Ghoulish--Gravekeeper

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Ghoulish--Gravekeeper

#1 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Ghoulish
Gravekeeper

Model: Not sure, suggest!
Faction: ?

Int 20 (2.2)
Str 20 (2.2)
Agi 13 (1.3)

Attack: 45-53 (250 range)
Armor: 10

Innate
Miserable
Slowly builds up attack, granting 5 additional attack every 3 seconds, but takes half of that from AS. Up to x (str) attack my be added. Medium-low CD.

Graveyard
Creates a immobile graveyard that summons zombies at random with certain effects. The number of zombies are affected by the presence of enemy corpses. Summons 1 zombie every second until all foreseeable corpses are used or until the maximum amount of zombies are reached. Graveyard's AoE range, HP, armor, and amount of zombies summoned increase per lvl. Medium CD. A maximum of one graveyard is allowed on the map at a time.

1] 300 HP, 400 AoE range, 5 armor, and up to 3 zombies summoned. One type of zombie.
2] 450 HP, 600 AoE range, 7 armor, and up to 5 zombies summoned. Two types of zombies.
3] 600 HP, 800 AoE range, 9 armor, and up to 7 zombies summoned. Two types of zombies.
4] 750 HP, 1000 AoE range, 11 armor, and up to 9 zombies summoned. Three types of zombies.
5] 900 HP, 1200 AoE, range, 15 armor, and up to 12 zombies summoned. Three types of zombies.
6] 1200 HP, 1500 AoE range, 18 armor, and up to 15 zombies summoned. Four types of zombies.

Types of zombies:
Zombie Rogue (Support, lane control)
Zombie Acanist (AoE dmg, disabler)
Zombie Butcher (Tank, AoE debuffer)
Zombie Impaler (Ranged attack, anti-air)

Zombie Rogue:
170 HP, 15 attack, 3 armor, and the Implant ability. Implant gives a 30% percent chance upon death for the Zombie Rogue to spawn into 3 lesser zombies.
Zombie Acanist:
250 HP, 1 armor, 35 attack (magic), and the Slaughter ability. Slaughter deals 200 dmg in an 400 AoE.
Zombie Butcher:
1200 HP, 15 armor, 41 attack, and the Afflict ability. Afflict deals minor DOT dmg in an 500 AoE and reduces armor, MS, AS, and attack by 20%
Zombie Impaler:
340 HP, 5 armor, 33 attack, and the Apocalyptic Shot ability. Apocalyptic Shot has a 10% chance to kill any unit in a 500 range line.

Will consider making this his ult if enough people complain it's too powerful.

Haunted
Places a DOT upon an enemy or allied hero. For enemies, deals minor (int based) dmg every 3 seconds, as well as reducing armor, attack, and MS by an even factor each time they cast a spell. For allies, adds armor and str by an odd factor every time they receive dmg. Factors, armor/str awarded, and DOT dmg increase per lvl. Medium-low CD.

Torment
Sends an invulnerable ghost to torment enemy heroes, following them where ever they go and dealing disaster based upon certain circumstances. Should the enemy hero take any spell dmg, ghost will reduce armor by a factor of 5 (5/10/15/20/25/30) for every spell cast upon them. If healed and/or buffed, will reduce intelligence by 5 every 7 seconds. Will also reduce HP by x (str) for every 20 physical dmg afflicted on them. Medium CD. Dispellible. Lasts 35 seconds.
[Talent: True Torment]
Gains a view of that hero for 20 seconds in an 500/700/900 AoE and reduces agil by 5/7/9 for the duration of Torment. Upgradable 3 times.

Binding Horror
When engaged with an enemy hero at 100 range, deals x (agil) dmg over 3 seconds and slows by y (str) for 4 seconds. Deals less dmg as the range between Ghoulish and the enemy increases, but applies a heavier slow up to a 800 range. For instance:
at a 100 range, deals heavy dmg, slows by 10%.
at a 300 range, deals medium heavy dmg, slows by 25%.
at a 500 range, deals medium dmg, slows by 40%.
Those are just some numbers. But fairly accurate.

Ultimate coming later. Rough and intended to go through edits. Leave comments!

America!

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

Re: Ghoulish--Gravekeeper

#2 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Bumped and reposted (thank Ion).

Would still appreciate helpful comments. No BS please.

America!

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#3 Post by mianmian »

Innate seems boring to me.

Graveyard seems quite good just because of the sheer amount of zombies it could throw out. With some of them having 1200hp, that is kinda ridiculous IMO, seems like it would be too good at sieging and slowing/stopping pushes.

Haunted seems like it does too much, ether not enough in each thing to e useful or too much of everything, I would make it more focused, and give it something else. A plain buff/debuff is boring.

I like Torment, it could probably be tweaked though. I would change the lowering HP thing for getting hit, seems to punishing, maybe make it that they lose 1/1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5 armor for every 100 damage they take. Make it so when their healed they lose attack OR move speed for X, and make it so whenever they get hit by a spell they lose int.

Binding Horror, the slow seems pretty big, I think it would almost make it impossible to escape from him. I would make this an activated ability, with a small passive on it, similar to Imbued or Great Bow.
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#4 Post by Reaper »

From what I understand the HP amount is the graveyard itself.
[Reaper]

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

To clear up confusion, the graveyard building does have 1.2k hit points at rank 6, like Reaper stated. But so do the tanking zombie butchers.

My fears have been confirmed. I was afraid I over did it with graveyard and such. I'll do some tweaking.

And thanks guys, seriously, the thoughts are REALLY wanted and helpful.

What does everyone think of adding graveyard as the ult?

Innate I lazy-ass'd on. Guilty. :(

America!

Luftwaffles
Communist
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#6 Post by Luftwaffles »

I thought you were joking when you said Ghoulish was his name, I assumed it was a description of him. Unique though definitely. I'll actually give a critique of this hero since I'm bored.

Miserable: Name has nothing to do with a skill, misleading and time-wasting. If it works by delaying his attack so he gets a burst of attacks over time that's interesting but in terms of gameplay that doesn't add much to him.

Graveyard: Been playing DotA huh?

Haunted: Although the concept of an allied/enemy target skill is interesting I don't see how this fits the hero or helps him at all. He'd be better suited having a supportive single/multi-target or an offensive single/multi-target rather then putting them together and forcing him to pick one at a time. In addition, the theme doesn't really suit what you're giving and what you're giving is a lot of effects. I'd shrink it down a bit (what does this skill provide to the hero and how does that affect the way he's played, how is it fun and where in gameplay could it be useful).

Torment: I actually kind of like the concept of this skill and with some fleshing out it might actually turn out to be something good. Out of all your ideas I think this is definitely the most promising and interesting. Unfortunately, while thematically it's closer to what you want I don't *really* think it adds much to your hero.

Binding Horror: If this is passive it's pretty much a free anti-melee spell. I'm glad you've been thinking about how this hero will deal with PKrs and such but I'm not entirely sure this is the right way to go around it. It seems pretty OP (considering he doesn't have to do anything).

All in all I think there's some salvageable things from this idea but I wouldn't expect to see it in EotA anytime soon.
- Luftwaffles