Naxztek the Dimensional Stalker

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

Naxztek the Dimensional Stalker

#1 Post by Dekar »

I hereby present you a collaboration work between Sorlag and me. We went with a dimensions/time warping theme for a reason that wasn't that important or else I would remember it.

Hero
Name: Naxztek
Hero Class: Dimensional Stalker
Background: The pet dog of Deinnov who was left behind after Deinnov went through the elven portal shortly before it was destroyed. But that proved to be only a minor inconvenience due to his extraordinary abilitys of time and space manipulation. Being quite loyal to his master Naxztek took on the hardships of interdimensional travels to be reunited with Deinnov. Cool, huh?

Model Suggestion: Red Felhunter
Attribute Suggestions:
Strength : Low - Average
Agility : Great - High (Primary)
Intelligence: Poor - Low
MS : Great
AS : Average
Armor : Average
Range : Melee

Faction: Fel Horde

Innate: Time Sink
Naxztek gets the Time Sink buff for 15 seconds. Every enemy coming inside 250 range will lose 3% move and 5% attack speed while he will gain the same amount until Time Sink ends.

First Skill: Spatial Flux
Target hostile unit is teleported a very small distance 1-6 times in a rapid sequence and random directions, taking minor int based damage in the process. Close enemies to the target get dragged with it and take the same damage.

Talent: Increased range for dragging other units with the target.

Second Skill: Distortion
Target hero is affected by Distortion for some seconds. When Distortion ends target hero is teleported in the opposite direction he walked. Can be cast on enemy, allied heroes and self.
Distance teleported is 2*way walked for mirroring on the point he was when Distortion was cast and a modifier based on skill level: -15%/-10%/-5%/0%/+5%/+10%. So with a high skill level you can cast it on yourself, run the opposite direction of the hero you are chasing and then teleport infront of him, given equal speed for both.

Third Skill: Premonition
Long cast range, medium AoE target. When he is ordered to cast, all enemy units in the AoE are stored. Naxztek runs as usual to the point and starts channeling for 2 seconds. If he finishes channeling, he gains 100% evasion and blinks to each stored unit to bite them, dealing agi based damage. Each bite takes 0.8 seconds. After he attacked all stored units, he returns to his location and loses the evasion.
If Naxztek is disabled, the spell stops.

Talent: Shorter bite duration.
Talent: Naxztek returns to the casting location if the spell ends prematurely, e.g. when stunned.

Fourth Skill: Chrono Dive
Naxztek blinks a medium distance to target location, leaving an illusion of himself at his location before the blink. The Illusion walks towards the blink target and recieves the same orders as Naxztek with a 2 seconds delay. As long as the illusion is alive Naxztek gains permanent invisiblity even when attacking.
Naxztek can still be damaged by area of effect attacks and destroys the illusion automatically by using another skill. Illusion deals damage and cannot be controlled. Blink range, duration and illusion stats increases with level.

Talent: Illusion is destroyed with a 2 second delay when using a skill.

Ultimate: Time Vortex
All units in target area except Naxztek are caught in a time vortex. At cast and every 2 seconds their location is saved and they are teleported to a random earlier location until the spell ends or they manage to leave the AoE. Enemies take 10/15/20/25% more damage, dealt after each blink. Has a short cast range and lasts 10 seconds + int mod.
Mechanics: Pick every unit. Save the location of the picked unit in a location list specific to the unit. Move the Unit to a randomly chosen previous location. Repeat.

General Talent
Phasing Sickness: Enemy units are slowed by 10/20% for 3 seconds whenever they get relocated by one of Naxzteks spells.

Feel free to post when you like this hero.
Last edited by Dekar on August 27th, 2009, 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

Re: Naxztek the Dimensional Stalker

#2 Post by Discombobulator »

I like.
I'm this forum's MVP.

AlienFromBeyond
Resident
Resident

#3 Post by AlienFromBeyond »

Distortion sounds like a lot of fun :D. Does Time Vortex teleport completely randomly like Distortion, or randomly while staying within the bounds of the Vortex? When you say that Time Sink stacks, do you mean that the speed buff is increased for each enemy unit affected? That would be a good target for a talent, increasing that AoE so you can actually stack it decently, or the amount is slows/speeds up.

Also, needs a talent called Flux Capacitor :P.

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#4 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Yes, like Alien said, Distortion sounds cool. :wink:

Judging from the lack of buffs/dmg spells, I can assume this is a bread n' butter attack dmg hero? There are some things in here that remind of Swashy a little bit, not a bad thing.

America!

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by CryptLord1234 »

I like quite a bit. Sounds very nasty when paired with someone who can slow. I am a little confused about the innate, though, same as Alien. Is it that they lose that % move speed and atk dmg every so often, and he gains it, or is it that he gains it based on the number of units in the AoE, or what?
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#6 Post by Dekar »

Update description:
Naxztek gets the Time Sink buff for 15 seconds. Every enemy coming inside 250 range will lose 3% move and 5% attack speed while he will gain the same amount until Time Sink ends.
-> It stacks for every unit, but gives only one debuff/buff per unit.

His ultimate does this: Pick every unit. Save the location of the picked unit in a location list specific to the unit. Move the Unit to a randomly chosen previous location. Repeat.

Yes, he propably gets a good amount of damage out of his normal attack.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Cokemonkey11

#7 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

Distortion alone makes this hero a sweet idea.

I like :)
I miss EotA :(

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#8 Post by Reaper »

Add this
[Reaper]

Setokaiva