Hero Suggestion: Obsidian Horror

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Ion
Communist

Hero Suggestion: Obsidian Horror

#1 Post by Ion »

Name can easily be changed, just needed something to put down.

Unfinished. You're welcome to help me out. At the moment I'm disappointed with him somewhat in the end however there's some good spell ideas so far and I'll see if within the next few days (perhaps with your help) a more cohesive hero concept comes together.

(Temporary) Hero Name: Obsidian Horror
No idea for a character name.
Model: Destroyer

A terrifying otherworldly creature of old.

No history since it adds nothing to char, whatever fits it. Intended to be for Grim Brigade or Fel Orcs, leaning to Grim Brigade since he's designed to be a great AoE/crowd-control hero.

Note that this hero can easily function as a hovering hero if flying is not preferred. I personally think that flying heroes get out too easily of certain spells that should hit them (for balancing pirposes) but whatever works.

As usual in my posts, if you see a star (*) it means that I'm not sure whether this spell fits, and I will post another/more spell(s) as alternate ideas.

Raise Wraith (Innate)
Autocastable; raises a Wraith (shade, either banished or can't physically attack- dispels or magic only, very low life, low ranged damage) from a corpse. When targeted, the corpse actually explodes dealing small AoE Int. based damage. If the OH turns out to be flying, his Wraiths should be flying as well (be cool to see them come out of the corpse and ascend up into the air), but if the OH is hovering keep them ground. Should have a cap on the number of Wraiths usable based on the Level and/or (Int. ?) of the OH. Excess Wraith's should just dissipate.
Wraiths should have timed life perhaps also based on Int. and perhaps with a cap that is level-dependent (to marginalize the Int. benefit but keep the benefit there nonetheless).
Talent... 'Dark Essence': When Raise Wraith is used and the OH has reached its cap, the Wraith that is normally simply killed in excess will explode, and units (nearby or underneath; depends on whether it's flying) are hurting for a small amount of Int. damage and have a temporary debuff on attack damage (%).

Bombard (Normal skill)*
AoE-channeling, point. Should be a glowing graphic or something around the OH for the duration of the spell. A portal spawns (the purple one), after a second, a bunch of purplely/orb-like/globby missiles should get fired from the portal to random places within the area targeted. These missiles should deal a small amount of Int. damage on impact and should temporarily slow units (move/attack) who get struck near one of them. If the channeling stops the portal breaks and a few weak globs should fire out just infront of the portal (short range).
Talent... 'Immolate': Gives a % chance per glob fired one of them explodes into flame, setting nearby enemies ablaze (lol).
Talent... 'Overshot': Gives a % chance that an extra and bigger glob will spawn and fire just outside the range targeted.

**Wraiths under control of the OH explode (order/time skewed) dealing a small amount of AoE damage to whoever's near. They should be converted into even more purple globs that deal more damage and have a more intense stun.

Bloodboil (Normal skill)
Single-target, enemy, not-Undead, buff. Curses the target and causes a dark cloud to form around it, reduces attack damage (%) and movement speed. After a few seconds there's an AoE explosion (Int. based, medium damage) and a bunch of blood (if possible) should spatter around the unit. The buff dissipates.
Talent... 'Plague': Like my talent for the Loremaster, this should make it so that the blood that explodes from the unit has a Plague contained within it (if the target dies the Zombie should pop out right away, lawl). Units hit by the blood should be infected and when they die Zombies should raise from their corpses. These Zombies should have Black Arrow or something and cause other Zombies to raise when the units they attack die as well.

**Wraiths under control of the OH should attack the target, perhaps even be given Blink so that they can specifically blink towards the target and attack it (or with a talent...?)

Rupture (Normal skill)*
Single-target, line or unit, effects only non-Undead units. The OH will hold for a fraction of a second with his spell-casting animation (I think his arms go up, may be mistake) and then dash forward (by this I mean he ports forward in the same way the Swashy dashes). If possible, banish him or give him a banish graphic during the dash. Units who are struck by Rupture take a small amount of damage. A graphic pops up over the effected units like the Dispel graphic (perhaps most red or dark or something). After a small delay (fraction of a asecond to a second) a portion of the damage drained by Rupture will be released in a small AoE healing nearby friendly Undead units. The OH will receive part of this portion.
Talent... 'Release Mana': In addition to HP, units with mana will have a portion of their mana drained and released in the same way.

**A line teleport basically that does a small amount of damage, drains a small amount of life for the OH and releases some for nearby units.
** If possible, have any Wraiths the OH has summoned face the same direction and port as well. They themselves should deal a small amount of damage and project forward a bit further then the OH. They should life-drain/mana-drain and release as well, but the increase should be marginal (like Infernal Binding's x damage per bolt kinda thing, except you have control over the number of Wraiths you spawn).
*** During the fraction of a second taken to align the OH, he should drop in height as well; same with the Wraiths, and be very low flying for the duration of the spell. Rises up after like other Swoop-esque spells.

Dead Rising* (Normal skill)
AoE target, channel. When cast over an area a dark cloud spawns from the center of the area target. As the cloud reaches out, enemy units have increased movement speed with a chance to miss. Units who are killed under the cloud will be raised as either Zombies or Ghosts (random % chance skewed to Zombies). Ghosts have evasion and a magic attack.

*The channeling part makes the cloud grow. No matter there will be a cloud, the point is that the longer you channel the bigger it gets.

Soulfuel* (Normal skill)
AoE, target. Same sort of graphic idea as Entrap Souls. Every few seconds, a random number of corpses will be targeted and removed. After a few seconds, for every corpse targeted a white Wraith (graphic; if possible) will spawn attacking enemy units within the area and healing friendly. What I mean by this is that units will randomly blink in-front of a unit, attack or heal them, then disappear and repeat. The Wraiths aren't attackable and only spawn for a certain number of attacks (perhaps based on Agi?)

Dark Cloud* (Normal skill)
AoE, target, channeling. Same idea as Dead Rising in terms of cloud growth etc. but instead of raising units within it, Undead units get increased attack speed, damage (%) and health regeneration and enemy units have a chance to miss. Can have a talent to give a chance that Zombies (and/or Ghosts) spawn.

Bonewall* (Normal skill)
AoE, target, channeling (maybe also requires corpses?) Raises a small wall of bone; units are pushed back on either side of the wall. Has Thorns Aura.

No idea for an ult atm.

Comments on current skills welcome. Dark Cloud, Dead Rising are pretty much the same. At the moment, if you include his first three skills he has three damaging spells (same as RK). Better ideas are also welcome. The only one I really like is Bloodboil (not sure if it's name fits) and I think Bombard is pretty cool too. His innate is up for change as well.
Ion.