fair amount of Degeneration, until his body rots away and he dies.
The Health gain per corpse should be rather large on this one. The Amount of Damage, Armor and Health added per corpse rise with Level as well as the maximum channel duration. Some Modifiers could be added , but I doubt that would be a good idea. The Horror itself acts like some kind of 'familiar'. Damage and Armor increase with Hero Upgrades, too.
This one seemed a little confusing to me. Basically, it's attacking zombies+avatar?
Either a quite large skeleton mage, or as I would prefer an also rather large acolyte preferable in a tone of green.
Faction: Fel Horde
This would be a good undead model. I'd personally shoot for something a little different for the fel orcs, maybe a Gul'dan skin or something?

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#4 Post by Kalrithus »

His bio for the hero explained why he's on the Fel Orc side. Anyways here's my review

Spirit Lance - a Long range nuke with magic armor reduction: there is no magic armor per-say in warcraft 3 although there are things that can give you magic damage reduction so I'm sure that the opposite can be applied. If you're wanting this spell to be spammable so that the debuff can stack I would lower the medium magic damage to just a small base damage with a higher scaling int modifier.

Rigor Mortis - I like this spell mainly because there arn't a whole lot of ways to counter healing so far besides Rue's mortal strike.

Bone Guard - A fairly unique spell that could be really good, or really bad depending on how the numbers work out.

More later

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#5 Post by Dekar »

I like.

Maybe a tiny bit too complex at times, like the bone shield getting 5 health when he kills a unit.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer