Hero: Batrider

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Cokemonkey11

Hero: Batrider

#1 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

I decided fel orc needed a flying hero too.
I never pick flying heroes, so I'm probably the worst person to do this, but hopefully I'll have some good ideas anyway...

Name: Lietus
Model: Troll Batrider, bonus points for using vexoran's dummy model to change roll and angle of attack
Stats: Strength/Intelligence primaries

Innate: Flying Height (Activated Cycle) (very low cd) (0 mana): While flying high Lietus cannot attack its targets, however it can cast spells. Furthermore it gains an additional 10% to its movement speed and permanent invisibility; if Lietus gets within 500 game units of a hero the invisibility is dispelled until it comes back down and then returns to its high flight. While flying low Lietus' movement speed is cut in half, and he cannot fly over cliffs, however he gains an additional 20% attack damage.

Fly height would be something like 200/600/1000

1: Carpet Bomb (Activated Switch) (very low cd) (low/average mana+low per second): While enabled Lietus spends mana dropping incendiary bombs on the ground every second. Bombs glide slightly in the air depending on Lietus' velocity. Bombs deal damage to their target depending on the height they're dropped from, plus intelligence based DoT. (Was thinking about that catapult fire thing, but I remembered this is assumed to be causing crashes)

2: Dive (Active) (avg cd) (average mana): Lietus begins diving peregrine status and completely loses velocity control until it hits the ground. Like carpet bomb, the missile (Lietus) will glide slightly in the velocity based direction it was moving before it began its dive. The crash landing stuns targets for intelligence based duration and damages them depending on ability level and starting fly height. Lietus is also briefly stunned, with a reduced duration when more targets are hit.

3: Long Distance Missile (Active Target (switched to) active stomp) (avg cd) (avg mana) This spell can only be used while Lietus if flying low. the first cast targets ground at up to 3000 range on the map. After that it can be clicked again to shoot the missile. The longer you wait between the target and the launch, the more damage is dealt. If Lietus stops flying low, the stomp ability is cast, or (5+AbilityLevel) time is reached, the missile will launch. Damage is based on time spent, strength, and distance.

4: Barrage (Active Channeled Area) (avg cd) (avg mana) For (3+AbilityLevel) seconds, once per second, Lietus launches a small missile at successively smaller arcs at a random location in a target area. The arc change over time causes all missiles to land at the same time.

Ultimate: Trebuchet (Activated Target) (avg cd) (avg/high mana): Lietus creates a small trebuchet at a target location. Trebuchets have 1 hp and by default don't do anything. Their affects can be felt at up to 3k range. Each successive creation costs more mana with no limit to the number of trebuchets. While carpet bomb is on, trebuchets attack ground at the position of Lietus. While diving trebuchets attack ground timed to sync with when Lietus hits the ground. When casting long distance missile, so do trebuchets. When using barrage, trebuchets join in in the launch of missiles, also timed to hit at the same time.

Talents:
Wingspeed: Changing fly height takes less time.
Unstable Concoction: Diving deals explosion damage which also affects Lietus slightly.
True Distance: Long Distance Missile's max distance is increased.
Rapid Reloader: Barrage occurs with less timeout (every .5 instead of 1 second?)
Team Player: Trebuchets get 199 extra health, and the summon hero ability (usable by whole team)
I miss EotA :(