Generator Changes

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
CursedNobleman
Wanderer
Wanderer

Generator Changes

#1 Post by CursedNobleman »

I would like to start a debate about the following three generators. (Well, details can be found in this thread.)
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1524

To sum up.

Devastation Generator: Weak, bad at killing creeps (its intended target), bad at tanking (draws aggro by attacking), and generally not worth the deployment cost in time, gold, or micro.

Arcane Generator: Close to impossible to deploy and use properly on anything but Kedge's. A defensive tower with a high energy cost, and extremely long setup time.

Bomb Generator: A novelty tower. It functions properly, but it's not the best tower to choose in most situations. It has a high "WTF!?" factor though.

(I'll add suggestions for change later.)

coramoor2
Regular
Regular

Re: Generator Changes

#2 Post by coramoor2 »

Novelty gens aren't necessary a bad thing, though if thats all they are intended to be it would be nice to get confirmation. I really think the devastation gens work fine if their purpose is a ridiculously cheap tower (less than one sixth the cost of the next cheapest defensive tower). perhaps lower their energy use as they are really needed in large numbers when deployed away from a base, but they do have a high damage output (sure they hit for 20ish damage, but they seem to have three shots in the air at a time). or you could change the 'load time' from a disabled gen to make devastation a quick switch option to give a generator under attack a damage output.

i like the ideas behind the bomb and arcane gens, but they do need some serious revamping in terms of what they accomplish compared to set up time and energy cost. for instance, bomb gens would be amazing for a scorched earth policy at all forward bases if they had a paltry energy cost. and i do really like the idea of an arcane gen being able to throw spells map-wide. just upping mana regen and giving some cheap spells might be enough, like an aoe faerie fire to help reveal invisible units and provide a mild armor reduction. have the cheap spells be non-killer situational spells, and keep the creep killing spells at a high cost.

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#3 Post by Discombobulator »

CursedNobleman wrote:I would like to start a debate about the following three generators. (Well, details can be found in this thread.)
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1524

To sum up.

Devastation Generator: Weak, bad at killing creeps (its intended target), bad at tanking (draws aggro by attacking), and generally not worth the deployment cost in time, gold, or micro.

Arcane Generator: Close to impossible to deploy and use properly on anything but Kedge's. A defensive tower with a high energy cost, and extremely long setup time.

Bomb Generator: A novelty tower. It functions properly, but it's not the best tower to choose in most situations. It has a high "WTF!?" factor though.

(I'll add suggestions for change later.)

You're flaming the devastation gen way too hard. It costs 150 gold. For that kind of money, they're fantastic value.

Bombs require a lot of thinking, but IMO they're fine. Place one on the Stormwail summit and obliterate the enemy's huge merc-helped push in the middle.
I'm this forum's MVP.

LordSuzaku
Regular
Regular

#4 Post by LordSuzaku »

I prefer serpent wards over the devastation, sure they have 300, but with one or two packs put together, they won't get killed via spells (minus physical) and deal more damage as well as being expendable. They also avoid the worker cost/build time non sense for a weak generator. And if you want it at a base, structural support gens do a much better job at defense.

Arcanes are good.

Bombs are decent.
*Disclaimer*

LordSuzaku does not have complete control of his opinions as he is actually a pair of brothers.